Running jtag software .64 on vmware

JTAG (NT) on Cable Boxes

Moderator: justsomeguy

jkuntry

Running jtag software .64 on vmware

Post by jkuntry »

Just checking to see if anyone has ever used vmware and installed jtag software on and was was successfull connect a dct700. I bought a new pc running windows 8 and there are no jtag drivers as yet for win8 so i have winXP running on virtual workstation and it work fine, jtag software install perfect it recognizes the jtag and driver installs ok, but unable to get it to activate (NOT ACTIVE) is what I get. Any help would be appreciated.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

jkuntry wrote:Just checking to see if anyone has ever used vmware and installed jtag software on and was was successfull connect a dct700. I bought a new pc running windows 8 and there are no jtag drivers as yet for win8 so i have winXP running on virtual workstation and it work fine, jtag software install perfect it recognizes the jtag and driver installs ok, but unable to get it to activate (NOT ACTIVE) is what I get. Any help would be appreciated.
you can run usbjtag software on win8. there is a post kickin around here somewhere on how to set it up if your having probs. I know when I tried win8 on my comp I had it up and working fine. that was awhile ago now so I forgot what I did. since then I have gone back to a more enjoyable windows experience and put win7 back on lol.
live your life like a beer commericial
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

jkuntry wrote:Just checking to see if anyone has ever used vmware and installed jtag software on and was was successfull connect a dct700. I bought a new pc running windows 8 and there are no jtag drivers as yet for win8 so i have winXP running on virtual workstation and it work fine, jtag software install perfect it recognizes the jtag and driver installs ok, but unable to get it to activate (NOT ACTIVE) is what I get. Any help would be appreciated.
First you can run it under Windows 8 or under vmware.
Second you need activation code from [email protected] giving your hardware ID and your paypal email address.
jkuntry

Post by jkuntry »

I was currently running my jtag software on my windows 7, after I upgraded I cant get the jtag to recognize the dct700. the software works and runs fine on windows 8 and vmware but when when i open the software and plug up the jtag to the box it wont connect. I had already put in my activation code. I thinking its a driver issue.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

jkuntry wrote:I was currently running my jtag software on my windows 7, after I upgraded I cant get the jtag to recognize the dct700. the software works and runs fine on windows 8 and vmware but when when i open the software and plug up the jtag to the box it wont connect. I had already put in my activation code. I thinking its a driver issue.
do you have the proper jtag? you need the jtagNT for the dct700 NOT the jtagBDMNT ....just a question that needs to be asked...:confused:
live your life like a beer commericial
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

jkuntry wrote:I was currently running my jtag software on my windows 7, after I upgraded I cant get the jtag to recognize the dct700. the software works and runs fine on windows 8 and vmware but when when i open the software and plug up the jtag to the box it wont connect. I had already put in my activation code. I thinking its a driver issue.
Post a screen capture. Simply "it does not work" will not help to diag the issue.
jkuntry

Post by jkuntry »

I found my problem, on the software windows at the top toolbar, when I clk on tools its suppose to give me the activation windows, when I clk activation but it doesnt come up. I have tryed to uninstall the software and reinstall it and still I dont get that activation screen.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

jkuntry wrote:I found my problem, on the software windows at the top toolbar, when I clk on tools its suppose to give me the activation windows, when I clk activation but it doesnt come up. I have tryed to uninstall the software and reinstall it and still I dont get that activation screen.
You should first see USB connected. If not you have driver issue.
The activation dialog will popup only when you connected JTAG and it shows USB connected.
jkuntry

Post by jkuntry »

it shows me that usb is connected but at the top of the windows it should state [Testing:DCT700 Activated], but it says Not Activated....
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

jkuntry wrote:it shows me that usb is connected but at the top of the windows it should state [Testing:DCT700 Activated], but it says Not Activated....
Post screen captures.
moddog

Post by moddog »

He is right USBDM i face same problem with W8 but i downgrade back to W7.
Good better best
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

JTAG software runs perfectly on Windows 8 32 and 64 Bit. And I do also run JTAG on 64 bit VM with no problems. So just Pick you Poison..........
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Yea, JTAG .64 software will setup as an automatic on either Windows 8 or 8.1 but, just try getting a previously activated tool to activate on another unit with no grief. Lots of luck with THAT one ! These tools are always a painful ordeal to get up/running. You go onto TOOLS and go into ACTIVATION and come up blank. An intelligent guess would yield that there are no drivers for these tools on W8 and W8.1 . These tools are realistically much too specific. They won't run from one unit to the next. Bah !
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

Killswitch wrote:Yea, JTAG .64 software will setup as an automatic on either Windows 8 or 8.1 but, just try getting a previously activated tool to activate on another unit with no grief. Lots of luck with THAT one ! These tools are always a painful ordeal to get up/running. You go onto TOOLS and go into ACTIVATION and come up blank. An intelligent guess would yield that there are no drivers for these tools on W8 and W8.1 . These tools are realistically much too specific. They won't run from one unit to the next. Bah !
Not sure what your talking about :confused: Windows 7 32 and 64 Bit Drivers will and DO WORK on Windows 8, Been there done THAT and you can use the USBJTAG tools on as many different PC's as you Like with no Problems.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

If true, I casually wonder why, when I go into the software's Tools tab and open up Activation to enter the original Auth code, there's nothing there. Zippo - nada. Nada mas. Using a Compatibility tab won't work because it ain't there. You probably transferred your stuff off a W7 PC using Windows Easy Transfer. If I hadda Activate on my own, I would have to accept defeat like I did with learning the mystery of how to defeat Keys. I will personally lay 3-1 odds with Teamviewer that you can't bring it. Maybe you can sing it.