Help debricking a 2500

Include DCT cable boxes and Starchoice boxes.

Moderator: justsomeguy

bftiedt

Help debricking a 2500

Post by bftiedt »

i have tried all the steps i knw i can detect but it gives me all 0' for the value. So i tried the j200 jumper method with tap c and tap, even used the tap a ffffffff, and debug still wont come on. about the only think i have dont is shocked the hell out of myself 2 times now lol. im at a loss of what to try so any suggestions would be great.
moddog

Post by moddog »

bftiedt wrote:i have tried all the steps i knw i can detect but it gives me all 0' for the value. So i tried the j200 jumper method with tap c and tap, even used the tap a ffffffff, and debug still wont come on. about the only think i have dont is shocked the hell out of myself 2 times now lol. im at a loss of what to try so any suggestions would be great.
Idram boot(boot file) Erase boot, sprogram boot.
Good better best
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

bftiedt wrote:i have tried all the steps i knw i can detect but it gives me all 0' for the value. So i tried the j200 jumper method with tap c and tap, even used the tap a ffffffff, and debug still wont come on. about the only think i have dont is shocked the hell out of myself 2 times now lol. im at a loss of what to try so any suggestions would be great.
The J200 Method works Well. USBBDM also Posted a Boot and Plat That you can Use Only To DeBrick. Once the Box is DeBricked you Use Normal Programing to Program a Good BackUp and Box Should be Back To Normal State.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
bftiedt

Post by bftiedt »

i have used the sprogram boot command before and the j200 method. both worked great before . my problem is now when i do these debug should come on and its not. that what i dont get.
d0

Post by d0 »

if your using a BDM you should be using a JTAGNT if this is a DCT2500
bftiedt

Post by bftiedt »

yeah i just sen i posted in the wrong forum lol if usbbdm coud moe it tha would be great
keja

Post by keja »

TUNDRA wrote:The J200 Method works Well. USBBDM also Posted a Boot and Plat That you can Use Only To DeBrick. Once the Box is DeBricked you Use Normal Programing to Program a Good BackUp and Box Should be Back To Normal State.
And where would this boot and plat might be that USBBDM posted? And were u saying with these boot and plat bins that's all I would need to debrick a 2500? I could be reading this wrong.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

keja wrote:And where would this boot and plat might be that USBBDM posted? And were u saying with these boot and plat bins that's all I would need to debrick a 2500? I could be reading this wrong.
The boot and Plat are For DeBricking Only. Once Box is DeBricked you Have to Program a Good BackUp that will of Course Include the NVRAM.

Look in the File Download section for the Files.

Heres The Link. In Case you can't find it.
http://www.usbjtag.com/vbforum/download ... =cat&id=15
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."