DCT6412 without hdd possible?

DCT64XX,DCT34XX
NEC

DCT6412 without hdd possible?

Post by NEC »

I've got a chance to pick up a couple of these with the hdds removed. I don't need dvr as I plan to use them with a pc setup. Has anyone successfully used one of these boxes without the hard drive in it?
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

NEC wrote:I've got a chance to pick up a couple of these with the hdds removed. I don't need dvr as I plan to use them with a pc setup. Has anyone successfully used one of these boxes without the hard drive in it?
YES They work with NO PROBLEM.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
NEC

awesome!!

Post by NEC »

that's what I wanted to hear. Soon I'll have a USBJTAGNT and a I'm sure a lot more questions about getting setup. thanks for the quick reply Tundra.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

NEC wrote:that's what I wanted to hear. Soon I'll have a USBJTAGNT and a I'm sure a lot more questions about getting setup. thanks for the quick reply Tundra.
this is EXACTLY what i like to see and hear......someone that DOES NOT have the jtags yet looking into what they have to do and actually READING and asking questions BEFORE they start screwing around and F#CK things up:D

like i've said so many times...EVERYONE should read for at least 6 months before they even open up a box~:cool:
live your life like a beer commericial
NEC

Post by NEC »

justsomeguy wrote:this is EXACTLY what i like to see and hear......someone that DOES NOT have the jtags yet looking into what they have to do and actually READING and asking questions BEFORE they start screwing around and F#CK things up:D

like i've said so many times...EVERYONE should read for at least 6 months before they even open up a box~:cool:
I'm sure I'll still F#CK things up, and learn from my mistakes... That's part of testing anyway. Thanks for all the support guys. Can't wait to get my HTPC setup on Monday. HD boxes coming tomorrow.. JTAGNT near future...
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

NEC wrote:I'm sure I'll still F#CK things up, and learn from my mistakes... That's part of testing anyway. Thanks for all the support guys. Can't wait to get my HTPC setup on Monday. HD boxes coming tomorrow.. JTAGNT near future...
100% Correct. You Learn Lots from Mistakes. Clearly No One Likes to make Mistakes And thats where Justsomeguys Advice Comes in Handy But don't be afraid of Screewing Up.

Whatever you do Just Remember the GOLDEN RULE

MAKE AND SAVE A GOOD BACKUP BEFORE DOING ANY PROGRAMMING.....;)
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

TUNDRA wrote:100% Correct. You Learn Lots from Mistakes. Clearly No One Likes to make Mistakes And thats where Justsomeguys Advice Comes in Handy But don't be afraid of Screewing Up.

Whatever you do Just Remember the GOLDEN RULE

MAKE AND SAVE A GOOD BACKUP BEFORE DOING ANY PROGRAMMING.....;)
o ya lots of mistakes still are made...nonone can say they've never screwed something up...but that's part of the fun as well:D

like tundra said make a backup...but don't just make 1...i reccomend unhooking the jtag and making 3 backup's everytime...just in case...fully unhook the jtag and power off box between backup's as well people....:D
live your life like a beer commericial