netgear cg3100d

Topics about unsupported flash in here. Also please go here regularly to update your flash.def
Locked
husus1
Junior Member
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:20 pm

netgear cg3100d

Post by husus1 »

anyone know the pins to connect to a NETGEAR CG3100D USBJTAG , has a plinth but with the normal connection is not working
Greetings and thanks
CAPONE
Junior Member
Posts: 5011
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:25 pm

Post by CAPONE »

Can you Post a Picture of the Board?
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
husus1
Junior Member
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:20 pm

netgear

Post by husus1 »

I have these pictures taken from a forum, not mine

tomorrow will try to upload mine
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CAPONE
Junior Member
Posts: 5011
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:25 pm

Post by CAPONE »

WOW Some small A$$ Pictures. LOL

In last one I see an 8 pin Header. This is common in the Netgear Modems and in the DPC2100 Modems. So the 10 Pin to 8 Pin adapter I make will work for sure. If you can Understand schematics you can make your Own.

Heres a Picture Of the Adapter I make to work on the DCP2100 & Netgear Modems.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
CAPONE
Junior Member
Posts: 5011
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:25 pm

Post by CAPONE »

Here are 2 different Schematics. I used the Blackcat 10pin to 8pin Schematic to Make My Adapter.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
husus1
Junior Member
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:20 pm

netgear

Post by husus1 »

but which config select? and the modification de flash type?
regards
CAPONE
Junior Member
Posts: 5011
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:25 pm

Post by CAPONE »

husus1 wrote:but which config select? and the modification de flash type?
regards
I would suspect USBBDM will have to make one. On The CG814 and SBG900 It should atleast detect the flash But i would not try to do any Programing. I just donated an CG814CCRv2 to USBBDM So he can Creat a Working XML for that Model Modem. Maybe he will need to get his Hands on a CG3100d to make and XML for it Or Mabe the The CG814CCRv2 will work but we will have to wait for that to be done By Him to test it.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
husus1
Junior Member
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:20 pm

netgear

Post by husus1 »

ok thanks for your reply
usbbdm
Junior Member
Posts: 8994
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:33 pm

Post by usbbdm »

First you need to be able to detect the CPU.
This will let us know that the JTAG is connected.
Then we need to decide the IR length. Most of the device are either 5bits or 8 bits.
Then we need to find out the flash memory. There is a function "s" that can help you.
Look at the flash, the flash can be 2M 4M or 8M.
The search command can be

s 80000000 a0000000 200000 (2M)
s 80000000 a0000000 400000 (4M)
s 80000000 a0000000 800000 (8M)
s 80000000 a0000000 1000000 (16M)

This will roughly tell where is the flash located.
Then make first version of the xml that has the whole memory defined.
Then use getram to get entire flash.
Use hex edit tool or NT to analyze the logic blocks and edit them in the second round of xml.

Last you need to find the proper ram to do fast programming.
Use command "bk" and you should see the PC value.

If your PC value is 0x8xxxxxxxx and it is quite safe to use the 0x80x00000 (where x can be 2,3,4).
If your PC value is 0x9xxxxxxx then the program memory should use 0x90x00000.

Hope this will help you guys to make your own xml.
CAPONE
Junior Member
Posts: 5011
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:25 pm

Post by CAPONE »

usbbdm wrote:First you need to be able to detect the CPU.
This will let us know that the JTAG is connected.
Then we need to decide the IR length. Most of the device are either 5bits or 8 bits.
Then we need to find out the flash memory. There is a function "s" that can help you.
Look at the flash, the flash can be 2M 4M or 8M.
The search command can be

s 80000000 a0000000 200000 (2M)
s 80000000 a0000000 400000 (4M)
s 80000000 a0000000 800000 (8M)
s 80000000 a0000000 1000000 (16M)

This will roughly tell where is the flash located.
Then make first version of the xml that has the whole memory defined.
Then use getram to get entire flash.
Use hex edit tool or NT to analyze the logic blocks and edit them in the second round of xml.

Last you need to find the proper ram to do fast programming.
Use command "bk" and you should see the PC value.

If your PC value is 0x8xxxxxxxx and it is quite safe to use the 0x80x00000 (where x can be 2,3,4).
If your PC value is 0x9xxxxxxx then the program memory should use 0x90x00000.

Hope this will help you guys to make your own xml.
Great Info there Boss. Somthing new to Play With :D Let me know when you get the Donation.
Thanks for the Info.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
husus1
Junior Member
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:20 pm

netgear

Post by husus1 »

tundra communicates via USBJTAG you get with this model?
the board port J302 is 14 pin header, which are used?

Greetings
CAPONE
Junior Member
Posts: 5011
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:25 pm

Post by CAPONE »

husus1 wrote:tundra communicates via USBJTAG you get with this model?
the board port J302 is 14 pin header, which are used?

Greetings
Your Pictures are not good, Too Small so I only saw the 8 Pin Connector. But Hey Since you have the CG3100d And I don't All I can tell you Is Try it and Report Back to Use. ;)
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
husus1
Junior Member
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:20 pm

netgear

Post by husus1 »

These are the pictures to see the pin header
people say that the pin header is the same as the sbg6580 you know what?
Greetings
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Koevoet
Junior Member
Posts: 298
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:29 am

Post by Koevoet »

You can try connect it similar to a SB6120 ,but then you would need to find your ISP pin , or you could try the jtag over SPI function , it may well be the jtag function is disabled similar to the sbg6580 , but set it to 1 of the jtag over spi configs and see if you get a detection.

Regards
husus1
Junior Member
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:20 pm

netgear

Post by husus1 »

ok thanks for your reply
i probe detect flash and´ll post results
on my old usbjtag is possible program this device?
and what is the pin header for this SB6120?
Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests