sb4200 wont program firm1?

SB4XXX,SBV4XXX.
jackmode

sb4200 wont program firm1?

Post by jackmode »

i have a 4200 and it wont program firm1 but it will program every thing else i even try to program the whole flash it stops on firm1 so i reboot the the modem and the modem gets brick i even run the 4200 fix script and it does not work the modem used to work fine but after like two months the activety light stop working when its connected to the cable and it doesnt get an ip adress but if disconect the cable i can go to the modem config page 192.168.100.1 so im wondering whats the problem i try to program the factory flash same thing ive been doing these modems for a while this is the only modem i had this problem with the only difrence with this modem
is the flash chip it has a malaysia flash when i detect this is what i get
MBM29LV160T
tester5

Post by tester5 »

if you program and modem boots up visit the other sites to see why dosent go online...maibe your isp added more security.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

If SB4200 needs rescue and for non-Intel flash chip, if it stop in the middle, restart the modem and USb JTAG, program again, after program passed, use "cmpram" to make sure the program has completed.
jackmode

Post by jackmode »

its not my isp cause i have a ton of them with the same firmware still working fine but some how i got to program it again and it does the same thing it was doing before i flashed it when the modem boots up i cant get an ip adress and no activety light also for some reason the standby doesnt work i had modem that did that to me once i just reflashed it and it worked fine could this be a problem with the modem because i dont think its the flash?
tester5

Post by tester5 »

doo the full flash....configuration area must be valid...i dont know much about 4xxxx but since you program many of them then you should know by know whats up
jackmode

Post by jackmode »

ive been doing that ive even put on the factory firmware on it and it did the same thing after i program the whole flash i got to fihgt with it to reprogram again im staring to think its a hardware problem
cc17926

Post by cc17926 »

connect your serial adapter to the modem and simply stop the modem from booting any images leaving it sitting at the bootloader prompt.. try programming like that.
jackmode

Post by jackmode »

ill try that and c what happen