DCT 3416 Phase 1

DCT64XX,DCT34XX
Killswitch

DCT 3416 Phase 1

Post by Killswitch »

Good evening to the Authority and fellow Testers. Next toy in place is a DCT 3416 w/ 160 Gb Seagate HD for DVR and HDMI capability. Got it for Value Meal money ($5.) at the local Flea Market. How to get the 14 pin Header into place professionally will require all the skill I've got. Does anybody know how to get past the WatchDog ? The Dog is in the Software and will only let ya do small blocks of data when reading/writing . The chances of Corrupt data rise accordingly - bah ! Since I can't fake the UID, I suppose it's time to adjust the Epcos Filter and do the famous Hardware Mod. Things are getting real quiet, and I can hear a pin drop. I know of NO f*ing way to preserve the Guide and a few other loose ends this way. The ONLY way I can imagine it being done is with a 104.2 Mhz OOB Filter between the Coax and Box. It's totally quiet now ! Will have to rely on the DCT6412 dll to put me where I need to be. The 6400 series and the 3400 series share the same Board. So, iy's out of the Kiddie end of the Pool and into deeper water. Hey, my eardrums are gonna pop in the deep end of the Pool. I already know that. This is what Testing does. Your ears pop. Goodday for now.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

MoonGoon wrote:Good evening to the Authority and fellow Testers. Next toy in place is a DCT 3416 w/ 160 Gb Seagate HD for DVR and HDMI capability. Got it for Value Meal money ($5.) at the local Flea Market. How to get the 14 pin Header into place professionally will require all the skill I've got. Does anybody know how to get past the WatchDog ? The Dog is in the Software and will only let ya do small blocks of data when reading/writing . The chances of Corrupt data rise accordingly - bah ! Since I can't fake the UID, I suppose it's time to adjust the Epcos Filter and do the famous Hardware Mod. Things are getting real quiet, and I can hear a pin drop. I know of NO f*ing way to preserve the Guide and a few other loose ends this way. The ONLY way I can imagine it being done is with a 104.2 Mhz OOB Filter between the Coax and Box. It's totally quiet now ! Will have to rely on the DCT6412 dll to put me where I need to be. The 6400 series and the 3400 series share the same Board. So, iy's out of the Kiddie end of the Pool and into deeper water. Hey, my eardrums are gonna pop in the deep end of the Pool. I already know that. This is what Testing does. Your ears pop. Goodday for now.
If not mistaken you issues the "Program" Command to stop the Watchdog.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

MoonGoon wrote:Good evening to the Authority and fellow Testers. Next toy in place is a DCT 3416 w/ 160 Gb Seagate HD for DVR and HDMI capability. Got it for Value Meal money ($5.) at the local Flea Market. How to get the 14 pin Header into place professionally will require all the skill I've got. Does anybody know how to get past the WatchDog ? The Dog is in the Software and will only let ya do small blocks of data when reading/writing . The chances of Corrupt data rise accordingly - bah ! Since I can't fake the UID, I suppose it's time to adjust the Epcos Filter and do the famous Hardware Mod. Things are getting real quiet, and I can hear a pin drop. I know of NO f*ing way to preserve the Guide and a few other loose ends this way. The ONLY way I can imagine it being done is with a 104.2 Mhz OOB Filter between the Coax and Box. It's totally quiet now ! Will have to rely on the DCT6412 dll to put me where I need to be. The 6400 series and the 3400 series share the same Board. So, iy's out of the Kiddie end of the Pool and into deeper water. Hey, my eardrums are gonna pop in the deep end of the Pool. I already know that. This is what Testing does. Your ears pop. Goodday for now.
there are ways~~:shock:
live your life like a beer commericial
MrRogers

Post by MrRogers »

justsomeguy wrote:there are ways~~:shock:
Yes sir, there are definitely ways :)

There is ALWAYS a way!

TO Moon, have you thought about outside the box, so to speak?
I JTAGGED your mom.
I was told that there is no such thing as a free lunch, I then learned through personal experience that the best things in life ARE FREE - Me

WE ARE ANONYMOUS, EXPECT US.

All posts/topics that I post in are completely hypothetical in real life and should not be taken seriously.
Killswitch

Filtration

Post by Killswitch »

When I mastered the Jerrold Analog Cable Box, Philly was working on 106.5 Mhz. To prevent Return, I combined two (2) 54 Mhz FM Traps to make an effective 108 Mhz filter. Unfortunately, a 108 Mhz Filter will NOT stop a 104.2 Mhz signal from screaming down the Coax. And, I know of NO way to trim it since it's so close. Jesus, guys - a new toy, a new Boy. When this thing gets hit, it's back to my old friend NOT AUTHORIZED. Fortunately, that kind of NA can be eliminated by a fresh NVRAM . It's actually become a Chess game. If I don't plan this out, I get ganked.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

MoonGoon wrote:When I mastered the Jerrold Analog Cable Box, Philly was working on 106.5 Mhz. To prevent Return, I combined two (2) 54 Mhz FM Traps to make an effective 108 Mhz filter. Unfortunately, a 108 Mhz Filter will NOT stop a 104.2 Mhz signal from screaming down the Coax. And, I know of NO way to trim it since it's so close. Jesus, guys - a new toy, a new Boy. When this thing gets hit, it's back to my old friend NOT AUTHORIZED. Fortunately, that kind of NA can be eliminated by a fresh NVRAM . It's actually become a Chess game. If I don't plan this out, I get ganked.
Oh Really!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMFAO Good luck with that.

A fresh NVRAM CAN'T Change the Box Status from E01 to E00 !!!!!!!!
If the Box has an E00 Code then the NVRAM will get you back the channels the box was previously subscribed to. If the Box has an E01 Code then a New, Old, Magical or any Other NVRAM Will do you no GOOD.........

From your PM
" It's EP 01 - obviously DISCONNECTED DES ."

E01 or in this Box EP01 does NOT mean box is Simply Disconnected, It means the Box has been De-Authorized and as I mentioned above, Flashing a New NVRAM won't fix that. BUT Hell, Don't take my word for it. Try it yourself..... ;)
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Dear Sir: why, then, do all of my channels say ONE MOMENT PLEASE rather than the cutting edge NOT AUTHORIZED ? When I used to get E01 on Analog and hit the box with my Test Cube, it zeroed the boy right up. When I see the words DISCONNECTED I don't sweat the details. DEAUTHORIZED opens my pores and I begin to perspire. I'm still dry.
MrRogers

Post by MrRogers »

MoonGoon wrote:Dear Sir: why, then, do all of my channels say ONE MOMENT PLEASE rather than the cutting edge NOT AUTHORIZED ? When I used to get E01 on Analog and hit the box with my Test Cube, it zeroed the boy right up. When I see the words DISCONNECTED I don't sweat the details. DEAUTHORIZED opens my pores and I begin to perspire. I'm still dry.
Whatever the case may be, you will be seeing One Moment Please for a long while. Even with a fresh NVRAM you still won't get them back. If you do then you awesome, but your odds are not good the way you are explaining your scenario.
I JTAGGED your mom.
I was told that there is no such thing as a free lunch, I then learned through personal experience that the best things in life ARE FREE - Me

WE ARE ANONYMOUS, EXPECT US.

All posts/topics that I post in are completely hypothetical in real life and should not be taken seriously.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

MoonGoon wrote:Dear Sir: why, then, do all of my channels say ONE MOMENT PLEASE rather than the cutting edge NOT AUTHORIZED ? When I used to get E01 on Analog and hit the box with my Test Cube, it zeroed the boy right up. When I see the words DISCONNECTED I don't sweat the details. DEAUTHORIZED opens my pores and I begin to perspire. I'm still dry.
AH, A VERY, VERY VERY GOOD QUESTION And I have the answer to that. Of course you could have also found out on your OWN if you had done your homework "research"

When the CACO puts these HD Boxes in E01 or EP01 in this case They effectively CUT OFF the In-band Signal. You can view this in the Occult menu.

You will notice your OOB Has PERFECT SIGNAL But your IN-BAND signal is 0.

So even though you have the Cable Line connected to the box, The box does not see the inbound signal and if it CAN'T see the in-band signal, it will always display "One Moment Please"... In fact if you care to test this out, take a box that has a channel that shows you "Not Authorized", Unplug the box and remove the Cable Line and re Plug it and you will Notice that now All the channels INCLUDING the ones that are "Not Authorized" will Now Display "One Moment Please"........ ;)

"I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious."
Albert Einstein
Killswitch

Security

Post by Killswitch »

Yes, Sir - you are correct, Sir. Absolutely no InBand to speak of. Even funnier is the fact that this 3416 is SO outcast and off the Mainframe that, because it didn't originate from recent Inventory catalogued into the MainFrame, it cannot be Hit with a Refresh signal. Everybody at Comcast has me pegged as Gay. This box is as Terrorist as it gets. I'd be willing to bet that you've got an answer to Zero it on your own. Wow! No InBand brings that message and the message fits. God Bless - you know your shit.
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Interesting. After it unsuccessfully tries to download current Apps, it spits out
AU (tries to authenticate but can't) followed by EF (erases the Flash like we do here) followed by FP (Flash programmed) and - - - - (four Dashes signifies that its task is done) . I wanna see it say SEND/RFSH - sends a Refresh Signal. HeadEnd says that they're unable to do it. Bunch of Scalawags ! An even bigger challenge than the NOT AUTHORIZED issue. One challenge after another! Testing is WAY COOL !
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

is this box even local? do you know where it came from? maybe it's from a differenct company that what is around you
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Its Network Address is the one for Center City Phila. Comcast is sending an Install Tech around tomorrow to definitively find why the box doesn't pony up and accept a Refresh Hit. I've NEVER seen anything like it! I've always thought that if ya give those fine folks the Serial # and/or the UID that Sleeping Jesus would awaken and sparkle ! They Mark their stock and only their stock runs track. I'm in sheer awe of it! They entered the 3416 onto my Account, hit it with a Sledge and NOTHING ! I'm just shaking my head. Their Security is fine-tuned. Playing a Skin Flute. Goodday.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

MoonGoon wrote:Its Network Address is the one for Center City Phila. Comcast is sending an Install Tech around tomorrow to definitively find why the box doesn't pony up and accept a Refresh Hit. I've NEVER seen anything like it! I've always thought that if ya give those fine folks the Serial # and/or the UID that Sleeping Jesus would awaken and sparkle ! They Mark their stock and only their stock runs track. I'm in sheer awe of it! They entered the 3416 onto my Account, hit it with a Sledge and NOTHING ! I'm just shaking my head. Their Security is fine-tuned. Playing a Skin Flute. Goodday.
I've had a few boxes where I've screwed around so much with them that the local caco can't do antything to get them to accept a hit as well..I've also had boxes where the caco can see it but can't do anything to get into it either...but like I said that was after I f*cked with it ALOT!! I have some test boxes that are purley for learning...these were a couple of them...they eventually worked their way out the kitchen window and onto the street one late night~~this is not recommended testing~~
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Just to let ya know that I don't even have my JTAG yet! Ordered it yesterday. This box was used last year accd. to the DST entry/exit points were set in 2012. Here's exactly how I feel - when Comcast (their name's on the box) can't book a request to add another box onto my account and generate Revenue for their firm, I feel dirty like I need a shower. Tomorrow, when the Install Tech comes around, he's gonna try and charge me for a Truck Roll. A bare minimum $75. here in Philly. He's gonna say that the Box isn't theirs even though in Upper Left corner their name appears. I see Woe, Grief and Misery all around me, and I'll be on my own property ! These fools used to open the gate to my Yard without knocking and asking if it would be okay to come in because the Junction Block was in my yard. And, some said that they don't NEED to ask with their equipment on my property. This one's gonna be Weird with a capital W. Just because they can't turn their equipment on for me. I must be getting old.