Another DCT3416 Phase 1

DCT64XX,DCT34XX
MrRogers

Post by MrRogers »

Sounds good :)
I JTAGGED your mom.
I was told that there is no such thing as a free lunch, I then learned through personal experience that the best things in life ARE FREE - Me

WE ARE ANONYMOUS, EXPECT US.

All posts/topics that I post in are completely hypothetical in real life and should not be taken seriously.
merkin

Post by merkin »

MoonGoon wrote:Yes, and thanx but somebody has already beat you to the punch.
Its not a competition with me...just trying to help.
MoonGoon wrote: I've built Test Cubes in the past but will happily advance the $25. required. A fair price.
Good for you. Considering you can get free samples, it sounds like a rip off.
MrRogers

Post by MrRogers »

Whatever the case may be, the moderator had good reason to remove your link/post (which linked DIRECTLY to that site, not another post within this site - since the link within this site does not go to that site.) So repost that link all you want as long as it does not go to that site.

And I am keeping it technical for the most part, and I was being courteous enough to let you know that you should remove the offsite links before the mods do.

It is obvious that you should be keeping that site to yourself judging by the fact that it is not mentioned here. I am not sure if you have an issue with me or what I am saying but you are deliberately sharing that link with everyone as opposed to a close friend, so you might want to think about who that affects on this site besides sucking in the 15 mins of fame for giving that link to everyone. There is not argument that the mod that removed it does not want it posted nor discussed so lets leave it at that and let MoonGoon continue testing and if you feel like helping him then go right ahead but if you are going to reference that other site and how to use the tool I recommend for your sake that you do it privately as to not piss off the mods.

@MoonGoon, you seem like you are very adamant about testing on the 3416 so I would not stop until you get peace of mind with it, keep in mind it has to be subbed, no way around that. So with that being said you can take the HW approach or the software approach. Both of which are not discussed in the open forums as it does not pertain to conventional USBJTag NT JTAGGING.
I JTAGGED your mom.
I was told that there is no such thing as a free lunch, I then learned through personal experience that the best things in life ARE FREE - Me

WE ARE ANONYMOUS, EXPECT US.

All posts/topics that I post in are completely hypothetical in real life and should not be taken seriously.
merkin

Post by merkin »

http://robotics.org.za/new_images/max233_circuit.jpg

233 is the easiest route since 232 requires more caps. Just connect the TTL RX/TX to appropriate pins on J18.
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Gentlemen : please excuse the verbal atrocities somewhere in the length of this Post. This new Target is stubborn but I'm a quick study and I've almost got a handle on it. In the big city of Phila. I've learned that Targets found for Value Meal money at the Flea Mart has been stepped on by its Provider. When I first turned this boy on without a live line and went to the Diags Menu and found it to be connected and on Channel 303 (HBO) I believed that I was on a good day. Connecting a live feed Locked the terminal within 60 secs. Un-real ! Next came the FW Update/ Full Factory Reset sequence of Death. Conclusion : this step is to be avoided like death and Taxes ! If you kill the Return before it wants to update, you MAY ( ??? ) be able to have your cake and eat it, too ! Although, upon second thought, it may not have the right Keys . Testing to continue. Sorry for the mealymouthed attitude.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

MoonGoon wrote:Gentlemen : please excuse the verbal atrocities somewhere in the length of this Post. This new Target is stubborn but I'm a quick study and I've almost got a handle on it. In the big city of Phila. I've learned that Targets found for Value Meal money at the Flea Mart has been stepped on by its Provider. When I first turned this boy on without a live line and went to the Diags Menu and found it to be connected and on Channel 303 (HBO) I believed that I was on a good day. Connecting a live feed Locked the terminal within 60 secs. Un-real ! Next came the FW Update/ Full Factory Reset sequence of Death. Conclusion : this step is to be avoided like death and Taxes ! If you kill the Return before it wants to update, you MAY ( ??? ) be able to have your cake and eat it, too ! Although, upon second thought, it may not have the right Keys . Testing to continue. Sorry for the mealymouthed attitude.
this is NOT true, these boxes can take updates IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING...and more then likely your box doesn't have the keys, just like the rest of your boxes.

maybe one of the past posters in this thread will feed you an even bigger silver spoon and logmein for you and do it all for ya as well...he pretty much fed the entire community and (CACO'S) all the answers to what you guys need...
live your life like a beer commericial
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Nah, dude - I DO know who you're referring to and I haven't gotten any collaboration from him in the past. As far as I can see, I'm 0 for 4 with 3416's and have learned a great deal. Never once been to the TeamViewer in over 40 months time here. The first box got ZEROED and disconnected. Second got Updated and Disconnected. Third and fourth stayed EP 00 and get Locals only. Apparently, if the box isn't Subbed, it's gonna get shot down like a Quail . Can see that a mile away. However, if you prevent the sequence of Death via a HW Mod or Software Mod (cut the return) you'll probably float, maybe even walk on water. Somebody gave me a DCH3416 with everything on it. Last used in 2010. Did the HW and that boy NEVER fought back . Conclusion : That FW Update is from the Darkside. Really corrupt. Serves nobody here.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

MoonGoon wrote:Nah, dude - I DO know who you're referring to and I haven't gotten any collaboration from him in the past. As far as I can see, I'm 0 for 4 with 3416's and have learned a great deal. Never once been to the TeamViewer in over 40 months time here. The first box got ZEROED and disconnected. Second got Updated and Disconnected. Third and fourth stayed EP 00 and get Locals only. Apparently, if the box isn't Subbed, it's gonna get shot down like a Quail . Can see that a mile away. However, if you prevent the sequence of Death via a HW Mod or Software Mod (cut the return) you'll probably float, maybe even walk on water. Somebody gave me a DCH3416 with everything on it. Last used in 2010. Did the HW and that boy NEVER fought back . Conclusion : That FW Update is from the Darkside. Really corrupt. Serves nobody here.
you answered every single question you need to ever now about these boxes in just this one post!!!!! you probably don't realize it but you know more then you think you do about these...your problem is that you think you can do something that is impossible with the tools you have...lol...but you are 100% on the correct track
live your life like a beer commericial
merkin

Post by merkin »

Go ahead and remove the link, if you can do it without removing the other one this time. Was not even aware of that site until I searched google yesterday, by looking for the easy way out for another member. Btw, the search terms "motorola dct diagnostic port" brings back sts as third result. How can it be a secret?
usbbdm has no issue with it. Nothing posted was a secret whether you want to believe it or not. Its been posted multiple times in the past. Someone spoon fed each and everyone of you...and me as well.

It boils my blood when people try to make profit that way. Its no different than selling modded smart cards and modems. Profiting off a testers work in this hobby is what really destroys it. Have you searched craigslist lately?

@MoonGoon
Wouldn't it be nice to get the firmware and other apps directly from the OOB stream to solve your troubles and never depend on someone else? Seemed like a good idea to me also.
Hard to tell not being familiar with the history your disconnected HD DCT's, but some phases support "connect the box".
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Yes, Sir - I'm aware that the DCT3416 Phase 1 WILL cooperate with the DCT6412 dll which appears as a EJTAG64 app. I'm well aware that the 12 and 16 at the end of the model number refers to the size of the Seagate HDD's inside. The DCT3400 and DCT6400 series are virtaully identical Boards with a few subtle variations. I would imagine that using Connect will reenable the InBand Tuner back into action. Now, to solder some Micro Mini Alligator Jumper cables into the JTAG port. The JTAG isn't going to do a lot here. That other Tool looks very versatile and I'm gonna give it a spin. Thanx for the courtesy call.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

merkin wrote:Go ahead and remove the link, if you can do it without removing the other one this time. Was not even aware of that site until I searched google yesterday, by looking for the easy way out for another member. Btw, the search terms "motorola dct diagnostic port" brings back sts as third result. How can it be a secret?
usbbdm has no issue with it. Nothing posted was a secret whether you want to believe it or not. Its been posted multiple times in the past. Someone spoon fed each and everyone of you...and me as well.

It boils my blood when people try to make profit that way. Its no different than selling modded smart cards and modems. Profiting off a testers work in this hobby is what really destroys it. Have you searched craigslist lately?

@MoonGoon
Wouldn't it be nice to get the firmware and other apps directly from the OOB stream to solve your troubles and never depend on someone else? Seemed like a good idea to me also.
Hard to tell not being familiar with the history your disconnected HD DCT's, but some phases support "connect the box".
I think that's the whole IDEA behind Logging the Inband Stream on the DCT2224/2244's However not much is going on in that sector of TESTING these days.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
moddog

Post by moddog »

It seems like capone was keeping the royal bay a live, because he as not put a word to this thread and till now....lol...@merkin, thanks for that good stuff that you post i get something from that site that i was looking for a very long time now, thank you very much.
Good better best
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Yea, sure ......... There couldn't have been too many Testers that got a line on that Link that Mr. Merkin posted but for those lucky few. Wow-w ! Heavy gravity ! Solid Gold ! I guess that this is how the Man got to be one of the strongest Testers on this circuit. Bravo !
merkin

Post by merkin »

CAPONE wrote:I think that's the whole IDEA behind Logging the Inband Stream on the DCT2224/2244's However not much is going on in that sector of TESTING these days.
Think again. The IB stream is not specific to any one set-top. Only recently during DTA transition did cable co's put SCTE65 info on the IB stream via ISO 13818-6 spec because DTA's are single tuners. It may be worth while to look into the IB again since its so easy to log.
moddog wrote:@merkin, thanks for that good stuff that you post i get something from that site that i was looking for a very long time now, thank you very much.
Sorry to hear that you got ripped off.
MoonGoon wrote:Yea, sure ......... There couldn't have been too many Testers that got a line on that Link that Mr. Merkin posted but for those lucky few. Wow-w ! Heavy gravity ! Solid Gold ! I guess that this is how the Man got to be one of the strongest Testers on this circuit. Bravo !
Settle down...usbbdm had no issue with the link and put it back right away.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

merkin wrote:Think again. The IB stream is not specific to any one set-top. Only recently during DTA transition did cable co's put SCTE65 info on the IB stream via ISO 13818-6 spec because DTA's are single tuners. It may be worth while to look into the IB again since its so easy to log.
This is True but it can be made specific, If Not, then the Hole Capture of the Box Activation Hit Would be BS, And we know its Not BS. ;)
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."