Netgear CG2100D/VMDG280

RCA, DPC, etc.
rob s

Netgear CG2100D/VMDG280

Post by rob s »

Hi guys im having a problem flashing 1 of these or even taking a dump off 1. Ive got an .xml for it from sbh and it detects the spi chip fine but when i read it either comes back blank or with just a couple of lines of hex code which is nowhere near enough. Do you think this is a connection issue as all connections seem good and it detects the chip everytime. I dont even dare flash a dump as i dont want a bricked modem and i assume if its not reading it right everytime then it unlikely to write the dump either. Any advice or suggestions appreciated, Cheers Rob
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

rob s wrote:Hi guys im having a problem flashing 1 of these or even taking a dump off 1. Ive got an .xml for it from sbh and it detects the spi chip fine but when i read it either comes back blank or with just a couple of lines of hex code which is nowhere near enough. Do you think this is a connection issue as all connections seem good and it detects the chip everytime. I dont even dare flash a dump as i dont want a bricked modem and i assume if its not reading it right everytime then it unlikely to write the dump either. Any advice or suggestions appreciated, Cheers Rob
Can you take a picture of the PCB board and your soldering? Then a screen shot of what you get? I personally do not have such modem and would like to know something more.
rob s

Post by rob s »

im using a 6120 test clip which works fine on my ambit300, yeh i will upload some pics of the board in a bit if you want though mate. The flash chip is on the back of the board and the isp point is on the front of the board. Weirdly has the chip has the same pin layout as a 6120 even though it is a bcm3380 chip, when i detect the chip i get this message:Found Address= 00000000 25FL064A but when i read sometimes it is just fffff fffff fffff and sometimes i get a little bit of hex could that be a bad connection ? Just trying to take some photos on my phone now. Cheers, Rob
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Koevoet

Post by Koevoet »

The modem/router is this one : viewtopic.php?t=5688

Possably the clip causing a bad connection due to wear and tear.
rob s

Post by rob s »

Koevoet wrote:The modem/router is this one : viewtopic.php?t=5688

Possably the clip causing a bad connection due to wear and tear.
No i was using the wrong isp point (i feel like an idiot) i was using the isp point u110 which is the vmdg480 not vmdg280, just used the isp point in your post and it worked 1st time. Thanks koevoet
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Good to know that member koevoet helped.