Cisco DPC3008 Modem Support, XML file needed

Here you can put bug report of USB JTAG/BDM or features or device you want to support. Please submit wish list only. Other topics will moved out from this forum
idiotsniff

Cisco DPC3008 Modem Support, XML file needed

Post by idiotsniff »

Hello,

Looking for Cisco DPC3008 Modem Support, Need the XML file?

hoping someone has this lying around or it can be added/supported in future releases?

thanks for your time,

idiotsniff
teddyalmonds

Post by teddyalmonds »

Use the EPC3010 xml.
idiotsniff

Post by idiotsniff »

Hi,

I'd like to just read and flash the NVRAM info from one modem to another, is it in the exact format where everything is on the DPC3008 vs the DPC3010 modem?

thanks,

idiotsniff
idiotsniff

Post by idiotsniff »

Teddy,

I've also got another question for you if you know or have experience. is it possible, to have a DPC3008 and just copy whole flash to DPC3010? and it work without Issues??

let me know,

thanks for your time,

idiotsniff
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

HERE is the link to the EPC3010 XML
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
moddog

Post by moddog »

idiotsniff wrote:Teddy,

I've also got another question for you if you know or have experience. is it possible, to have a DPC3008 and just copy whole flash to DPC3010? and it work without Issues??

let me know,

thanks for your time,

idiotsniff
Experience, Teddy is a mod, just like Michael Jackson is the king of pop.
Good better best
idiotsniff

Post by idiotsniff »

anyone know if the Nvram location is the same on the DPC3008 and DPC3010? ppl say the EPC3010 XML will work to dump and write whole flash. but i'm wondering if the flash is layed out the same way? as far as where things are located?

thanks a lot,

idiotsniff
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

idiotsniff wrote:anyone know if the Nvram location is the same on the DPC3008 and DPC3010? ppl say the EPC3010 XML will work to dump and write whole flash. but i'm wondering if the flash is layed out the same way? as far as where things are located?

thanks a lot,

idiotsniff
NO They are NOT.......
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
idiotsniff

Post by idiotsniff »

Hi CAPONE,

thanks for the info.

would you happen to have the DPC3008 XML? I could really use it.

appreciate your time,

thanks,

idiotsniff
epicant

DPC3008 is Broadcom. DPC3010 is PUMA5

Post by epicant »

These are completely different chips... i would not go using dpc3010 anything if you ask me. i just took mine apart, its obviously winbond so just have to test it out with a external 3.3, however i have never had to make the xml. How can i get memory location information once i locate a dump?
Also, has anyone made progress, real progress on the dpc3008?
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

This is also answer someone had questions about where the xml is stored. In latest software, the file is stored in %appdata%\roaming\usbjtag\config.
This is the place you can put your own xml on it. (Older software put c:\program files\..., where the program cannot write to it in Windoes 7 and up).
There are tons of XML files. To make your own XML, you need to open one that is close to the original one.
File name start with T. The following is the test name. This must match the name in the xml itself.

All the location definition is just to give its name. If you simply just want to read/write entire flash, make one "flash" should be enough. You can always use command with address and rand to specify the location.
For example.
"getram 800000 20000" Instead of "getram kernel".

So it is not that important to accurately define the memory location. In fact most of the memory definition name I used might not be accurate at all.