Hard wire to usbdm

DCT64XX,DCT34XX
junctionbox

Hard wire to usbdm

Post by junctionbox »

Hi great one since this issue concerning the uid for all hd units is at hand and it seems its a little complex why not find a way to hard wire the units to stop them from shutting off or (de authorizing) yes soldering and jumping could be our solution usbdm we might in counter malfunctions as far as a missing guild or missing sound or picture but at least we could put this issue to rest. In the beginning soldering and jumping notwithstanding grounding was the way to test i think the bi-nery solution is not the coarse to this solution at times we have to resort back to the beginning of testing to solve our solutions.usbdm im requesting from you to take a look at maybe hard wiring hd units to solve the uid problem .this task should not be to complex we just need to know what areas to be pointed to so we may solder,ground and jump to.i remember about 30 years ago i was testing with a unit called (ontv)it offered one channel but was a great wooden box the main testing board was protected with harden pastic whereas you had to pry it open with either a flat head screw driver or a chisel but once we got inside we soldered either a resistor or just a wire to the board then we grounded it and there it was test picture and sound.if you could just point us in the right direction where to solder and where to ground we could take it from there.thank you usbdm.now for all negative responses!
junctionbox
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

junctionbox wrote:Hi great one since this issue concerning the uid for all hd units is at hand and it seems its a little complex why not find a way to hard wire the units to stop them from shutting off or (de authorizing) yes soldering and jumping could be our solution usbdm we might in counter malfunctions as far as a missing guild or missing sound or picture but at least we could put this issue to rest. In the beginning soldering and jumping notwithstanding grounding was the way to test i think the bi-nery solution is not the coarse to this solution at times we have to resort back to the beginning of testing to solve our solutions.usbdm im requesting from you to take a look at maybe hard wiring hd units to solve the uid problem .this task should not be to complex we just need to know what areas to be pointed to so we may solder,ground and jump to.i remember about 30 years ago i was testing with a unit called (ontv)it offered one channel but was a great wooden box the main testing board was protected with harden pastic whereas you had to pry it open with either a flat head screw driver or a chisel but once we got inside we soldered either a resistor or just a wire to the board then we grounded it and there it was test picture and sound.if you could just point us in the right direction where to solder and where to ground we could take it from there.thank you usbdm.now for all negative responses!
lol...are you talking about purley hardmodding the boxes and not using his tools? if so i highly doubt usbbdm will help you with that (publicly at least) as that has nothin to do with his tools and is NOT testing, just pure TOS.
but just to let you know these boxes are already at that point with hardmods only a very select few know how to do it though...BUT if you read and test you can figure it out yourself...there are a few different ways to do it;)
live your life like a beer commericial
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

I think this might be possible but there is not enough information for us to do so.
If we have the information then we should be able to use it by software not needed to do hardware mods. This might need to use logic analyzer to analyze the data flow.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

For the New Boxes with Models DCX,DCH and RNG, Or Boxes with the M-Card The Problem would be Accessing the Card Since the Card Is what makes the Box Work. With the DCT HD's the Work may be Much Easyer for USBBDM IMHO. However they can as I mentioned Be Protected without changing the UID or the Need for USBJTAG NT or USBBDM NT. So the Only Good Use for changing the UID and UPM would be to get the VOD's working So thats not a Big issuse since we can get that to work in the Non HD Boxes.
junctionbox

guess he answered your question

Post by junctionbox »

justsomeguy wrote:lol...are you talking about purley hardmodding the boxes and not using his tools? if so i highly doubt usbbdm will help you with that (publicly at least) as that has nothin to do with his tools and is NOT testing, just pure TOS.
but just to let you know these boxes are already at that point with hardmods only a very select few know how to do it though...BUT if you read and test you can figure it out yourself...there are a few different ways to do it;)
you put your foot in your mouth to soon kid
junctionbox
junctionbox

lol

Post by junctionbox »

justsomeguy wrote:lol...are you talking about purley hardmodding the boxes and not using his tools? If so i highly doubt usbbdm will help you with that (publicly at least) as that has nothin to do with his tools and is not testing, just pure tos.
But just to let you know these boxes are already at that point with hardmods only a very select few know how to do it though...but if you read and test you can figure it out yourself...there are a few different ways to do it;)
lol booooooooooy
junctionbox
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

junctionbox wrote:you put your foot in your mouth to soon kid
LIKE I SAID IN THE PM YOU SENT ME...I WAS JUST ASKING IF YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT HARD MODDING THE BOX OR NOT!! AND ALSO PLEASE REFRAIN FROM SENDING ME ANY MORE PM'S LIKE THE ONE YOU DID!!! you claim to be such a smart guy why dont you figure it out yourself instead of asking someone else to do it for you
junctionbox

No need to

Post by junctionbox »

justsomeguy wrote:like i said in the pm you sent me...i was just asking if you were talking about hard modding the box or not!! And also please refrain from sending me any more pm's like the one you did!!! You claim to be such a smart guy why dont you figure it out yourself instead of asking someone else to do it for you
im pretty sure usbdm will get on this concerning the hd boxes even though some of you guys are hard wiring the units and not sharing your findings with others he knows whats going on thats why he said its possible bud
junctionbox
junctionbox

Friend

Post by junctionbox »

crazymenike wrote:all boxes can be hardmodded to prevent the communication with oob... Thats all you really need.

And from my understanding of the matter, based on experience, a cable card will make no difference because the box is what handles a lot of the footwork in regards to the deauth\sub signals sent to the box. The cable card will work as the xc chip as the added security for the box, but still relies on the hardware to receive, decrypt, sort, and send the multiple data streams coming in thru the coax.

Technically, any hardware connected to a cablecard is hackable (tivo, cablecard pc tuners, etc) this day and age, one doesnt need a cablebox for hacking when you have a suitable cable card ;)

uid hacking would most definately be ideal for newer boxes, but not neccessary. Write protecting an xc chip on the other hand, now that is jackpot.
hey friend my cc doesnt use a cable card their using a dct2200 and dct 2500
junctionbox
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

junctionbox wrote:im pretty sure usbdm will get on this concerning the hd boxes even though some of you guys are hard wiring the units and not sharing your findings with others he knows whats going on thats why he said its possible bud
and when have YOU ever shared ANYTHING? o wait..you just ask for others to do everything for you..sorry i forgot that's how you roll:rolleyes:
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

crazymenike wrote:ALL boxes can be hardmodded to prevent the communication with OOB... thats all you really need.

And from my understanding of the matter, based on experience, a cable card will make no difference because the box is what handles a lot of the footwork in regards to the deauth\sub signals sent to the box. The cable card will work as the XC chip as the added security for the box, but still RELIES on the hardware to receive, decrypt, sort, and send the multiple data streams coming in thru the coax.

Technically, ANY hardware connected to a cablecard is hackable (Tivo, cablecard PC tuners, etc) This day and age, one doesnt NEED a cablebox for hacking when you have a suitable cable card ;)

UID hacking would most definately be ideal for newer boxes, but not neccessary. Write protecting an XC chip on the other hand, now that is jackpot.
WOW That sure shows How much you Know. Here do a test and see what the card does. If you turn on the box with out the card and give it some time, a min or so it will let you in the Ocult menu. There with the cable connected you will see carrier lock Yes and No Data Or EMM DATA. YES Guess WHAT, The cable card Handles the 2 Most Important Signals to make the Box Work and it has the XC Chip as well. The Falsh On the Box Is Nothing more than a Secundary Recovery BackUp. You should do some reading. ;)
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

junctionbox wrote:hey friend my cc doesnt use a cable card their using a dct2200 and dct 2500
Those are Standard Def Boxes. USBBDM took care of that Long ago. So What Exactly are you asking USBBDM to Work on?
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Thread closed.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

crazymenike wrote:Thats well known common knowledge for anyone thats done the research....BUT again, I have a feeling you're missing the point now...

The point is, it doesnt matter if there is a cable card or not, it can still be hacked. Read up on the patents on cable cards, how they work, and the regulations involved to all hardware manufactures of cablecard enabled hardware (not just cableboxes)... They still require the hardware to separate the datastreams that are later sent to the cablecard making them hackable in the sense that the OP is referring.

Go buy a cable card enabled TIVO box....then call comcast, and ask them for a cable card....provision it to the TIVO box, and then mod the TIVO box.... See what happens.

Better yet, take that DCX/RNG/DCT or whatever box, and perform a hardware mod.... you will still get the same results REGARDLESS of a cablecard enabled box or not. Of course these results are TOS, but its the point of the matter. The point being the first sentence of my original post in this thread.
Yes of Course. I agree with you there. Any Newbie ( Just a General expresion ) Can do a Hardware mod. Hell I bet all the F ING Techs that work for the CACO Know How to do that. And yes it will apply to all Boxes Not just HD's. Now I know your all Proud of the whatever its called media center thing. But Puting all that work Aside ( To much work for my Lazy A$$ ) LOL

How many Actually Know How to MOD without Lossing the Guide and Or DVR Functions? Yes I agree the Switch Mod that you and Mr.Rogers Figured Out and Thought was NEW, Does Work But had its Drawbacks, You Must admit.
One of them being a Power outage for Instance. Im my case I dont have that Problem. Now do you see My POINT?
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

crazymenike wrote:Also, youre going to receive those results (EMM, Data streams by removing card) because the box is programmed to have a card connected.... it's what its programmed to do.

I've already proved these results, I challenge you to prove me wrong ;)
You Clearly did not Understand. It point Less. Enjoy your Switch MOD and Media Center. LOL