ddillenger

Audi TCU programming

Post by ddillenger »

I have an Audi TCU here with a motorola 683xx processor:

ZC439616CFT16
TOUCAN TM SERIES
0F65K
QQAZ9949

Along with an AM29F400BB flash memory and a 24C16 eeprom.

As soon as I connect to it, I get BDM off. I have issued the reset commands, and it never changes status. I know I have a good connection as reading with BDM on does produce a file with elements from the flash (looks like the parts that are currently stored in RAM. Any pointers as to what my next step should be?

Before you ask, yes, I have used the correct sequence. Target powered OFF, connect BDM and target, connect USB, wait for the software to detect the USB, then power on the target.

I have also read all the setup files, etc.

Thanks!
ddillenger

Post by ddillenger »

Also, I have spares both dead and working if anyone else would like to take a look. Happy to donate a couple!
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

ddillenger wrote:I have an Audi TCU here with a motorola 683xx processor:

ZC439616CFT16
TOUCAN TM SERIES
0F65K
QQAZ9949

Along with an AM29F400BB flash memory and a 24C16 eeprom.

As soon as I connect to it, I get BDM off. I have issued the reset commands, and it never changes status. I know I have a good connection as reading with BDM on does produce a file with elements from the flash (looks like the parts that are currently stored in RAM. Any pointers as to what my next step should be?

Before you ask, yes, I have used the correct sequence. Target powered OFF, connect BDM and target, connect USB, wait for the software to detect the USB, then power on the target.

I have also read all the setup files, etc.

Thanks!
The ECU I tested was ECU411 and after I connected properly based on some diagram, I got BDM ON after "reset 1".
You can try some command like reset 20 or reset 40. This is to introduce different delay after reset and this might help. Also please make sure your BDM clock is at the lowest one. If you use ECU411 it should already set tot he lowest clock.
If this still does not work, I will investigate to see if further lower the clock is needed. Then I might need a device at hand.
I do not care if the device is working or not. I do need the device to be able electronically communicate with BDM.
ddillenger

Post by ddillenger »

Will try the different speeds. I have been using ECU411, and I had read that it worked best on the lowest setting based on your posts in that thread. Will try again when I get home!
ddillenger

Post by ddillenger »

So news!

When I issue the command -reset 20 it switches to BDM ON briefly, then back to BDM OFF. The big news is that this is consistent, every time I issue the command, it switches to BDM ON (but then right back to OFF).

What's my next step? Sorry, hate to sound like I need to be spoonfed, but I really know very little about this :P

For anyone interested, here are the reads of the e2p (AT 24C16) and flash (AM 29F400BB) after being read with my GQ4X programmer. There are other models with very similar hardware, but only 9/10 BDM pads and 29F200BB flash memory, but those interest me less.

In addition, I will be releasing everything I come up with to the community for free and open use, and recommending this interface as the one to get.

Thanks, as always. DD
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

ddillenger wrote:So news!

When I issue the command -reset 20 it switches to BDM ON briefly, then back to BDM OFF. The big news is that this is consistent, every time I issue the command, it switches to BDM ON (but then right back to OFF).

What's my next step? Sorry, hate to sound like I need to be spoonfed, but I really know very little about this :P

For anyone interested, here are the reads of the e2p (AT 24C16) and flash (AM 29F400BB) after being read with my GQ4X programmer. There are other models with very similar hardware, but only 9/10 BDM pads and 29F200BB flash memory, but those interest me less.

In addition, I will be releasing everything I come up with to the community for free and open use, and recommending this interface as the one to get.

Thanks, as always. DD
Could be the watchdog. Can you show me via teamviewer?
ddillenger

Post by ddillenger »

Yes! Please email me when you are ready! [email protected]

:)
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

I have confirmed this is watchdog issue after I received the donation device ddillenger. The proper way to enter BDM ON is by issue the command "bk".
I can read part of the flash with script before the target resets by watchdog.
I will continue searching how I can disable the watchdog.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Finally I now can safely enter BDM ON. To access EEPROM I might need to add some code to the software.
ddillenger

Post by ddillenger »

Thanks so much for your help with this. I am very happy with the progress that's been made. This will certainly expedite testing!

usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

EEPROM read/write first round is finished. I will soon release 0.69.
0.69 will have several changes.
1. Auto detect flash for BDM target. So one IDcode will allow you detect the flash. No more need to type "flshdct 0".
2. Framework for BDM to read/write EEPROM. I will then see if I am able to read/write EEPROM on DCT2000.
3. Framework for MIPS to use customized read/write Nor flash.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Here is the video. I will release 0.69 soon.
GCamjose

Post by GCamjose »

Good day to all .
Have a question who can help me with my Passat 2.5 V6 tdi TCU 8D0927156DQ wheel .
I'm on the search for the EEPROM 2KB file control unit for this .
Hatt someone for me?