Dct700

JTAG (NT) on Cable Boxes

Moderator: justsomeguy

moddog

Dct700

Post by moddog »

What is the difference between RAM and ALLFLASH?
Good better best
MrRogers

Post by MrRogers »

This is just my wild guess - ALLFLASH contains everything on the flash chip I believe, i.e. BOOT, RAM, NVRAM, plat, app1, app2, app3, app4, rsvd.

RAM is just a portion of the pie. ALLFLASH is the entire pie so to speak.
I JTAGGED your mom.
I was told that there is no such thing as a free lunch, I then learned through personal experience that the best things in life ARE FREE - Me

WE ARE ANONYMOUS, EXPECT US.

All posts/topics that I post in are completely hypothetical in real life and should not be taken seriously.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

No. RAM does is not part of the flash. ALLFLASH does not include RAM.
moddog

Post by moddog »

usbbdm wrote:No. RAM does is not part of the flash. ALLFLASH does not include RAM.
That is why i ask what is the difference, what does it contain, because my guess is that there is more to the ram than we really know, con you explain?
Good better best
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

moddog wrote:That is why i ask what is the difference, what does it contain, because my guess is that there is more to the ram than we really know, con you explain?
It Contains No USEFULL INFO. Why Don't You Just read it Yourself and Look In Hexeditor. Better Yet Erase it And see it will not affect anything. The INFO in RAM Changes all the Time, Think about it as the Ram in a Computer, Just a Temporary Storage. My Guess this is where they store the Guide INFO that as You Know will continue to Change every few Minutes or Hours.
DISHFEAR

Post by DISHFEAR »

i thought i read somewhere , for another device that the ram is for the decrypted data of the video stream , and that its so big after its processed that it can only transport to the tv and then erase's its self .

the unzipped raw video I mean
ccvictornillo

Post by ccvictornillo »

you can see the instructions for activation in the ram, at commands exactly.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

ccvictornillo wrote:you can see the instructions for activation in the ram, at commands exactly.
So what are you Suggesting? That commands can be Placed there for box to execute? :D
moddog

Post by moddog »

ccvictornillo wrote:you can see the instructions for activation in the ram, at commands exactly.
I think so as well, some question was ask but never answer you all can get a better understanding why i started this thread. This thread is the reason why i ask this question (XC chip Hack DLL File) viewtopic.php?t=4131&highlight=chip+Hack+File
Good better best
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

moddog wrote:I think so as well, some question was ask but never answer you all can get a better understanding why i started this thread. This thread is the reason why i ask this question (XC chip Hack DLL File)
No Such DLL was ever made By USBBDM.
DISHFEAR

Post by DISHFEAR »

I have so many questions and idea's. Could someone get me in pm ..... I wanna expand my membership