shaw direct

BDM (NT) on Star Choice
justsomeguy

shaw direct

Post by justsomeguy »

hey guys...i'm kinda confused here about something. can you guys tell me what can be done with shaw direct satellite tv...i've been lookin into testin a couple boxs but i'm kinda confused with what can actually be done with it..lol...as far as i can tell a uid cannot be changed or faked yet, is that correct? but a past sub can be reconnected correct? now how does that effect the cc sending a desub command down the pipes? anthing other info that can also be given as to what can and cannot be accomplished would be awesome ! if someone can either respond or pm me it would be great...

thanks guys...
live your life like a beer commericial
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

justsomeguy wrote:hey guys...i'm kinda confused here about something. can you guys tell me what can be done with shaw direct satellite tv...i've been lookin into testin a couple boxs but i'm kinda confused with what can actually be done with it..lol...as far as i can tell a uid cannot be changed or faked yet, is that correct? but a past sub can be reconnected correct? now how does that effect the cc sending a desub command down the pipes? anthing other info that can also be given as to what can and cannot be accomplished would be awesome ! if someone can either respond or pm me it would be great...

thanks guys...
Don't About North of the Border stuff, But one can block the DeSub Command in Card., And they can try all they Wan't & Card will not respond, Similar to you Know what I'm Talking about. ;)
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
cablecowboy

Post by cablecowboy »

TUNDRA wrote:Don't About North of the Border stuff, But one can block the DeSub Command in Card., And they can try all they Wan't & Card will not respond, Similar to you Know what I'm Talking about. ;)
shaw chioce does not use a card. Shaw bought star choice here in canada and they use motorolla boxes.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

cablecowboy wrote:shaw chioce does not use a card. Shaw bought star choice here in canada and they use motorolla boxes.
so any info that you can devulge?

so shaw doesn't use a card so it's just modification of the box?

also just wondering (even though shaw doesnt use a card) what kind of programmer you use on the cards?

cowboy i notice that you've been testing *choice extensively. any tips, advice, info you can share with me? i can get a dsr 315 i think it is as well as a couple 401's i think...not sure off the top of my head if those are the exact models. there's not much info here on north of the border stuff so any info would be awesome !!

thanks guys...
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

cablecowboy wrote:shaw chioce does not use a card. Shaw bought star choice here in canada and they use motorolla boxes.
Then Better Yet. Easyer :D
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

justsomeguy wrote:so any info that you can devulge?

so shaw doesn't use a card so it's just modification of the box?

also just wondering (even though shaw doesnt use a card) what kind of programmer you use on the cards?

cowboy i notice that you've been testing *choice extensively. any tips, advice, info you can share with me? i can get a dsr 315 i think it is as well as a couple 401's i think...not sure off the top of my head if those are the exact models. there's not much info here on north of the border stuff so any info would be awesome !!

thanks guys...
GrassHopper, You should be able to disect this No Problem. Sounds Like Back to School for you. LOL :D
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

TUNDRA wrote:GrassHopper, You should be able to disect this No Problem. Sounds Like Back to School for you. LOL :D
not back to school.....STILL IN SCHOOL is more like it :D!!! lol...always learning something new buddy...my main thing to find out is really which boxs can be played with. but it looks like both of the ones i mentioned should be good to get. don't wanna waste my $ grabbin a box that isn't supported. this will be a intresting new thing to learn i'm thinkin....;)
cablecowboy

Post by cablecowboy »

I have not tested star choice. I was interested in a couple of threads awhile back. I just never got around to it. I do remember usbbdm saying all we have to do is figure out where the uid is and change it. I forget the term he used but that was basicaly what he meant. Figure that out and it should work same as moto cable boxes.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

Clearly DSR405 and DSR922 Looks to be supported. You can Find out this Info In the USBJTAG NT Software under DishIRD. ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Harry181

Supported STB's

Post by Harry181 »

DSR405 is the box that is supported, but need the NVRam dissected
to get the UID location etc, anyone available?
Far East of the Western World
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

Harry181 wrote:DSR405 is the box that is supported, but need the NVRam dissected
to get the UID location etc, anyone available?
DRS405 and DSR922 are Both Supported. If yours don't have DSR922, Maybe you Need to Download the XML For it.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

hopefully ill be picking up either a 401 or 405 within the next day or so....so from what i see here the biggest issue seems to be finding the uid in order to fake it correct:confused: one quick question (because i dont currently test these so i dont really know alot about them yet) if the uid cannot be manulipated then how do these boxes stay up :confused:

the sooner i get these babies the sooner the fun will begin...whooo hoooo cant wait to start playin with another toy to stress myself out and rip out the rest of my hair...lol..
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

SO i just got my hands on a 305sc and a 305. these both look like pretty old boxs and are beat u pretty bad. also i should be getting that 401 or 405 in the next couple days to start to play with...first i guess i gotta get my ass up on the roof and throw this pan up huh..lol...been awhile since i've installed a pan. pissin rain and thunder storming out today so that's not an option for the day..maybe this w/e will be a better time, then i should also have that other receiver to play with as well....

cheers !!!!!
**so i'm guessin after a bit of screwin around the 305 isn't supported is it?
Harry181

305 ... Nope

Post by Harry181 »

Only the *C 405 and the 922

\Dissasembly of NVRAM is required
Far East of the Western World
wickedcid

Model numbers

Post by wickedcid »

Is it possible that North of the border have different model # but are the same box or board i should say as it seems to be dsr 505 is hd and dsr 421 is sd. I still dont have cable and tired of waiting so i want to tinker with something as it has been awhile. :) Thanks in advance for any info

Cid