Cisco 2325

RCA, DPC, etc.
Post Reply
U129718
Junior Member
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:35 am

Cisco 2325

Post by U129718 »

Hello, i have a cisco 2325 modem , i trying to make it works but i dont have information about this modem, anybody can help me?

Is there a target or XML file for the usbjtag NT??

Thanks
usbbdm
Junior Member
Posts: 8878
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:33 pm

Post by usbbdm »

U129718 wrote:Hello, i have a cisco 2325 modem , i trying to make it works but i dont have information about this modem, anybody can help me?

Is there a target or XML file for the usbjtag NT??

Thanks
In order to make the XML, there are several things to consider.
Is it through JTAG port? If yes, what kind of CPU it uses?
Is it SPI flash, if it is, is it programmed over JTAG or simply solder pins on flash.

I have not played with this modem and I cannot say too much about it.
CAPONE
Junior Member
Posts: 5011
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:25 pm

Post by CAPONE »

usbbdm wrote:In order to make the XML, there are several things to consider.
Is it through JTAG port? If yes, what kind of CPU it uses?
Is it SPI flash, if it is, is it programmed over JTAG or simply solder pins on flash.

I have not played with this modem and I cannot say too much about it.
Chipset: Broadcom BCM3361KPBG

Picture of Mobo Here

Has same JTag Port as DPC2100 R2
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
U129718
Junior Member
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:35 am

Post by U129718 »

CAPONE wrote:Chipset: Broadcom BCM3361KPBG

Picture of Mobo Here

Has same JTag Port as DPC2100 R2
Yes Capone. This is the Modem.
It is impossible solder pins on flash, and it is located under the wifi board. As Capone says, it has same JTag Port as DPC2100 R2, I Think, the only way to connect to the flash to work on it.

The Flash model is:
Spansion: ( http://www.spansion.com/Support/Datashe ... L-N_01.pdf )
S29GL064N90TF104
026BB090 B
How do you recommend me to go on with this model??
CAPONE
Junior Member
Posts: 5011
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:25 pm

Post by CAPONE »

U129718 wrote:Yes Capone. This is the Modem.
It is impossible solder pins on flash, and it is located under the wifi board. As Capone says, it has same JTag Port as DPC2100 R2, I Think, the only way to connect to the flash to work on it.

The Flash model is:
Spansion: ( http://www.spansion.com/Support/Datashe ... L-N_01.pdf )
S29GL064N90TF104
026BB090 B
How do you recommend me to go on with this model??
Yes, The last thing you want to try is soldering to that flash. Its not the same as soldering to an SPI Flash and won't work. For what I have read elsewhere the JTAG Port does recognize the BCM, which means there is a good chance for being able to Read and Flash with the USBJTAG NT. I wish I had one here to Play with.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
U129718
Junior Member
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:35 am

Post by U129718 »

CAPONE wrote:Yes, The last thing you want to try is soldering to that flash. Its not the same as soldering to an SPI Flash and won't work. For what I have read elsewhere the JTAG Port does recognize the BCM, which means there is a good chance for being able to Read and Flash with the USBJTAG NT. I wish I had one here to Play with.
Capone,
This modem is very rare and is the only one I have. What it'll do is send you the Netgear CG3100d for your studies. We have to wait to this summer, because it will fly to America with a collegue of my compañy. Leys talk about in private message when I have de opportunity.

Talking about cisco 2325, you said that I should detect the flash connectig it like a 2100 R2. And what about the commands to read and write on it?? Do you know??

I´ll try this night and let me tell you about.

Thanks
CAPONE
Junior Member
Posts: 5011
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:25 pm

Post by CAPONE »

U129718 wrote:Capone,
This modem is very rare and is the only one I have. What it'll do is send you the Netgear CG3100d for your studies. We have to wait to this summer, because it will fly to America with a collegue of my compañy. Leys talk about in private message when I have de opportunity.

Talking about cisco 2325, you said that I should detect the flash connectig it like a 2100 R2. And what about the commands to read and write on it?? Do you know??

I´ll try this night and let me tell you about.

Thanks
Sure, PM me. I may be able to get the Cisco 2325 on Line in E-Bay or something. I will look into it.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
U129718
Junior Member
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:35 am

Post by U129718 »

CAPONE wrote:Sure, PM me. I may be able to get the Cisco 2325 on Line in E-Bay or something. I will look into it.
Capone, thanks for being there...

when I connect USBJTAG NT to JTag Port as DPC2100 R2, and select the config for SB900, I detect the BCM:

-detect
IDCODE 0336817F
Broadcom BCM3368
IMPCODE 00800904
EJTAG V1, V2.0
DMA supoorted
tipo flash desconocido
Informe de estos valores http://www.usbjtag.com/vbforum 0bf0,02a1

but I do not know how to implement what I have read in other thread in forum.

In other way, with the test od SB900, I can get the flash information with the command: getram 0 800000. I can send it to you by mail...is 8M file.
You can try as well by Teamviewer....

How can I go on with this CM???
usbbdm
Junior Member
Posts: 8878
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:33 pm

Post by usbbdm »

Go to trap on (enter "program") Then detect the flash. You should get better result when you enter the TRAP ON on this modem.
CAPONE
Junior Member
Posts: 5011
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:25 pm

Post by CAPONE »

U129718 wrote:Capone, thanks for being there...

when I connect USBJTAG NT to JTag Port as DPC2100 R2, and select the config for SB900, I detect the BCM:

-detect
IDCODE 0336817F
Broadcom BCM3368
IMPCODE 00800904
EJTAG V1, V2.0
DMA supoorted
tipo flash desconocido
Informe de estos valores http://www.usbjtag.com/vbforum 0bf0,02a1

but I do not know how to implement what I have read in other thread in forum.

In other way, with the test od SB900, I can get the flash information with the command: getram 0 800000. I can send it to you by mail...is 8M file.
You can try as well by Teamviewer....

How can I go on with this CM???
DPC2100's and SB900 have only a 2 MB flash. You will possibly need to modify an XML file to make it read the full 8MB Flash.

Have you tried what USBBDM has suggested to get trap On? The unrecognized flash issue will not be that difficult to fix.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
U129718
Junior Member
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:35 am

Post by U129718 »

usbbdm wrote:Go to trap on (enter "program") Then detect the flash. You should get better result when you enter the TRAP ON on this modem.
I don´t know that you really mind....sorry.

I Think that you try to tell me is to start the program NT without connecting the USBJTAG to cisco2325.

go to programm, and it says to detect first the fash...after that I get:


-detect
IDCODE 0336817F
Broadcom BCM3368
IMPCODE 00800904
EJTAG V1, V2.0
DMA supoorted
tipo flash desconocido
Informe de estos valores http://www.usbjtag.com/vbforum 0bf0,02a1

The same result.

Is that what you mean???

after that I write "program" enter, and:

-program
-detect
IDCODE 0336817F
Broadcom BCM3368
IMPCODE 00800904
EJTAG V1, V2.0
DMA supoorted
Se ha encontrado Dirección= 9fc00000 CFI AMD064

I think that the flash to read is 0 to 800000

then I use the command:
getram 9fc00000 800000
save 9fc00000 800000

and get a 4M file.

Is that right??

it is curious, but I repeat the proccess, and now the result is:

-detect
IDCODE 0336817F
Broadcom BCM3368
IMPCODE 00800904
EJTAG V1, V2.0
DMA supoorted
Se ha encontrado Dirección= 9f400000 CFI AMD064

and now with the same commands:
getram 9f400000 800000

I get a 8M file.

what do you think??
CAPONE
Junior Member
Posts: 5011
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:25 pm

Post by CAPONE »

U129718 wrote:I don´t know that you really mind....sorry.

I Think that you try to tell me is to start the program NT without connecting the USBJTAG to cisco2325.

go to programm, and it says to detect first the fash...after that I get:


-detect
IDCODE 0336817F
Broadcom BCM3368
IMPCODE 00800904
EJTAG V1, V2.0
DMA supoorted
tipo flash desconocido
Informe de estos valores http://www.usbjtag.com/vbforum 0bf0,02a1

The same result.

Is that what you mean???

after that I write "program" enter, and:

-program
-detect
IDCODE 0336817F
Broadcom BCM3368
IMPCODE 00800904
EJTAG V1, V2.0
DMA supoorted
Se ha encontrado Dirección= 9fc00000 CFI AMD064

I think that the flash to read is 0 to 800000

then I use the command:
getram 9fc00000 800000
save 9fc00000 800000

and get a 4M file.

Is that right??

it is curious, but I repeat the proccess, and now the result is:

-detect
IDCODE 0336817F
Broadcom BCM3368
IMPCODE 00800904
EJTAG V1, V2.0
DMA supoorted
Se ha encontrado Dirección= 9f400000 CFI AMD064

and now with the same commands:
getram 9f400000 800000

I get a 8M file.

what do you think??
What he is saying is to MANUALLY TYPE "Program" then hit Enter.
Program in this case being a COMMAND you use to set TRAP ON.......:rolleyes:
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
usbbdm
Junior Member
Posts: 8878
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:33 pm

Post by usbbdm »

If this is the 8M flash, do not read 9fc00000 800000. That will not work.
Try the address of 9fc80000 800000 or even 9f400000 800000.

The real address need to be tested after I read the back up file. But I am sure 9fc00000 800000 WILL NOT WORK!!
edushmix
Junior Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:56 pm
Location: Rosario

Post by edushmix »

U129718 wrote:I don´t know that you really mind....sorry.

I Think that you try to tell me is to start the program NT without connecting the USBJTAG to cisco2325.

go to programm, and it says to detect first the fash...after that I get:


-detect
IDCODE 0336817F
Broadcom BCM3368
IMPCODE 00800904
EJTAG V1, V2.0
DMA supoorted
tipo flash desconocido
Informe de estos valores http://www.usbjtag.com/vbforum 0bf0,02a1

The same result.

Is that what you mean???

after that I write "program" enter, and:

-program
-detect
IDCODE 0336817F
Broadcom BCM3368
IMPCODE 00800904
EJTAG V1, V2.0
DMA supoorted
Se ha encontrado Dirección= 9fc00000 CFI AMD064

I think that the flash to read is 0 to 800000

then I use the command:
getram 9fc00000 800000
save 9fc00000 800000
thank u. work for me!!!
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest