Another DCT3416 Phase 1

DCT64XX,DCT34XX
Killswitch

Another DCT3416 Phase 1

Post by Killswitch »

Wow-w-w ! I've never (ever) seen Security like this in my entire life. Picked up a second DCT3416 and, at first, was optimistic. Went into its Diags Menu and found it to be E 00 - CONNECTED DES . Went to the InBand and found it to be ACQUIRED AND LOCKED . Excellent! Should be on my way to fame and fortune. Seconds later, it locks the Terminal and is requesting a PIN. Remarkable ! Next comes the sequence to do an Updated Firmware download with the dl and a moving square pattern. Been there, done that! Quickly unplug the Bitch because she has an STD (sexually transmitted disease) . And, when I plug back in, it will say EB 09, which means that its download sequence wants to continue until it comes back EP 01 - DISCONNECTED. Provided I can get past the PIN in the DCT6412 dll . Didn't look - it's probably there. Goddamn if I MUST get this dripping wet Bitch into Debug Mode. Gotta be one of the damndest things that I've seen in my entire life. Oh, my God ! this Bitch is Connected, Acquired and Locked and it Locked the Terminal on me. Sounds a lot like Prostitution. Never been to THAT plateau . Goodday.
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Well, testing to continue ......... Learning gangs about DVR boxes. Rationalized that since the 3416 was Connected, Acquired and locked, it would survive a Firmware Update. However, one of our Senior Members told me specifically never to run a FW Update past a Connected 3416. Nevertheless, when you see EB 09, that's an indication that you MUST let it Update FW and Apps. So, I did and it survived being stretched and came back with LOCALS only. Came back like it needed a Key Change, and I would've presumed that it would've Updated the Keys while updating everything else. Its InBand Tuner is now ACQUIRED rather than ACQUIRED and LOCKED. Boing-g-g ! This Security is diabolical. Its DVR will playback old recordings but not record new ones. How to get the Basics and extras back ? Another NVRAM ? got my doubts on that one. Should've never put it thru the Mixer. Came back ganked. Ganked is my middle name.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

MoonGoon wrote:Well, testing to continue ......... Learning gangs about DVR boxes. Rationalized that since the 3416 was Connected, Acquired and locked, it would survive a Firmware Update. However, one of our Senior Members told me specifically never to run a FW Update past a Connected 3416. Nevertheless, when you see EB 09, that's an indication that you MUST let it Update FW and Apps. So, I did and it survived being stretched and came back with LOCALS only. Came back like it needed a Key Change, and I would've presumed that it would've Updated the Keys while updating everything else. Its InBand Tuner is now ACQUIRED rather than ACQUIRED and LOCKED. Boing-g-g ! This Security is diabolical. Its DVR will playback old recordings but not record new ones. How to get the Basics and extras back ? Another NVRAM ? got my doubts on that one. Should've never put it thru the Mixer. Came back ganked. Ganked is my middle name.
first in order to take new keys it must be subb'd....2nd if you want to get the guide and recording functions working there is only 1 way. and it's more then likely NOT the way that you are going about testing it...there are only 3 or 4 people I know that actually know how to test these boxes PROPERLY. but the info needed to test properly will NOT be foundin any of th forums here..
live your life like a beer commericial
cherrymachine

update

Post by cherrymachine »

Its all a timing thing...Lol
MrRogers

Post by MrRogers »

justsomeguy wrote:first in order to take new keys it must be subb'd....2nd if you want to get the guide and recording functions working there is only 1 way. and it's more then likely NOT the way that you are going about testing it...there are only 3 or 4 people I know that actually know how to test these boxes PROPERLY. but the info needed to test properly will NOT be foundin any of th forums here..
I am glad I see you are still active here haha. You know I reformed the clubhouse right so we have a permanent place?

And I am going out on a limb here to say that I may be one of the 4 ppl that can properly test these bad boys :)

Quite simple too to say the least. Too bad my ISP is not really too giving when it comes to giving out the older boxes anymore.. At least around these parts.
I JTAGGED your mom.
I was told that there is no such thing as a free lunch, I then learned through personal experience that the best things in life ARE FREE - Me

WE ARE ANONYMOUS, EXPECT US.

All posts/topics that I post in are completely hypothetical in real life and should not be taken seriously.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

MrRogers wrote:I am glad I see you are still active here haha. You know I reformed the clubhouse right so we have a permanent place?

And I am going out on a limb here to say that I may be one of the 4 ppl that can properly test these bad boys :)

Quite simple too to say the least. Too bad my ISP is not really too giving when it comes to giving out the older boxes anymore.. At least around these parts.
lol...ya i'm still here, not to much time lately though to make many posts or help to many people. I have a family member who is pretty sick and I've been living in and out of the hospital..between that and trying to get my summer renovations on the yard done I've been pretty tied up. but I will get over to the other place shortly..hope all is going well
live your life like a beer commericial
MrRogers

Post by MrRogers »

justsomeguy wrote:lol...ya i'm still here, not to much time lately though to make many posts or help to many people. I have a family member who is pretty sick and I've been living in and out of the hospital..between that and trying to get my summer renovations on the yard done I've been pretty tied up. but I will get over to the other place shortly..hope all is going well
I'd say things are going alright, we got the house in case you haven't been tuning in to that, and the whole family member dying bit I know what that's like first hand. I was diagnosed with having antiphospholipid antibody, Factor VI Leiden, and Loopus Anticoagulant, blood clotting disorders that are genetic so I have no control over it - and I am (for the sake of this conversation 27 years old) So having a clot at my age seemed odd to the medical staff so they ran genetic tests. So with that being said, I have to be on blood thinners the rest of my life everyday to thin my blood out. Needless to say that even a miniscule papercut and I could spontaneously bleed to death, so I have to stay away from hardcore types of work, which is why I am disabled. (Was deemed disabled before this diagnoses due to my Asperger's Disorder, Social Phobia, and my psychiatrist thinks I have OCD, which I do not. So I am on 1 x 1MG Xanax 4 times daily, and prescribed anitdepressant meds which I do not take.

When I first noticed my left leg was very tender and swollen and hurt alot to walk, I would say it is the worst pain I've ever felt in my life. So a month passed by and I sat in my living room with my leg elevated and it just kept getting worse and it got bigger and bigger as the days went on, by the time my gf told me something was very wrong and I had to go to the hospital my calf was bigger than my thigh. With that being said they did an MRI or CT scan of my body and found a very large DVT (Deep Vein Thrombosis), upon finding that I was put on Heparin and Coumadin, after a few hours they decided to run some scans on my lungs and found that both of my lungs were riddled with PE's (Pulmonary Embolism's), at least 3 on each side I believe. The doctor said I was lucky to be alive and that he had never seen anyone with so many blood cots at one time and at my age. I was very lucky indeed to be alive, but my quality of life really sucks now because of it. Since I let the initial symptoms of the blood clot go for so long, I now have Long term chronic pain (in my lower back and left leg as well as chest when going up stairs or walking a reasonable distance), acute pain, along with severe neuropathic pain, so I have to be on hardcore pain medication around the clock. - Luckily I have a handicap placard so that does help when I leave the house to get my prescriptions.

- 1 x 20MG OxyContin every 12 hours for pain. 40MG total OxyContin Daily.
- 1 X 30MG Oxycodone every 4-6 hours as needed for breakthrough pain. Avg 120-180MG Oxycodone daily.
- 6MG Daily of Warfarin Sodium to thin my blood, INR between 2.5-3.5, with still existing blood clots after 3 years since diagnoses.

- They tried Pregabalin, and Gabapentin alongside the opioids for the neuropathic pain but it did nothing except cause unwanted side effects such as nausea, dizziness, tiredness all the time, and feeling drunk all the time. I take my pain medication for the sole purpose to relieve pain and not for recreational use. I started out on Morphine Sulfate but that barely did ANYTHING to numb the pain, they increased my dosage to 60MG 3 x daily and that did nothing except cause me constipation haha... And so my doc asked me what works and I said the IV Morphine that I was given in the hospital worked wonders - come to find out that taking MS Contin orally has a low bio-availability (like 30%) and IV is much different that orally.

These are considered hardcore pain meds (as described in online forums), and it barely makes a difference most of the time. I have thought about asking my pain management doc about putting me on fentanyl patches but I would probably have to grow a much higher tolerance before asking to switch regimens. Right now my pain is pretty consistent at around a 6-8 roughly, depending on how much I move around or what I am doing.

Any other chronic pain sufferers out there? Shoot me a PM.
I JTAGGED your mom.
I was told that there is no such thing as a free lunch, I then learned through personal experience that the best things in life ARE FREE - Me

All posts/topics that I post in are completely hypothetical in real life and should not be taken seriously.
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Uhhhh ...... I must've missed something here. Back to the 3416. Came to the conclusion that I hit Bullseye and still got layed away. Around one minute after I layed a live feed into this Bitch, it wanted to do a FW Update and it already had 16.90 on it. But, when it locked the Terminal, that's f*cking strange. If that's SOP I'm ready to eat my Yankees Ballcap. Unplug this girl about ten seconds into the Update because I've been there and done that. It comes back with less than it previously had. However, when it goes EB 09 I see no way around that one,even if you can get it into Debug Mode. When it gets put onto another node, it goes thru the motions and , it leaves ya shortened up like a size Small. I don't think there's a way out. And, when Senior Members say that this ain't nuthin' but a thang, that's a Chuckley-Poo. That's why there's nuthin' in the 6412 dll. No way to win. What did I just say? No way to win.
MrRogers

Post by MrRogers »

MoonGoon wrote:Uhhhh ...... I must've missed something here. Back to the 3416. Came to the conclusion that I hit Bullseye and still got layed away. Around one minute after I layed a live feed into this Bitch, it wanted to do a FW Update and it already had 16.90 on it. But, when it locked the Terminal, that's f*cking strange. If that's SOP I'm ready to eat my Yankees Ballcap. Unplug this girl about ten seconds into the Update because I've been there and done that. It comes back with less than it previously had. However, when it goes EB 09 I see no way around that one,even if you can get it into Debug Mode. When it gets put onto another node, it goes thru the motions and , it leaves ya shortened up like a size Small. I don't think there's a way out. And, when Senior Members say that this ain't nuthin' but a thang, that's a Chuckley-Poo. That's why there's nuthin' in the 6412 dll. No way to win. What did I just say? No way to win.

There is a way to win but as justsomeguy said, only 4 members here know how to test with this box the correct way and as you put it, make this bitch kneel on her knees and follow your every instruction free of charge until you are so worked up to the point that you explode in to ecstacy.

In other words, you need to know how to tap dat azz. You don't got the touch man, sorry to say ;)
I JTAGGED your mom.

Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Hey, Roger - here's the way the wind blows. I wouldn't give ya the time of day from a broken Timex and I want ya to do the same. Did ya sense that I was gonna quiz ya for tips/tricks ? PLEASE, dude ! I've been into the Archives and read about your exploits with a 6412 where you had tremendous success Testing one of them. You were still writing in blocks because of the Watchdog. Where you got EXACTLY the same as me Channels 2-22 by putting a Test box into the Blender. Did ya learn something new in the last two (2) years ? If so, don't care to hear it ! If need be, I'll go to a REAL thinktank that won't give me any attitude and his name is CherryMachine. He was the first on this Proving Ground and probably wrote the book on the subject. And, then, I'll turn to your boy Capone. I'm now on good terms with the Man and I'll point in his di-rection. So, dude - you're not really thought of where I come from. And, that's the way the wind blows.
MrRogers

Post by MrRogers »

MoonGoon wrote:Hey, Roger - here's the way the wind blows. I wouldn't give ya the time of day from a broken Timex and I want ya to do the same. Did ya sense that I was gonna quiz ya for tips/tricks ? PLEASE, dude ! I've been into the Archives and read about your exploits with a 6412 where you had tremendous success Testing one of them. You were still writing in blocks because of the Watchdog. Where you got EXACTLY the same as me Channels 2-22 by putting a Test box into the Blender. Did ya learn something new in the last two (2) years ? If so, don't care to hear it ! If need be, I'll go to a REAL thinktank that won't give me any attitude and his name is CherryMachine. He was the first on this Proving Ground and probably wrote the book on the subject. And, then, I'll turn to your boy Capone. I'm now on good terms with the Man and I'll point in his di-rection. So, dude - you're not really thought of where I come from. And, that's the way the wind blows.
Ouch, no need to hold such a grudge man. I am not here to waste your time or anyone elses... I can certainly help point you in the right direction though if you need assistance - since back in the day writing to that box is pointless and I learned that the hard way. We are all on the same side (I hope). So please don't undermine me when I make various comments as they are not meant to belittle anyone on their level of testing abilities. CAPONE is a cool dude and he won't hesitate to put me or anyone else down but you will turn to him for help even if he does put you down? Sounds like you are willing to take a put down from him but not from me, whatever your reasons are you wo9uld be contradicting yourself in that statement if your worry is about attitude because CAPONE will be the first to give you the put down and attitude with a cherry on top. And with all due respect you are not thought of either where I am from but you know something, if you take notice we are working towards the same fundamental goals. So that's the way the wind is blowing over here. So I really don't take it personally when you make statements like that. But if someone asks for help I won't deny them that since we are here to offer up help to people that truly want it, not the freeloaders - which is why I believe that most of the senior staff here have developed a dry sense of humor when it comes to assisting people, because the freeloaders outnumber the real testers.'

As for my previous comment I was joking around with you buddy, so take it as it is :)

No matter what you are trying to accomplish with this box it will need to be subbed first to get the correct keys for the channels, since nobody has any way of extracting these keys and writing them to a non-subbed box this is how it has to be done for right now. As far as the next part to testing on this particular box you will have to use a tool that is not discussed here or pretty much anywhere for that matter, it is a set top box tool that is available online but not mentioned on these forums for good reason. It basically has thousands of functions for this box but only one of them is useful for what we are trying to accomplish. If CherryMachine pioneered this ground then he should know exactly what tool I am speaking of. Beyond that I cannot say anything else as much as I would love to help you I can't, but in a way I did hint to you what you need to do - moreso than anyone else has. justsomeguy hinted to you along the same lines but you did not catch on to it.

Bottom line and the best piece of advice that ANYONE will give you for this box is to scrap the jtag idea and try a different method, explore the ass end of the box since there are numerous things to mess with back there. What you lack is the hardware to do it, besides that your heart is in the right place, you seem pretty determined to get this box to be your bitch and making it just that is no walk in the park unless you have what it takes to do it ;) Either way you do it, it has to be be subbed first before you start tinkering.
I JTAGGED your mom.

merkin

Post by merkin »

http://usbjtag.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php ... diagnostic

http://set-top-solutions.com/ (but it can be easier and cheaper to build your own gear)
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Yes, and thanx but somebody has already beat you to the punch. I've built Test Cubes in the past but will happily advance the $25. required. A fair price.
MrRogers

Post by MrRogers »

Awesome... good thing you guys are really thinking about keeping info private so the scene lasts a bit longer, but yeah as long as you post in the open forums I am sure nobody will notice.

Good thinking not using the PRIVATE MESSAGE system.. They might be watching your PRIVATE conversations. You forgot to mention to him all the options and which one is relevant and how to use it and what program to use and how to set it up, make sure you do that in the open forums too so that the rest of the world can see.

Best bet would be to ask usbbdm to delete your post and PM him what he needs to know.

SMFH..
I JTAGGED your mom.

Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Gentlemen : not to worry. I'm as discrete as the day is long. I'll keep it low profile. Have a good nite.