SBG901 diff model

All WiFi Modems
delorean

SBG901 diff model

Post by delorean »

Hi all,
Sorry for opening a new thread about sbg901 but the others are closed and my SBG901 is different. It does not have a jtag port.

here is a pic of the mb:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a7nlp5q2353ye ... .19.28.jpg

Any idea on how to hook this up?

Regards,
Delorean
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Looks like it has the SPI flash.
delorean

Post by delorean »

I think it does. Where can I point at to wire it?

Regards,
Delorean
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

delorean wrote:I think it does. Where can I point at to wire it?

Regards,
Delorean
the wiring will be the same as for the SB6120. I don't know how many times I have mentioned this before. AN SPI flash is an SPI Flash. Whether in an SB6120, UBEE or your SBG901, It uses the same wiring. You will have to provide power to the Flash directly if you don't know where the ISP Point is.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
MrRogers

Post by MrRogers »

I find it more challenging and rewarding to find the ISP point, that way you can either save it for future reference or share the ISP point (if it is not publicly known) with the rest of the members.

To each his own I guess. The ISP point on most cable modems is relatively easy to figure out if you give yourself a few minutes to search around the board for it. The 3.3v method does work but again, alot more self gratification to find the ISP point to simplify it for future reference :)
I JTAGGED your mom.
I was told that there is no such thing as a free lunch, I then learned through personal experience that the best things in life ARE FREE - Me

WE ARE ANONYMOUS, EXPECT US.

All posts/topics that I post in are completely hypothetical in real life and should not be taken seriously.
d0

Post by d0 »

Could you explain further how someone should go about finding the ISP point? Besides randomly testing different components and resistors which could lead to shorting the board, how else would someone find the ISP point easiest?
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

ak4d7 wrote:Could you explain further how someone should go about finding the ISP point? Besides randomly testing different components and resistors which could lead to shorting the board, how else would someone find the ISP point easiest?
There may be a better way, but Most of the ISP Point I know have been found by taking that Risk of Shorting the Board. If you have many of them then IMHO its worth a shot. If you don't want to Risk that, You can always supply external power to the SPI flash and read and program the flash without Risking the Modem.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."