Vu+ Solo 2 Support

Here you can put bug report of USB JTAG/BDM or features or device you want to support. Please submit wish list only. Other topics will moved out from this forum
Kristova

Vu+ Solo 2 Support

Post by Kristova »

Hello usbbdm, I think if you could get this device supported then there would be lots of interest in your devices. A few weeks ago Vu included a software bug in the drivers to erase part/all the bootloader from clones of this satellite receiver.

There are many who have fell foul of this and feel it would be a good product to have in your lists of supported devices.

I have pm'd you a something which they are holding out hope for just now as the only way to revive is to replace 48tsop which holds bootloader.

Thanks for your continued help, Kristova.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Kristova wrote:Hello usbbdm, I think if you could get this device supported then there would be lots of interest in your devices. A few weeks ago Vu included a software bug in the drivers to erase part/all the bootloader from clones of this satellite receiver.

There are many who have fell foul of this and feel it would be a good product to have in your lists of supported devices.

I have pm'd you a something which they are holding out hope for just now as the only way to revive is to replace 48tsop which holds bootloader.

Thanks for your continued help, Kristova.
Please tell me these
What kind of CPU it uses?
Does it have visible JTAG port?
What kind of flash it uses?
How/where to get one unit (better to be a clone)?

I google it and they use NAND flash.
http://www.vuplus.com/productSolo.html
Kristova

Post by Kristova »

Thanks for getting back so quick usbbdm.

There is lots of these out there, clones that is, many hundreds or thousands are probably effected across europe. Many tech forums discussing this problem. I shall send you pm of one that I use mostly in case you have time to look.

Most clones are from China, naturally, but then again so are the originals probably. They can be bought from alibaba type sites. If you need pics I will sort some out later.

Regards.