Testing SC/SD

BDM (NT) on Star Choice
lsm

Testing SC/SD

Post by lsm »

First off Thank You for all the hard work that all the members here contribute. I have been out of the loop for a bit and wondering if anyone can put me on the info to test starchoice. I have been reading but must have missed the correct threads.

Thanks again.
wolffie454

Post by wolffie454 »

You need to post the model and whether it has bdm header on the board. I have read quite a bit here on the sc models, but I don't know if anyone has been successful with change uid, etc on them via bdm. I have model DSR922 which is 4dtv, but have trouble, not enough info on my box here to do much as far as testing goes. good luck and read all posts in this section for bdm.
lsm

Post by lsm »

Thanks for the reply. I will keep reading and hope to find some more info. I do not have a SC/4dtv receiver as of now. I was hoping someone had some insight on a receiver. I seem to be the guy stuck with the S.A's.
marthypaul

Post by marthypaul »

wolffie454
do you have full dump of sv 4000, I need boot and address where boot can be loaded to.
Have a neusat 6000 which is identical to sv 4000. Only different face plate.
Have boot for it, but it is loaded at different address than SV boot.

Was trying to convert Neusat 6000 to sv 4000.
Was told, that there is some chip on mobo, where there is some code loaded to prevent cloning, do not have sv 4000 to test it out.
wolffie454

Post by wolffie454 »

marthypaul wrote:wolffie454
do you have full dump of sv 4000, I need boot and address where boot can be loaded to.
Have a neusat 6000 which is identical to sv 4000. Only different face plate.
Have boot for it, but it is loaded at different address than SV boot.

Was trying to convert Neusat 6000 to sv 4000.
Was told, that there is some chip on mobo, where there is some code loaded to prevent cloning, do not have sv 4000 to test it out.

This thread is about *choice dsr box. I only have DSR 922's, Azbox HD, and some old VS platinums. I don't know anything about Sonicviews.