Sb5120

This is JTAG to debrick any JTAG device. Modem, cable boxes, dish boxes routers.
dragonmas

Post by dragonmas »

Newbee?I have been here since the beginning!!When you have DCT's running wide open ppv's and vod then you can lecture me on modems.In my statements above all I was trying to do convey was That I HAD followed correct steps.YOU my friend had to interject your feeling of macho man.

Thanks for all of the positive input to all those who had no nickel in this quarter.And yes you can lead the lemurs to the river and make them jump in.They follow blindly to the tune
of the piper.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

dragonmas wrote:Newbee?I have been here since the beginning!!When you have DCT's running wide open ppv's and vod then you can lecture me on modems.In my statements above all I was trying to do convey was That I HAD followed correct steps.YOU my friend had to interject your feeling of macho man.

Thanks for all of the positive input to all those who had no nickel in this quarter.And yes you can lead the lemurs to the river and make them jump in.They follow blindly to the tune
of the piper.
WOW I never called you a NEWBIE. I simply Said that IMHO The Debrick Steps are there to Help the NewBies Get Some Idea or get started. That in No Way Ment I was Calling you a NewBie. I WAS Simply trying to give you some Pointers But as I meantioned Before, You don't seam to accept advice very Well. SO I'm Done Trying. I will sit back and Watch How it goes with a :D

Good LUCK with that.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
moddog

Post by moddog »

dragonmas wrote:Newbee?I have been here since the beginning!!When you have DCT's running wide open ppv's and vod then you can lecture me on modems.In my statements above all I was trying to do convey was That I HAD followed correct steps.YOU my friend had to interject your feeling of macho man.

of the piper.
yes from sep 2005 and he said for the newbe not you but what do i know! Disable watchdog be ready to program
SBV5120 has a watchdog and need to disable to do programming.
Create file named 5120p.usp
reset
detect
program

Type command 5120p
After this your SBV5120 is ready to program and you can program it in normal speed without trigger watchdog.

Program whole firmware.
ldram 90000000
program 90000000 400000

You can use "reset" to restart the modem. You can not use "cmpram" command to check if the programming is ok when it says "DEBUG ON"

Rescue SBV5120. When box not fire up. Normal programming will not work. First need to program boot. No watchdog exist in this case
]detect
ldram boot (Select proper boot file)
erase boot
sprogram boot (Slow programming)
reset
detect
ldram image0(Any tabes you have backed up)
program image0(Any tabs you want at normal speed)[/COLOR
Good better best
dragonmas

Post by dragonmas »

I guess I missed your advice.In the cut and paste I displayed the steps I had taken/tried.
I must have missed your response of advice.
dragonmas

Post by dragonmas »

Thanks for the cut and paste from USBBDM as you would have seen In my cut and paste that was done.And a SB5120 is only 2 megs not 4 like a SBV5120.
moddog

Post by moddog »

dragonmas wrote:Thanks for the cut and paste from USBBDM as you would have seen In my cut and paste that was done.And a SB5120 is only 2 megs not 4 like a SBV5120.
Debrick the box and stop talking about megs they both debrick the same way
Good better best
dragonmas

Post by dragonmas »

Thanks to Mr.Sky
Your positive input was useful and successful.
marthypaul

Post by marthypaul »

I have from my save:
90 000 000.bin
boot.bin
Nvram.bin
CmApp0.bin
000 000 000 000.bin

Qustion:
which bin I have to load to my 5120 to have valid certificate, or I have to load everything ???

I am in high security area, so changing Mac only, is not gonna give me anything.
S chgo area, close to dwntwn
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

marthypaul wrote:I have from my save:
90 000 000.bin
boot.bin
Nvram.bin
CmApp0.bin
000 000 000 000.bin

Qustion:
which bin I have to load to my 5120 to have valid certificate, or I have to load everything ???

I am in high security area, so changing Mac only, is not gonna give me anything.
S chgo area, close to dwntwn
You have to write the Original Un Modded BackUp.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
marthypaul

Post by marthypaul »

TUNDRA wrote:You have to write the Original Un Modded BackUp.
Do not understand it completely.

What is gonna give me loading original unmodded bin ?
Modem, can get online, but I can not get internet, as Mac is not registered.

Anybody knows, what kind of command CLI should I use to get on net ????
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

marthypaul wrote:Do not understand it completely.

What is gonna give me loading original unmodded bin ?
Modem, can get online, but I can not get internet, as Mac is not registered.

Anybody knows, what kind of command CLI should I use to get on net ????
By LoadinG Original BackUp Modem will Have the Vallid Certs, Which is What you where asking. As for getting the MOdem On Line, IMHO your Losing your Time. Get an SB5100 or SB5101.
Theres No CLI Command that will get you On Line. ;)