DCT 6412 Phase III TV Guide question

DCT64XX,DCT34XX
MrRogers

DCT 6412 Phase III TV Guide question

Post by MrRogers »

I am wondering, I know this has something to do with the ram etc.

Is it possible to get more than 5 hours of TV Guide at a time, so far my box only shows up to 5 hours, then it says to be announced for the rest of the time after. Maybe I just need to give it more time to store more of the data, in any case I know it is possible to get 2 weeks worth of tv guide but I am sure that takes time (probably in the vicinity of 24 hours).

If I upgrade the ram would that potentially give me a faster and more detailed guide? I am wondering what you guy's thoughts are on this.
I JTAGGED your mom.
I was told that there is no such thing as a free lunch, I then learned through personal experience that the best things in life ARE FREE - Me

WE ARE ANONYMOUS, EXPECT US.

All posts/topics that I post in are completely hypothetical in real life and should not be taken seriously.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

i think it all has to do with time
live your life like a beer commericial
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Maybe also related the memory usage and thus only max 5 hours are stored.
MrRogers

Post by MrRogers »

Good news, the lineup is slowly updating, like real slow maybe due to my FAIR SNR of 18.6%, I checked one of my DCT700 and it has a few days on the lineup but it updates as fast as the DCT6412 as far as guide, it will take a while, one of my other DCT700's that has been hooked up for a week has a weeks worth of data. BTW crazymenike, I left it "unmod" from like 2pm until 6:30pm, no hits. Just got about 7 hours worth but enough to get me through the night and tomorrow again at the same time :D
I JTAGGED your mom.
I was told that there is no such thing as a free lunch, I then learned through personal experience that the best things in life ARE FREE - Me

All posts/topics that I post in are completely hypothetical in real life and should not be taken seriously.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

crazymenike wrote:give it more time, them boxes have enough ram to store at least a week's worth of data.

DCT700's on the other hand you would be lucky to get more than 48 hours
You Have PM
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

crazymenike wrote:Theres no possible way your 700 has weeks worth of guide data.

I hope you aint using the box i think your using to do this testing....youre playing with fire, use the 700's like i told you.
all i gotta say is.....LMAO;)
MrRogers

Post by MrRogers »

crazymenike wrote:Theres no possible way your 700 has weeks worth of guide data.

I hope you aint using the box i think your using to do this testing....youre playing with fire, use the 700's like i told you.
I did play a little I guess, but no burns :p No worries I will keep that one off tonight since I have enough guide data to last me to morning early am at least.

I need to get an extra box off A****s then I can test, the 13 I get tomorrow all go back to Comrap along with the 6412 :).
I JTAGGED your mom.

tills069

quick question

Post by tills069 »

Already have digital cable with 2 Motorola HD DVR's. Can I buy one from a third party (such as ebay) and rent cable card from the cable company? Preferably the DCT6412III. I appreciate the time, and will keep all of you updated on my adventure..
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

tills069 wrote:Already have digital cable with 2 Motorola HD DVR's. Can I buy one from a third party (such as ebay) and rent cable card from the cable company? Preferably the DCT6412III. I appreciate the time, and will keep all of you updated on my adventure..
call your caco and find out

thread closed as this topic is dead