Windows XP Pro 64 Bit Drivers

Here you can put bug report of USB JTAG/BDM or features or device you want to support. Please submit wish list only. Other topics will moved out from this forum
CAPONE

Windows XP Pro 64 Bit Drivers

Post by CAPONE »

I cant get USBJTAG to work on Windows XP Pro 64Bit Editon with either of the current Drivers Available.

Would be Nice if you could make the Drivers for this OS System.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

USB JTAG NT works under XP 64 bit. Old USB JTAG is obsolete and no more update.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

usbbdm wrote:USB JTAG NT works under XP 64 bit. Old USB JTAG is obsolete and no more update.
Sorry for Miss Type All I have is the USBJTAG NT neither the 32 or vista 64 bit drivers do the trick.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Please search the forum. I remember there is a trick you need to manually copy something to make it work. It is the problem of XP 64 bit.
I found this.
http://www.usbjtag.com/vbforum/showpost ... ostcount=8
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

usbbdm wrote:Please search the forum. I remember there is a trick you need to manually copy something to make it work. It is the problem of XP 64 bit.
I found this.
http://www.usbjtag.com/vbforum/showpost ... ostcount=8
Thanks Buddy.

I will try that.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

Not it shows USB Connected However it will not read or ID anthing.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

You need now activate the NT properly. The driver is OK now. Wait if you use OLD USBJTAG you cannot use USB JTAG NT software. It WILL NOT work.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

usbbdm wrote:You need now activate the NT properly. The driver is OK now. Wait if you use OLD USBJTAG you cannot use USB JTAG NT software. It WILL NOT work.
I don't Have an old USBJTAG. All I have is the USBJTAGNT as mentioned before. Also it did activate online However it will not recognise anything. I try to read a DCT700 for example and it wont read or do anything.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

Heres a Screen Shot
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

To me the hardware and software works OK. I will look into if you have swapped the Pin 1 or something.

Only if you have 32bit Win32 works and win64 bit not working then I can say it is the problem of driver. Otherwise too many things can go wrong. Win XP 64 was tested before and no problem then.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

usbbdm wrote:To me the hardware and software works OK. I will look into if you have swapped the Pin 1 or something.

Only if you have 32bit Win32 works and win64 bit not working then I can say it is the problem of driver. Otherwise too many things can go wrong. Win XP 64 was tested before and no problem then.
I do have and use Win 32 bit and have never had a Problem geting it to work.

The Windows XP PRO 64 Is so I can use more that 4 GB Of Ram As you saw in the Pic it is connected and activated however won't recognise any equipment i try to detect.

Why would there be the need to swap pin1 ? What do you mean by Swaping Pin 1 ?

Thanks for your Help Buddy

If Not I just may try Setting up a Computer with Windows 7 64 Bit If it works with that then that will do the trick as well. I just like windows XP Better for Testing.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

If you are sure XP works then ignore my earlier comments on pin 1.
I do not understand the trick then. The USB CONNCETED and proper activation means the PC and USB JTAG NT talks nicely. I then cannot understand why it does not work.

Try this order (my last guess).
Power on the DCT700 (or modem) after you see USB connected is shown on the screen.
New hardware shipped after April 6 will not have this issue.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

usbbdm wrote:If you are sure XP works then ignore my earlier comments on pin 1.
I do not understand the trick then. The USB CONNCETED and proper activation means the PC and USB JTAG NT talks nicely. I then cannot understand why it does not work.

Try this order (my last guess).
Power on the DCT700 (or modem) after you see USB connected is shown on the screen.
New hardware shipped after April 6 will not have this issue.
On my last PM about my order i have not been yet able to get it thru.

If its posible you send me the pay request I will still like to place that order.

Thanks for all you help. I will try and see what happens.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Use simple shopping.
http://www.usbjtag.com/shopping

This is due to the security setting in IE. If you use Firefox it will not have this issue.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Use simple shopping.
http://www.usbjtag.com/shopping

This is due to the security setting in IE. If you use Firefox it will not have this issue.