mpc56x support?

This talks about BDM used on card Engine computer
k0mpresd

mpc56x support?

Post by k0mpresd »

would it be possible to add bdm support for the motorola mpc56x mcu's found in lots of bosch (and other type) ecus?
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

k0mpresd wrote:would it be possible to add bdm support for the motorola mpc56x mcu's found in lots of bosch (and other type) ecus?
The protocol is different than the current BDM. It is on the plan but I cannot give you the date of release. I have a dev board of MPC in hand and will soon look into the BDM support for this CPU.
Is there a percentage of ECU used of MPC vs. MC6833X? I think there is also othe Morotola CPU that used in ECU(68HC family).

The initial BDM design had some limitation but was optimized for MC7833X cpu. The new design will be more generic but might not be optimized for individual CPU which meas the BDM on MC6833X cpu might be slower than the current BDM.

So far it is only a plan and no ETA yet.
usbbdm

Re: mpc56x support?

Post by usbbdm »

This thread is old but MPC8XX will be supported soon and if I have the hardware of MPC5XX it can be supported as well.
However the hardware will be different than the current BDM NT since it uses complete different protocol.
usbbdm

Re: mpc56x support?

Post by usbbdm »

Just release 1.02 that will support MPC850. I will soon test the MPC55X ECU.
Please note that only u-Link NT hardware can do MPC850 CPU.