strange

SB5XXX,SBV5XXX
poorman

strange

Post by poorman »

ok i got a strange question i got a 5100 that i did the tut. on how to flash 5100 MOD on to it and i did that, so when i pull up the mod screen and i try to change something on the screen it changes but after a little while the mod screen seems like it freezes and i cant make anymore changes to the mod screen and i have to reflash all over again to be able to make changes, but it does it again over and over before i can set it up to work. Does anyone know what could cause this ?
poorman

Post by poorman »

now when i check the flash on image 0 its there and on image 1 its there, but when it freezes up on me and i check the modem again the image 0 has gone back to a stock bin(2.3.1.3-scmoo-nosh.bin ) and image 1 still has the MOD software still there i wanted to know am i doin something wrong somewhere?
slugworth

oddball

Post by slugworth »

You may have an oddball flash chip that isn't supported by the firmware.
marthypaul

Post by marthypaul »

maybee put boot first and then rest, or try to load full 2MB image.

There is special files in the BC USB for debricking, boot and bin
Allwayes work for me, if everything else fail.

Its under flash folder in version 220 BC USB soft.
full 2MB flash for 5100 and 5101.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

poorman wrote:now when i check the flash on image 0 its there and on image 1 its there, but when it freezes up on me and i check the modem again the image 0 has gone back to a stock bin(2.3.1.3-scmoo-nosh.bin ) and image 1 still has the MOD software still there i wanted to know am i doin something wrong somewhere?
WOW Buddy thats normal , you program both once modem boots one gets erased. Thats no Problem and about the freezing when making changes , Thats also Normal with that firmware. Give it time or re cycle power and you will notice the changes took effect in most cases. If not try again. That firmware works great for me. I preffer that firmware over sigmaX.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
poorman

Post by poorman »

update !!! i got to work and take the flash i just retraced my steps on flashing but i used another 5100 boot i had and it seem to take now so thanks so now i need to know where to put the config on mod i see there are three choices but where for the isp to upload from ? i got a d11_wallgarden running now
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

poorman wrote:update !!! i got to work and take the flash i just retraced my steps on flashing but i used another 5100 boot i had and it seem to take now so thanks so now i need to know where to put the config on mod i see there are three choices but where for the isp to upload from ? i got a d11_wallgarden running now
Go to CH or SBH to find answers to that. You can either force or auto server with that firmware.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
slugworth

d11

Post by slugworth »

force that one

d11_m_na_c05.cm
marthypaul

Post by marthypaul »

slugworth wrote:force that one

d11_m_na_c05.cm
Is it a latest from tftp or older downloaded from forums ?

On my nod, it is slight difference between them, files names are identical, but they differ slightly.
It just happen, when they went to docsis 2/
Before that, there was no difference.