What target to work next?

Here you can put bug report of USB JTAG/BDM or features or device you want to support. Please submit wish list only. Other topics will moved out from this forum
Wolfgang

Speaking about the target

Post by Wolfgang »

Since it was said earlier that this was not a modem site, the only target that's left interesting was the M-Card. But then again, we all know it's not going to happen for obvious reasons. All initiative were suppressed, posts, pictures and threads deleted. Now the question is what are you going to use the USBJTAG tool for? Probably to just fix devices that you have bricked yourself by trying to back them up or to discover the Holy Grail maybe? Now that's a shame ....
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

Wolfgang wrote:Since it was said earlier that this was not a modem site, the only target that's left interesting was the M-Card. But then again, we all know it's not going to happen for obvious reasons. All initiative were suppressed, posts, pictures and threads deleted. Now the question is what are you going to use the USBJTAG tool for? Probably to just fix devices that you have bricked yourself by trying to back them up or to discover the Holy Grail maybe? Now that's a shame ....
Its Not a Modem Site from the Hacking Point of View. Meaning, WE DON'T HELP PEOPLE LOOKING TO STEAL INTERNET OR CABLE TV FOR THAT MATTER. That being said, a Modem is just another Target (Toy) to play with.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

You drew an excellent conclusion, Sir. This site,at one time, was jumping like the Salmon swimming upstream during mating season. Now, it's pretty much played out and tapped out due to lack of Senior member participation and several other variables. Makes you wonder if sales of the BDM and JTAG tools have caved in ? Since this site is WorldWide, maybe not. Yea, I know for a fact that the M Card CAN be modified. Had an Xfinity install Tech offer one up one day for $500. Asked him how he would explain its loss because my impression would be is that they would Disconnect and render it useless. He said that it can't be done because it's company equipment. I, personally, sent him packing. A nickel ($500) is a bit much for company equipment. They have STB's fall off the back of the Truck every day of the week for around $300. a throw. They'll guarantee it but, their guarantee is an empty promise - much like the company that they work for. That nameless, faceless company are a bunch of thieving bastards. And, their women ? Prostitutes doing much the same thing. An uphill battle. How to win? Become a bloody genius like the Admin or Mr. Merkin. Quite an uphill climb.
Wolfgang

Please stop preaching

Post by Wolfgang »

CAPONE wrote:Its Not a Modem Site from the Hacking Point of View. Meaning, WE DON'T HELP PEOPLE LOOKING TO STEAL INTERNET OR CABLE TV FOR THAT MATTER. That being said, a Modem is just another Target (Toy) to play with.
Said the man whose Speedtest.net snapshots show over 100 Mbps download speed and always brag that his boxes receive everything since he's got the Holy Grail and we don't. Come on man, I understand why you don't publish you secrets in here and that is OK. What I don't understand is your hypocrisy and double moral that you preach about not stealing in your posts. Don't play a saint when we know all "your achievements" since you shamelessly brag about those all the time. If you don't want to help than just shut up and preach somewhere else.
DeanOfTears

Post by DeanOfTears »

Killswitch wrote:Had an Xfinity install Tech offer one up one day for $500. Asked him how he would explain its loss because my impression would be is that they would Disconnect and render it useless. He said that it can't be done because it's company equipment. I, personally, sent him packing. A nickel ($500) is a bit much for company equipment. They have STB's fall off the back of the Truck every day of the week for around $300. a throw.
I've always found it interesting when these truck guys report boxes being "lost". Isn't anyone tracking anything on the caco's side? then again its their loss...
stomperz

Post by stomperz »

usbbdm wrote:After I uploaded 0.58 to work with ST40 NAND, I am in search of the next target to play with. I hope more generic SPI flash through JTAG and more NAND flash through JTAG support.
So if the target involves SPI flash and NAND flash, I am more interested. Also newer CPUs are welcome. Actually I almost started to look at Trimedia JTAG since I have a 2wire modem/router handy.
Not that I care but the majority seems to be in favor of the M-Card :rolleyes:
Sorry for my poor English, it is my primary language.:rolleyes:
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

stomperz wrote:Not that I care but the majority seems to be in favor of the M-Card :rolleyes:
There is not enough information to get started. I assume the M card is using some kind of Freescale CPU.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

Wolfgang wrote:Said the man whose Speedtest.net snapshots show over 100 Mbps download speed and always brag that his boxes receive everything since he's got the Holy Grail and we don't. Come on man, I understand why you don't publish you secrets in here and that is OK. What I don't understand is your hypocrisy and double moral that you preach about not stealing in your posts. Don't play a saint when we know all "your achievements" since you shamelessly brag about those all the time. If you don't want to help than just shut up and preach somewhere else.
Members can do what they want, However if they come here to ask how they can make their modem get online with out a SUB, thats something we don't support here. Whats difficult to understand about that?
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
[email protected]

Post by [email protected] »

Sorry guys been gone on a project, just arrived.

All lost CPE are tracked and never leave the system. So with that said if you purchase a box for $500.00 you are trowing your money away.

As for the Mcard, Yes it does have a lower security and if you change the main chip from on card to another all the info goes with it. No loss of memory.

But you should be more focus on changing the Uni-address not masking. This will open a new door to explore.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

[email protected] wrote:Sorry guys been gone on a project, just arrived.

All lost CPE are tracked and never leave the system. So with that said if you purchase a box for $500.00 you are trowing your money away.

As for the Mcard, Yes it does have a lower security and if you change the main chip from on card to another all the info goes with it. No loss of memory.

But you should be more focus on changing the Uni-address not masking. This will open a new door to explore.
Does anyone have the detail information about the CPU on the M-Card. Is it a BDM based MC CPU?
Wolfgang

Motorola Host Interface (MHIF)

Post by Wolfgang »

usbbdm wrote:Does anyone have the detail information about the CPU on the M-Card. Is it a BDM based MC CPU?
It is tough to say what kind of CPU is built in the M-Cards. However, the M-Card Host Interface has a JTAG connection. I don't know what kind of info it may provide but J1000 header on DCH3416 is a JTAG connection.