Cisco DTA 271HD

JTAG (NT) on Cable Boxes

Moderator: justsomeguy

Bugman1400

Cisco DTA 271HD

Post by Bugman1400 »

Anybody have any luck with JTAG'ing this cable box. It looks impenetrable to me.
merkin

Post by merkin »

Bugman1400 wrote:Anybody have any luck with JTAG'ing this cable box. It looks impenetrable to me.
open it up and take some pictures. dta's have no upstream, so clone should be possible.
jram

Post by jram »

Clones are possible as long as you don't have more then 1 in the same node.
DeanOfTears

Post by DeanOfTears »

Possible? Have you actually tried it?
geant90

Possible

Post by geant90 »

It is possible and I have done it. I could not figure out how to get the chip to read while on the board. The same 25q64fvsig is on another modem that worked flawlessly. I concluded it was the damn circuits on the DTA and I could not pin point it but I was only able to read while it flashed red which did not last more than a few seconds. I unsoldered the chip, cleaned it up and it read and verified flawlessly.
Carlito's way

Post by Carlito's way »

geant90 wrote:It is possible and I have done it. I could not figure out how to get the chip to read while on the board. The same 25q64fvsig is on another modem that worked flawlessly. I concluded it was the damn circuits on the DTA and I could not pin point it but I was only able to read while it flashed red which did not last more than a few seconds. I unsoldered the chip, cleaned it up and it read and verified flawlessly.
This box looks like the Comcast 170HD, I haven't seen one in person but would bet is the same but for TWC.
household2

Post by household2 »

mr usbdm can you please post the steps to test the dci105com