Brainstorming or something.

Include DCT cable boxes and Starchoice boxes.
infowire

Brainstorming or something.

Post by infowire »

I have not touched any DCT boxes in a while, not since they updated here in Chi like 7 months ago. Now i found some free time to play.

Few ways (from my understanding how to get them channels).

1. CC Employee ads a sub under someone else account. (no hax required)
2. You activate a box, cut off communications and send the same activation command, and its back online. But they change the decryption keys every so often? (Something like that)

I know a guy that does something a long those lines, but his boxes dont have tv guide. (maybe because of cut communications?)

So i have the ability to activate my box by myself over and over for testing, and maybe few more boxes. I can try and record the activation data that gets sent to the dct, maybe for comparison?

Anyways, if anyone wants to be my mentor and a helping hand i would be more than happy to use my resources to get the ball rolling.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

infowire wrote:I have not touched any DCT boxes in a while, not since they updated here in Chi like 7 months ago. Now i found some free time to play.

Few ways (from my understanding how to get them channels).

1. CC Employee ads a sub under someone else account. (no hax required)
2. You activate a box, cut off communications and send the same activation command, and its back online. But they change the decryption keys every so often? (Something like that)

I know a guy that does something a long those lines, but his boxes dont have tv guide. (maybe because of cut communications?)

So i have the ability to activate my box by myself over and over for testing, and maybe few more boxes. I can try and record the activation data that gets sent to the dct, maybe for comparison?

Anyways, if anyone wants to be my mentor and a helping hand i would be more than happy to use my resources to get the ball rolling.
it's something like that, there is plenty of threads around here that are great starter points. look at the box you have and want to test and start there , you should have enough info here to get you going...

o by the way your buddy's box that doesn't have a guide is probably hard modded. there are better ways then that to program and still be able to keep the guide...

good luck and welcome aboard..
live your life like a beer commericial
Wolfgang

Post by Wolfgang »

infowire wrote:.... Anyways, if anyone wants to be my mentor and a helping hand .....
I would suggest you to lower your expectations from this forum; it's not going to happen if you expect to have a mentor here. Those days are long time gone. You may get some tech support for your USBJTAG/USBBDM if you have one though.
pussybills

Post by pussybills »

RE: CC Employee ads a sub under someone else account. (no hax required)

You have to ask yourself, does Comcast know their contractors are opening up demo/bogus accounts and selling boxes on craigslist? They even tell you they work for Comcast like its no big deal.
robbie1223

Post by robbie1223 »

pussybills wrote:RE: CC Employee ads a sub under someone else account. (no hax required)

You have to ask yourself, does Comcast know their contractors are opening up demo/bogus accounts and selling boxes on craigslist? They even tell you they work for Comcast like its no big deal.
They do this all over South Florida. They get away with it. BTW they are all independent contractors for cable company. That was there first mistake. They have no loyalty.

They even activate boxes and sell them with PPV, TV Guides, Etc, then they go down in a month when Cable Company knocks the box off for non-payment....smh...it is all over Craigslist here.
[email protected]

Converters

Post by [email protected] »

There can be no Loyalty when CC continue to lower the installation rate. Just a year ago an installer used to make 1k a week. Currently if you are not on the commercial or alarm team you will only see maybe $500.00 a week and that if you work 6 days and 7 or more installs a day.

This has been a current issue with the contractors........

SO YES you can have a converter activated and installed with a full package.

Currently CC is changing the keys every 3 months or so. But since the system down here sucks their trouble calls peek every time. The last time they had a 14% increase average throughout the system, in the Hialeah area alone it was 23%, that is unacceptable in PA. They are currently updating the system, but this takes time even years.
DeanOfTears

Post by DeanOfTears »

so does this mean ifi buy one of these boxes theyll just break in a couple months? is there any way to get one of these demo accounts for my box i already have:confused::confused::confused:
[email protected]

Post by [email protected] »

The current cycle for a box is 90 to 180 days.