Asus vg248qe

Here you can put bug report of USB JTAG/BDM or features or device you want to support. Please submit wish list only. Other topics will moved out from this forum
dreamss

Asus vg248qe

Post by dreamss »

not sure about the part numbers (will update the thread once i find the numbers).. i want to dump and flash the eeprom

ps: the circled chip is an ATMEL 24C02C which is used for the edid that i dont need to access.. im trying to dump/flash the flash/epprom but only image i could find had this

pcb:

im trying to modify the flash/osd to edit the gamemode crosshairs which im hoping are just stored as images

usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

dreamss wrote:not sure about the part numbers (will update the thread once i find the numbers).. i want to dump and flash the eeprom

ps: the circled chip is an ATMEL 24C02C which is used for the edid that i dont need to access.. im trying to dump/flash the flash/epprom but only image i could find had this

pcb:

im trying to modify the flash/osd to edit the gamemode crosshairs which im hoping are just stored as images

You want to program EEPROM? I think NT should be able to support it. Have not tested this for a lone time.
dreamss

Post by dreamss »

yup the EEPROM
dreamss

Post by dreamss »

found a similar monitr with same scaler and pannel
scalar: MST8556T

aparently need to use ddc to flash monitors.. need more research and apropiate service manual

ftp://210.65.248.224/LCD%20Monitor/Docu ... LB.QBE.pdf

Flash-ROM stores source code and MCU (embedded in Scalar) offers H/W DDC2Bi
function & controls system processing. EEPROM is stored DDC data, OSD common data
and user mode data.
) MCU embedded in Scalar: Control unit, it controls all the functions of this interface board,
just like the OSD display setting, the adjustable items, adjusted data storage, the external
IIC communication, support DDC2Bi. .

another similar mon ftp://210.65.248.224/LCD%20Monitor/Docu ... 1.S11).pdf
dreamss

Post by dreamss »

this are pics from my asus vg

dreamss

Post by dreamss »

turns out the monitors have i2c.... which can be used to flash edid and flash

http://www.blaicher.com/2012/06/howto-f ... pirate-v4/
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

Why don't you Use PonyProg? Its a Great tool for reading and writing to EEPROMS. Even though Like USBBDM said, NT should be able to do it as well, but not a bad Idea to have more than one Option. ;)
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

dreamss wrote:turns out the monitors have i2c.... which can be used to flash edid and flash

http://www.blaicher.com/2012/06/howto-f ... pirate-v4/
Have you tried to use NT to program this EEPROM chip?