April Fools

Include DCT cable boxes and Starchoice boxes.

Moderator: justsomeguy

CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

syankey1970 wrote:LOL

this thread reminds me of when the ISP's went BPI+ a few years back and effectively knocked out 75% of all the "testers" basically overnight! The thinning of the herd as the killer clown likes to say! Just like in testing modems, there is ALWAYS a viable solution to new security features if you know where to look. Capone knows what he's talking about...You need to think outside whatever methods you learned that were public as those are the methods that the ISP's have turned against you! Same thing I do with testing modems...NOTHING that worked before works now, we are forced to think outside the proverbial box to find a solution.....
Same thing in deed. LOL
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
Killswitch

Strike One

Post by Killswitch »

A swing and a miss, Strike One. It's Baseball season! Very cool the opening week. I don't think that your unit has to be Deactivated to successfully activate it, but the hit didn't do a Goddamn thing. Doing it over the Net is an impossibility. I don't think it's specific accd. to the model you have on account. A hit is a Hit - you get it past the infield and you're on base. A shame when you have high expectations. I want this boy back up on its Basic feet. I wonder what The Man will say about this when I request TeamViewer?
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

MoonGoon wrote:A swing and a miss, Strike One. It's Baseball season! Very cool the opening week. I don't think that your unit has to be Deactivated to successfully activate it, but the hit didn't do a Goddamn thing. Doing it over the Net is an impossibility. I don't think it's specific accd. to the model you have on account. A hit is a Hit - you get it past the infield and you're on base. A shame when you have high expectations. I want this boy back up on its Basic feet. I wonder what The Man will say about this when I request TeamViewer?
Of course NOT. Imanige they would have to first deactivate your box so they can add or upgrade your current SUB.........:confused: That would make no sence, Right? LOL If your going to swing at hits, Remember OEM Numbers.....;)
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
Killswitch

Getting on Base

Post by Killswitch »

Yea - thanx for the heads-up. I left the Fake UID/UPM in thinking that a Hit would just peel paint off the wall no matter what the configuration. I guess that's why the unit sat there and gave me the finger. All that the CC knows is that I've got a DCH 70 w/ CableCard and Digital Preferred status. This isn't very much data for them to target. A Hit is a Blanket effect and I want a nice warm Blanket to cozy up to. Somebody the other day said that this was pretty much a trade secret. I can see that happenin' if ya know what you're doing. Me? I don't know spit but still #1 in Philly. No ego here.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

a member here in one of the effected areas took some initiative and actually did some testing. he took his box and reactivated it, waited a couple weeks, then downgraded. he told me that not long after he downgraded the sub it went back to missing those channels....

now i'm not telling you guys what to or not to do, but the guy actually did some things that was asked of him, it's hard to sit and test something that isn't happening to you so i'm not 100% sure of all the small details that people sometimes dont pay attention to that matter more then anything...

there are a few people here that trying to help people who have this problem, but the majority of the people DO NOT do the simple things that are asked of them......JUST SAYIN...
live your life like a beer commericial
Killswitch

Swiss Cheese

Post by Killswitch »

My God - I'm actually beginning to lose focus on this one. The reason why nobody is coming forward with a solution is because you have a logistical impossibility here. I'm even beginning to talk like a College kid again and when that happens, I'm pissed. Other local backups aren't gonna work. Hits from the Headend aren't gonna work - tried this twice now. When you apply a Hit to a unit that's outcast and totally off the MainFrame, it won't do a damn thing. And, this box is E 00 and Connected. A total conflict of interest. A box without errors isn't up to snuff. Our proud Admin will tell me to pack it in. Everybody in this city is sum totally defeated. This is Security from Hell. And, I'll probably become obsessed trying to find an answer. This is NOT GOOD .
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

MoonGoon wrote:My God - I'm actually beginning to lose focus on this one. The reason why nobody is coming forward with a solution is because you have a logistical impossibility here. I'm even beginning to talk like a College kid again and when that happens, I'm pissed. Other local backups aren't gonna work. Hits from the Headend aren't gonna work - tried this twice now. When you apply a Hit to a unit that's outcast and totally off the MainFrame, it won't do a damn thing. And, this box is E 00 and Connected. A total conflict of interest. A box without errors isn't up to snuff. Our proud Admin will tell me to pack it in. Everybody in this city is sum totally defeated. This is Security from Hell. And, I'll probably become obsessed trying to find an answer. This is NOT GOOD .
if you want a box to take a hit you HAVE to take off the blocks that you applied to the box when you changed the programming, also you should put the original UID of your sub back on there to..
live your life like a beer commericial
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

I've done all that. It can't be done. Period. End of sentence
macgyver12

Post by macgyver12 »

This box that you are trying to send a hit to.... you are sending a hit to the proper box with the proper matching UID (not spoofed, original), with protections off....and it DOESNT respond??

Am I hearing you correctly? It's hard to decipher the riddles you call sentences.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

Just to add on to what Justsomeguy said, Which is correct, But the only way to remove everything is to Program Back the Original Backup made Before any testing was done. ;)
Hence my Comment
"If your going to swing at hits, Remember OEM Numbers....."
keja

Post by keja »

macgyver12 wrote:This box that you are trying to send a hit to.... you are sending a hit to the proper box with the proper matching UID (not spoofed, original), with protections off....and it DOESNT respond??

Am I hearing you correctly? It's hard to decipher the riddles you call sentences.
These guys lost me a long time ago, with the sentences. Moon all I know is that if you have at least one Prem on a unit then u will have what u are looking for here in Philly. It's just that simple, now how long it will last like that I don't know, but for now, just get a unit that has at least one Prem or the sports package and alot of your troubles just might go away.
Killswitch

Magic

Post by Killswitch »

Okay, are you a magician? We've had a Key change here for the first time since I don't know when and ANY sane person would lose their composure on this one. I'm sure that a couple of the hierarchy here know how to change the lock cylinder but it's a Trade Secret and won't go public with it. The XC didn't get Deauthorized and is still E 00 and that's the only optimistic thing goin' on here. Local Backups will NOT work. Hits from the CC won't work either, and I would've bet my soul that they would've. I sent a PM earlier to fill in the gaps. You'll need an Install Tech to Flash this boy professionally. Semi-pros won't be able to hang at this point. My crew has pulled these affected boxes outta line and stacked them up in a corner. My crew is good and has no answers. Conclusion - take it like a Man. Goodday.
macgyver12

Post by macgyver12 »

You need the proper keys, stop trying to meddle with all this other bs. its been explained in countless posts as to what the problem is, and I'm astonished that you are just figuring it out now.

Hit DOES work....assuming you are sending the hit to the proper box. If you however think that sending hits to boxes that aren't even on active accounts is going to work, you are wasting your time. Of course, I'm going to assume you already know that, I hope.... but if this is in fact an ACTIVE box on an ACTIVE account, then downgrade your package and then upgrade it again OR do the simple thing go on chat and tell them your channels don't work (box needs to be back at stock)

This isn't as difficult as you are making it seem if you have active subscription.
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Hey, TV Star - I'm gonna put myself aside for a minute or two to bring you up to speed. I have an active account for a DCH 70 w/ CableCard. I'm trying to restore a DCT 2224 that's been on Gilligans Island a long time before I woke it up in January. It's an Illegal Alien and NOT on the MainFrame. When I jacked into the Tuner (no uplink) back on Jan.23 it took a hit after 60 secs. and Updated to an accurate Channel Map w/ TV Guide. We'll soon see how good ya really are. How do you reconnect the MultiCast Address pool (MCA) so that the TV Guide will load up? It's enabled in the Apps but since the Guide uses the MCA to load its data, we have no TV Guide. It became disconnected after I changed over to Daylight Savings Time. Where's the address of the string in the NVRAM to edit bytes and save using NVTOOL ? Nobody knows how to do this. Less than nobody. Load up a Pipe Bomb and tell me the address of where the MCA can be
reconnected. How good are you ?
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

MoonGoon wrote:Okay, are you a magician? We've had a Key change here for the first time since I don't know when and ANY sane person would lose their composure on this one. I'm sure that a couple of the hierarchy here know how to change the lock cylinder but it's a Trade Secret and won't go public with it. The XC didn't get Deauthorized and is still E 00 and that's the only optimistic thing goin' on here. Local Backups will NOT work. Hits from the CC won't work either, and I would've bet my soul that they would've. I sent a PM earlier to fill in the gaps. You'll need an Install Tech to Flash this boy professionally. Semi-pros won't be able to hang at this point. My crew has pulled these affected boxes outta line and stacked them up in a corner. My crew is good and has no answers. Conclusion - take it like a Man. Goodday.
I disagree with you on that particular statement. Hits will work, and if they are not working for you it is 100% user error.