usbjtag nt trying to flash 5100

SB5XXX,SBV5XXX
phoneman786

usbjtagnt 0.43 trying to flash 5100

Post by phoneman786 »

im new to this,, i can read the chip and erase but not program the chip with file sometimes says file not right sometimes just does nothing??? can anyone help please
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

phoneman786 wrote:im new to this,, i can read the chip and erase but not program the chip with file sometimes says file not right sometimes just does nothing??? can anyone help please
Your firmware should not go to the boot. There is basic check to prevent brick the device. But a lot of time newbie program.
1. The firmware to the boot.
2. Program SB5101 firmware on SB5100 (This is the worst and need 3.3v method to debrick the device).

Watch videos you can find here or youtube before you start programming it.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

usbbdm wrote:Your firmware should not go to the boot. There is basic check to prevent brick the device. But a lot of time newbie program.
1. The firmware to the boot.
2. Program SB5101 firmware on SB5100 (This is the worst and need 3.3v method to debrick the device).

Watch videos you can find here or youtube before you start programming it.
I think if anything the 3.3v Method should be a last resort. I have managed to fix that Problem without having to resort to that and Nerver will. Very easy to kill the modem for good Using te 3.3v Method.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
RIP_Felipeferras

i suggets

Post by RIP_Felipeferras »

just to keep testing thats the only way u gonna find out the reason but if u get stuck with ur modem brick we will be glad to help
٩(●̮̮̃•)۶=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ᴼ•ₒ ○ ˚ͦ ◦•ᵒ ºᴼ•ₒ no andaba muerto andaba de parranda ₒ•ᴼ۝
moddog

Post by moddog »

phoneman786 wrote:im new to this,, i can read the chip and erase but not program the chip with file sometimes says file not right sometimes just does nothing??? can anyone help please
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsAImEkzMmE