Ford eec-v DPC635 , having a play around

This talks about BDM used on card Engine computer
tomanycars

Ford eec-v DPC635 , having a play around

Post by tomanycars »

on some variants of the ford ee-v there is a mcu which has a external memory i do believe it is a f200 or possibly f400 , the mcu internally named within ford which makes it very difficult to find the pin outs and various things like that. this mcu is used regularly until it was phased to the st10 which is readily readable already.

now that all being said this , said mcu looks remarkably like the volvo brick style cem unit which is readily spoken about in another section of the forum , maybe add functionally to read the EXT flash and possibly the immo chip which is also EXT to the MCU ?
Last edited by tomanycars on Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
usbbdm

Re: Ford eec-iv DPC635 , having a play around

Post by usbbdm »

The CPU type determine how it can be accessed. A board picture might tell more info.
tomanycars

Re: Ford eec-iv DPC635 , having a play around

Post by tomanycars »

usbbdm wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:22 am The CPU type determine how it can be accessed. A board picture might tell more info.
ah crap i new i forgot somthing!

i'd like to add last year i did some intense study to find out about this type of microprocessor as i was abit bored. , anyway i figured it was just a run of the mill micro-proessor which some ext memory. attached , i am able to read the external memory using a moats flash and burn J3 reader. , i always did wonder if there was away instead of accessing the J3 maybe use somthing else. - well fast forward this year and i'm working through alot of volvo ecu's and cem units and low be hold there is a similar set up with a remarkably similar processor. so i figured i have a usbjtag programmer , that might actually be able to perform the task. so i thought look into it again. don't get me wrong this is only for fun these ecu's are spares from scrap cars.
usbbdm

Re: Ford eec-v DPC635 , having a play around

Post by usbbdm »

Looks like it could be a MC6833X CPU. Need to find out the BDM pins and try. If it is MC6833X target then it is quite easy to be able to read/write the flash.
tomanycars

Re: Ford eec-v DPC635 , having a play around

Post by tomanycars »

usbbdm wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:41 pm Looks like it could be a MC6833X CPU. Need to find out the BDM pins and try. If it is MC6833X target then it is quite easy to be able to read/write the flash.

There are pass through vias on the other side of the board which are in and around the microprocessor. , the working week has started again ughh 😑 Once I get abit of free time I'll try and map out the pinouts