All down

JTAG (NT) on Cable Boxes

Moderator: justsomeguy

thoughtout

A fix needed bad

Post by thoughtout »

I'm in Baltimore and it is a mess in my area. It appears everything went down from Philly to Southern MD. I know people down there. I test DCT 700 and 2500s and no one has come up with a way to get around this. Any suggestions please PM me. It would be greatly appreciated.
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

I live in Philly and the shit hit the fan on April 19th. In this part of the world, Xfinity updates their Keys every six (6) months. Last year it was April Fools day (April 1) followed by Veterans Day (mid Nov.) followed by this latest heat seeking missile. I'm currently working on a plan with a Pro Tool (Macreigor Demon 2) to be able to Flash Updated Keys without needing to take a Hit from the Provider via an Activation Code. It CAN be done but I'll need to become a Rocket Scientist and discover a superior piece of Software to drive this superior Pro Tool. Won't be easy - It'll be like finding the Holy Grail. Damn near impossible.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

Killswitch wrote:I live in Philly and the shit hit the fan on April 19th. In this part of the world, Xfinity updates their Keys every six (6) months. Last year it was April Fools day (April 1) followed by Veterans Day (mid Nov.) followed by this latest heat seeking missile. I'm currently working on a plan with a Pro Tool (Macreigor Demon 2) to be able to Flash Updated Keys without needing to take a Hit from the Provider via an Activation Code. It CAN be done but I'll need to become a Rocket Scientist and discover a superior piece of Software to drive this superior Pro Tool. Won't be easy - It'll be like finding the Holy Grail. Damn near impossible.
it's not the tools to edit the keys that's the problem. alot of people know what tool can do the job...the problem is knowing the proper code to send to the box to retrieve/write the keys. with that code it would be fairly simple to write the keys to the older boxes
live your life like a beer commericial
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

It's interesting that I needed to find this issue out for self. I've seen a guy get the job done with a Demon2. However, he requested an envelope filled with $150. for the secret of what kind of Software to be using with this Pro Tool. An anonymous Third Party and myself are going to get this Tool ( $750. new) and do a little research on it. Capone is going to be of assistance as well. Beyween him and myself, we should be able to almost Master that Tool. I'm good and he's excellent. Ya certainly can't do this using TeraTerm. Unfortunately, it's expensive. No used items floating around EBay. What to do ? Suck it up and go with the flow. Keys are one of my few remaining challenges.