box finally died after 3 years

Include DCT cable boxes and Starchoice boxes.
justsomeguy

box finally died after 3 years

Post by justsomeguy »

so my longest running box - going on 3 years now- finally went down. it was a old non-ph huge ass dinosaur ....I haven't gotten a chance to see if this is/was a key change issue, firmware issue, or if the ol beast just finally had enough and wants a reprogramming put onto it (sometimes I have found if boxes start getting screwy a simple reprogramming sometimes helps)....but hopefully in the next couple days i'll be able to check it out and see whats going on...
live your life like a beer commericial
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Yea, I've got a warm spot for the General Instruments DCT2224 that the main Chef at an Italian restaurant gave me back in 2004. I used to sell him Analog Test Cubes. Sat and collected dust like a champ until 2010 when I found out about this site and its Tools. Cut my bones on the 2224/2244's that made our Admin famous. Sizable bastard. Restoring the Basics back into that box that said ZERO when I got it was a great sense of accomplishment. It beat the Hell outta watching free TV and that be for real Goodday.
moddog

Post by moddog »

in your case this is not a big problem since there is other tool that can do the job if it is a keys change. If it was the DCT700 that would be an up hill bottle.
Good better best
liljayballer1010

Post by liljayballer1010 »

moddog wrote:in your case this is not a big problem since there is other tool that can do the job if it is a keys change. If it was the DCT700 that would be an up hill bottle.
What do you mean by up hill bottle, I have a dct700 thats down.
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

His bottle is only half full. not quite half empty. Somewhere inbetween.
merkin

Post by merkin »

*battle not bottle
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

Killswitch wrote:His bottle is only half full. not quite half empty. Somewhere inbetween.
that's about the normal for me....lol....
brucifer

I'll just leave this here

Post by brucifer »

stomperz

Is the glass half empty or half full?

Post by stomperz »

merkin wrote:*battle not bottle
What do you think about "Glass" ?
Sorry for my poor English, it is my primary language.:rolleyes:
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

stomperz wrote:What do you think about "Glass" ?
as long as there is something in that glass it dont matter..lol....just get a refill :p
ilavu

Post by ilavu »

moddog wrote:in your case this is not a big problem since there is other tool that can do the job if it is a keys change. If it was the DCT700 that would be an up hill bottle.
Can you PM me the name of that other tool please?
ant El

Dct 700

Post by ant El »

My box lost premiums too can you tell me the tool I need to get also
DeanOfTears

Post by DeanOfTears »

ant El wrote:My box lost premiums too can you tell me the tool I need to get also

Haha.... yeah..... did you even take the right precautions to protect yourself???

regardles, You'll find it unlikely there will be any handouts here especially when it comes to these Holy Tools.

Good luck
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Yea, he won't give ya a timely response - take a look at his Join Date. He's been here for several years, has faded into the backround like a Chamelion and comes out into the daylight to ask an occasional; serious question. Doesn't much troubleshoot a problem for others, just keeps to self. Ya gotta appreciate how things have gotten now that Security from Hell at Xfinity has extended its reach.Bacik a few years ago, this Site was alive and healthy. Now, kinda sickly and weak in the knee. What to do ? Identify new Targets and open up the doors accordingly.
dennisB

Post by dennisB »

Tool me bro!