WatchDog

DCT64XX,DCT34XX
Killswitch

WatchDog

Post by Killswitch »

Good afternoon. I'm trying to disable the WatchDog on a DCT3416 Phase 1 so that I won't have to write files in blocks. At first, I tried getting the unit into DEBUG ON mode but,after apprx. 20 secs. it goes OFF and begins to Reset. Bah! Next move is trying to get TRAP ON mode to appear . So far, no dice. What command will generate a TRAP ON response ? Won't find this in the users manual. I'll try the Search tab. This is my first box that uses 64 bit programming. Lots to learn. That's okay - I've got a pea Brain.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Killswitch wrote:Good afternoon. I'm trying to disable the WatchDog on a DCT3416 Phase 1 so that I won't have to write files in blocks. At first, I tried getting the unit into DEBUG ON mode but,after apprx. 20 secs. it goes OFF and begins to Reset. Bah! Next move is trying to get TRAP ON mode to appear . So far, no dice. What command will generate a TRAP ON response ? Won't find this in the users manual. I'll try the Search tab. This is my first box that uses 64 bit programming. Lots to learn. That's okay - I've got a pea Brain.
To be able to get TRAP ON you need to make sure the programram is set properly. What it does is it inject the TRAP code into ram and run from there. If that is not defined properly you can never get to TRAP ON. The command is "program" and it will get to TRAP ON.