April Fools

Include DCT cable boxes and Starchoice boxes.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

MoonGoon wrote:Hey, TV Star - I'm gonna put myself aside for a minute or two to bring you up to speed. I have an active account for a DCH 70 w/ CableCard. I'm trying to restore a DCT 2224 that's been on Gilligans Island a long time before I woke it up in January. It's an Illegal Alien and NOT on the MainFrame. When I jacked into the Tuner (no uplink) back on Jan.23 it took a hit after 60 secs. and Updated to an accurate Channel Map w/ TV Guide. We'll soon see how good ya really are. How do you reconnect the MultiCast Address pool (MCA) so that the TV Guide will load up? It's enabled in the Apps but since the Guide uses the MCA to load its data, we have no TV Guide. It became disconnected after I changed over to Daylight Savings Time. Where's the address of the string in the NVRAM to edit bytes and save using NVTOOL ? Nobody knows how to do this. Less than nobody. Load up a Pipe Bomb and tell me the address of where the MCA can be
reconnected. How good are you ?
Do yourself a favor and forget the NVRAM tool. Its nothing more than a novelty software to play with. It works but not needed at all for fixing daylight time issues. I WON'T Even bother telling you how it is supposed to be done correctly as I have already made posts to that regards. It can be done in a matter of seconds without going thru the pain of looking at all these numbers in HEX trying to figure out what's what. Specially if you don't understand HEX to begin with.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

MoonGoon wrote:Hey, TV Star - I'm gonna put myself aside for a minute or two to bring you up to speed. I have an active account for a DCH 70 w/ CableCard. I'm trying to restore a DCT 2224 that's been on Gilligans Island a long time before I woke it up in January. It's an Illegal Alien and NOT on the MainFrame. When I jacked into the Tuner (no uplink) back on Jan.23 it took a hit after 60 secs. and Updated to an accurate Channel Map w/ TV Guide. We'll soon see how good ya really are. How do you reconnect the MultiCast Address pool (MCA) so that the TV Guide will load up? It's enabled in the Apps but since the Guide uses the MCA to load its data, we have no TV Guide. It became disconnected after I changed over to Daylight Savings Time. Where's the address of the string in the NVRAM to edit bytes and save using NVTOOL ? Nobody knows how to do this. Less than nobody. Load up a Pipe Bomb and tell me the address of where the MCA can be
reconnected. How good are you ?
that wasn't a "hit" you took, it was updated firmware.
live your life like a beer commericial
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Negative, Mr. Guy. The Code started at 8.55 and stayed at 8.55. It gave me the same Map I'm looking at here with my DCH 70. Loaded the Guide. Now that the MCA has become disconnected somehow, it won't load here. Is the DCH 70 JTAGable and can I put its NVRAM onto my 2224 ? I would think so but I hear no talk about this DCH 70. Time to invest in a JTAG. Worth the price of admission.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

i just cleaned up the thread a bit.
please keep this thread on topic, it's starting to get pretty long and starting to side track will only make it even harder to understand what is going on..thanks.
live your life like a beer commericial
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

justsomeguy wrote:i just cleaned up the thread a bit.
please keep this thread on topic, it's starting to get pretty long and starting to side track will only make it even harder to understand what is going on..thanks.
That's the Problem My Friend, There is Nothing going ON. LMFAO The Solution will never be shared on open Forum, or at ALL for that matter. Only a few select people will be in the LOOP. ;)
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
jram

Post by jram »

I know nothing about cable boxes but was huge in sat hacking it sounds to me that they changed the video key so I would think that you either put your receiver back to original and have your cable provider hit the box so the video key upgrades or u get a box already upgraded and dump the chip. If it is indeed a changed video key and it works like sats did then that would be the way to do it. if your that good you can log the communication between the signal and the box when the hit comes and try to decrypt it but the first 2 ideas would be the faster easyier way to go. But like i said this is only if cable boxes work the same as sat boxes did.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

jram wrote:I know nothing about cable boxes but was huge in sat hacking it sounds to me that they changed the video key so I would think that you either put your receiver back to original and have your cable provider hit the box so the video key upgrades or u get a box already upgraded and dump the chip. If it is indeed a changed video key and it works like sats did then that would be the way to do it. if your that good you can log the communication between the siganl and the bo when the hit comes and try to decrypt it but the first 2 ideas would be the faster easyier way to go. But like i said this is only if cable boxes work the same as sat boxes did.
Your point of view is right on target, However when it come to the cable box's, It is easier said than done. But doable none the less.......... ;)
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Bravo! Well said - I want this Man on my team.
universall

channels are back

Post by universall »

all channels are working again
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Excellent! How do you trigger a Hit into a Box that's had a Key change? Boxes that become Deauthorized yet remain E 00 will NOT accept an Update from the HeadEnd here in Phila PA . There must be a smooth way to put a Fooley on the CC and get them to administer a Hit without that boy being on your Account. I've seen a guy do it with a Pro piece of hardware but he wouldn't show me the ropes, so, at least I know it can be done. Nobody here has the Testicular fortitude to put this thing on track. If you're on time, PM me and tell me how to approach the issue. Only God knows that I haven't been Spoonfed here by certain peeps. They'll tell ya that I'm a Freeloader. Comical - I'm one of the hottest Bottle Rockets in the Phila. area. Time to Light Up the Nite! Goodday.
merkin

Post by merkin »

MoonGoon wrote:Excellent! How do you trigger a Hit into a Box that's had a Key change? Boxes that become Deauthorized yet remain E 00 will NOT accept an Update from the HeadEnd here in Phila PA . There must be a smooth way to put a Fooley on the CC and get them to administer a Hit without that boy being on your Account. I've seen a guy do it with a Pro piece of hardware but he wouldn't show me the ropes, so, at least I know it can be done. Nobody here has the Testicular fortitude to put this thing on track. If you're on time, PM me and tell me how to approach the issue. Only God knows that I haven't been Spoonfed here by certain peeps. They'll tell ya that I'm a Freeloader. Comical - I'm one of the hottest Bottle Rockets in the Phila. area. Time to Light Up the Nite! Goodday.
You will only get out of this hobby, what you put in...
Not one of your posts give the impression that you have any idea whats going on behind the scenes.

There have been a couple of posts in the past about "seeing a guy mod boxes". But never with the slightest bit of proof. Here is a tip for you and anyone else reading...BECAUSE ITS ALL BULLSHIT. Here is a perfect example viewtopic.php?t=5026 <<< partsman07 is probably the biggest bullshitter here...that is NOT his only bullshit post.
And enough already with the metaphors. Probably the reason members are reluctant to help or maybe they cannot even decipher the jibberish.
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Oh, my God - are you another component of this so-called "Loop" that Al Capone makes occasional reference to ? I already know that you're one of the brighest lights this site has. But, please - if you can't understand what just went past you, it's time to take a refresher course in English 101 in whatever local University they've got there in Nebraska. No need to be on a fast track. Come down to my level for a minute or two. I'm not Tech like you, but I'm Tech nevertheless.
merkin

Post by merkin »

MoonGoon wrote:Oh, my God - are you another component of this so-called "Loop" that Al Capone makes occasional reference to ?
No, at least I dont think so. Just a member of this site which includes our administrator. Why would you ever need another group without him?
MoonGoon wrote:I already know that you're one of the brighest lights this site has. But, please - if you can't understand what just went past you, it's time to take a refresher course in English 101 in whatever local University they've got there in Nebraska.
Anyone who knew anything has left long ago(accept the aforementioned), just read the archives...or whats left of them.
MoonGoon wrote:No need to be on a fast track. Come down to my level for a minute or two. I'm not Tech like you, but I'm Tech nevertheless.
I cannot move any faster than the user in the driver seat.

Ask yourself what variables are absolutely necessary to accomplish the goal. Start with the occult menu, watch the update process and look for errors. Find out what OOB frequency your area uses. Find out the emm provider id your area uses. And if your nvram has only analog channels, then learn nvram structure and add some local qam channels. If your box is in "connected" state and you take care of the variables you will get your precious guide back.

But you still do not understand that nobody who put in the effort is gonna hold your hand.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

merkin wrote:No, at least I dont think so. Just a member of this site which includes our administrator. Why would you ever need another group without him?

Anyone who knew anything has left long ago(accept the aforementioned), just read the archives...or whats left of them.

I cannot move any faster than the user in the driver seat.

Ask yourself what variables are absolutely necessary to accomplish the goal. Start with the occult menu, watch the update process and look for errors. Find out what OOB frequency your area uses. Find out the emm provider id your area uses. And if your nvram has only analog channels, then learn nvram structure and add some local qam channels. If your box is in "connected" state and you take care of the variables you will get your precious guide back.

But you still do not understand that nobody who put in the effort is gonna hold your hand.
Well said Merkin!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As for getting Guide back though, That's to much trouble, there is an easier way to accomplish that........... ;)
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Hey, Al - if it was well said, what did he just say? In the King's English, please. How does a member begin to learn about NVRAM structure? I'm just laughing my Jock off at that one. People are fainting in the aisles. Nothing in the Archives on that subject, gentlemen. If members hadda know how to read Hex to achieve their respective goals, there would be nobody here. We's all be out in Death Valley CA waiting for wisdom that will never come. In the meantime, where's my canteen ? I need some fluids .......