Pace "X1" PX001ANM & Pace RNG150N

JTAG (NT) on Cable Boxes
MrRogers

Pace "X1" PX001ANM & Pace RNG150N

Post by MrRogers »

Since nobody posted this ANYWHERE, I figured this would be the appropriate place to put it. It is unknown if it is jtaggable as of yet. This is just general information about the software as of right now. As many of you will notice from the youtube video, Comcast basically took our idea as far as turning their boxes in to a media center. They are definitely notorious for stealing others' ideas and using them as their own. Though we may not have invented mychannellogos, he should have been given some sort of credit from Comcrap for using his idea in their new build platform. Alot of our ideas as far as building a reputable media center definitely reflects in the youtube video. We did alot of work on that and now it seems like alot of the things we once did is now being used/stolen from us. But I am glad they did it, simplified it for us. Now we can build off of it and use it. For the longest time we were working towards a better media center and they finally took our idea and passed it on to consumers not to mention pushing the "Triple Play" in order to use it...

Guide Software

X1 is Comcast's next generation guide software that is totally HTML5 based, and has nothing to do with any of the previous legacy guides such as the blue and white i-Guide or SARA. It is a totally new guide software written as Tru2Way (also called OCAP) middleware. As such it should be fairly easily ported to different vendors compliant cable boxes.
The X1 Guide is also referred to as "The X1 Experience" and sometimes referred to as "On Screen Guide 3.0", this terminology typically has only been used in Scientific Atlanta/Cisco markets.

You can see the new user interface and features here: »http://xfinity.comcast.net/x1/

There is a new codename "X2" software, this is an internal name only, the end result will still be branded "X1", it is an evolution of the first generation X1 software, the X2 guide features a recommendations engine (ala TiVo), cloud DVR storage, and other enhancements/refinements. It is expected in late-2013.

Somewhat confusingly "X1" is also the common name used for Comcast's first DVR that implements the X1 Guide software. So for the purposes of clarity we call the guide software the "X1 Guide" and the DVR the "X1 DVR".
The X1 DVR and Guide combination was called codename "Xcalibur" during testing.

For information about X1 and AnyRoom please see the http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-and-Equipment/X1-DVR/m-p/1731535#M77276 from the official Comcast forums.

Cable Box Hardware

Much like the "RNG" designation used for current digital cable boxes there are different levels of "X" designations being used for different levels of features and boxes can come from a variety of vendors. These boxes are based on Comcast's new http://rdkcentral.com/about-rdk/ Unlike previous cable boxes, the RDK made boxes have a common physical design standard, so boxes from different vendors will now all look essentially identical.

• All currently deployed X1 set-top boxes come with the XR2 remote control (Version R2 or newer). The online user guide for the remote is available here: http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/xr2-xfinity-tv-remote/
• The current "X1 DVR" is made by Pace. This has been known by the codenames "Parker" and "Spectrum" while under development.
It is compliant with the "XG1" specification from the Comcast RDK. It is technically called the "Pace XG1", in various places on the chassis it has the designations of "XG1-P" (presumably to signify it is an XG1 compliant box made by Pace) and "PX001ANM." It has 6-tuners, however currently 5 are enabled. The current tuner configuration allows four simultaneous recordings while the fifth is used for live TV or OnDemand, the fifth tuner is never used for recording, it is always left available for live TV. This behavior may change in future updates.
ARRIS-Motorola is the second announced provider of XG1 hardware (Motorola refers to it as the DCX3600M). Announced in June 2013, it will be available in Q3 2013. Press Release.

• The secondary boxes that are being used with current X1 DVR deployments are a special build of a Pace RNG150N. Currently it is the only known RNG series set-top box used with the X1 platform. http://www.lightreading.com/dvrs/comcasts-x1-gets-a-multiroom-partner/240145643
• There are also very small (similar to the size of a DTA) client-only boxes called "Xi3" coming later in 2013 from a variety of vendors, including: Pace, ARRIS-Motorola, Humax and Technicolor, that will allow the X1 enabled DVRs to provide multi-room DVR services. These boxes are tunerless, they rely totally on MoCA networking from the main DVR and the DVR's tuners to do all TV functions. This is similar to how the TiVo Mini works. It is expected to be paired with the XG5 "headless" gateway.
Original Xi3 design as seen in FCC documents
Newer Xi3 design and voice control enabled remote as seen at The Cable Show in June 2013

• Lastly, there is an "XG5" specification which is meant to be a whole home solution (a Media Server Gateway) that combines DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem, wireless router, digital voice telephony, digital cable DVR, and transcoding hardware for streaming TV inside the house, into one box. It intended to be "headless" (i.e. not connected to a TV), instead it would be put somewhere near the cable line into the house (perhaps in a closet) where it will function as a server to other clients including MoCA enabled cable boxes, and transcoded video streams to smart phones and tablets. Pace and ARRIS-Motorola are producing hardware compliant with the XG5 specs. A few more details can be found here. The ARRIS-Motorola version, Model MG2402, was shown at CES in the Intel booth. It is expected in the second half of 2013.

Here is an interesting YouTube video of the UI:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1H_3QioV_E
I JTAGGED your mom.
I was told that there is no such thing as a free lunch, I then learned through personal experience that the best things in life ARE FREE - Me

WE ARE ANONYMOUS, EXPECT US.

All posts/topics that I post in are completely hypothetical in real life and should not be taken seriously.
b00tl3gg3r

Post by b00tl3gg3r »

Found this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOXMbRFw0Ao

I guess this is how the gateway will work.

The guy definitely is not in marketing imo. :p
MobileHackerC

Post by MobileHackerC »

i have one of these boxes px001anm XG1-P and it is not from my area? how can i adjust the daylight savings time and register it to my area cable frequency or system code?