ali3526

JTAG on Dish Receivers.
slugworth

ali3526

Post by slugworth »

With the old processors jtag wasn't needed and there wasn't any jtag port.
On my new tocomfree s929acm there isn't any rs232 loader that works and it appears to have a 6pin jtag port.8 pin spi 8meg flash so if I was desperate I could desolder and program externally but would be nice to have jtag support.
ali3526 processor.
marthypaul

Post by marthypaul »

Hey Slug, is it the box u r taking about ?????
https://www.ebay.com/i/322582947742?chn=ps&dispItem=1
marthypaul

Post by marthypaul »

here is actualization :
http://www.atualizasat.com/tocomfree/to ... ao-140717/
Do not speak spanish, so can not help. I think it is kind of linuks soft. And I am not proficient in linuks either.
Maybee forocable has something on it. It is very popular box, so got be some loader. Maybee something in the menu.
Have not so much pessos to buy that box at the moment, but looks very promising. And is worth testing.
slugworth

Post by slugworth »

I have different firmwares but killed it today via an update.
Just shows the tocomfree logo on the tv.
ali3526 rs232 loaders seem to be rare.
eventually I will have to desolder the flash and program it externally.
the firmware looks like the old openbox s10 firmwares and isn't encrypted just lzma compressed.
I could probably mod the firmware for an openbox remote control but without an rs232 loader for disaster recovery it would be hit or miss.
slugworth

Post by slugworth »

some sites list it as openbox tocomfree,probably why it looks like openbox firmware.None of the loaders I tried worked.
slugworth

Post by slugworth »

trying to get an rs232 loader from them
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Genuine ... 90646.html
there is no external rs232 port but the mainboard has a 3 pin rs232 header I connected to.
marthypaul

Post by marthypaul »

There was big thread on s10 box at dssrookie, jvvh participated in it too, you may ask him on satfix, think he is still there

Maybee this might help u out ?????
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/d ... -snmp.html
and this:
http://dangerousprototypes.com/forum/vi ... f=37&t=403

Flash rom might be for windows too, long time ago was trying to use it, ain't remember too much.
Heh, maybee u might ask people at haxorware, there is still some good peps coming there, and think that red nose snitch abmjr is out of that site, so hope site is relatively safe.

Think, that has to be safe way to dump the bin, instead desoldering the chip.
I would do it as last resort, had really bad experience with that, screwed badly a few boards without possibility to repair
slugworth

engrish

Post by slugworth »

The rs232 loader was named wrong on the net.
Detective work showed another similar receiver with ali3526 and 128M ddr3 ram using an rs232 loader on the net called pc_upgarde_tool_3526.rar
This is the only one that uses discrete files you have to rename to get a working program for the processor/flash/ram combo you have.
Couldn't get it working so some tweaking is still needed.But the base *.abs files are included.
Crosat has it as pc_upgrade_tool_ali3526.zip should show up in a google search in a few days or search for the misnamed file.
slugworth

blank flash upgrade

Post by slugworth »

even more intriguing is the "ali3526 blank flash upgrade"
If you google it, there is one receiver that claims it can do it via usb if the flash is corrupt.
Just an educated guess but I would say the file has to be renamed to something like rom.bin and involves a key press on the receiver when applying power.
Tricky with the s929 if it did work,since it has no buttons.
One would think that would have to be built into the processor itself.
The ali3602 had the feature of letting the rs232 port work even if the flash was blank.You would use loader version 2.0.0.c to recover.
There was no need for jtag so most receivers with that processor didn't have a jtag port.
slugworth

Post by slugworth »

If the receiver is working,you can use old loaders from 7 years ago like the
eromupgrade 2.0.0f
If the receiver is dead,you have to use the new loader v2.2.0 to make contact
with the receiver,then you use the old loader to actually load.
In my experiments the bootloader section was still intact,the maincode corrupt.
I think if the flash is blank or bootloader section is bad you have to remove the
flash and program externally.Possibly has a 6 pin jtag header like the original m3602 processor receivers.
marthypaul

Post by marthypaul »

Well, interesting, people do not sleep, sat universe is very active.
Myself was thinkin' about raspberry, but prices are above 40$, too much for me.
Found on ebay for less than 10$, bought it, and next day ebay sent me a msge that seller is deleted from ebay, and if I paid, then do nothing, item should arrive, if not, then complain.
There was another listings for 19$, then deleted by ebay, then shows up, then again deleted. Do not understand that game, think something is brewing up along the lines.

Do not want to spent too much time in this game, life is too short, time for me is running out faster and faster. Manage time becomes very crucial for me, getting older and sicker, faster and faster.... but old curiosity still doesn't allow me to sleep well......ehh well going back to repair my shackle, city inspectors and bad neighbors don't want to leave me alone.......insurance doesn't want to pay me for hails storm damage on my house roof....
Gonna visit satfix, ask their gurus, what chip is on new dish receivers nowdays, that is gonna clear the way, I should go.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

ali3526 should be just a flavour of MIPS, I think JTAG it should be possible with some tweaks.
marthypaul

Post by marthypaul »

hey Slug, that box of yours might be very popular in not so distant future. Like the viewsat in the past.
Toying with the nasty idea to buy it and burn my time with that.
Sooner or later some very important utilities for that box are gonna show up.
Worth to watch development, hate to say, I might be too late in this game.
Appreciate your input, thanx.
marthypaul

Post by marthypaul »

slugworth wrote:trying to get an rs232 loader from them
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Genuine ... 90646.html
there is no external rs232 port but the mainboard has a 3 pin rs232 header I connected to.
Reading again spec's for that box. Very, very impressive. Ha ha ha, SKS support too, automatic updates from their site.
Looks like chineese did it again.
Wonder, what sat this SKS is gonna come from.

Maybee it is good idea to get the box now, before prices gonna go up and government impose ban on importing from China. Damned DMCIA act.
Thanx again Slug for bringing that up.

Was tempted to throw out all my dishes, sometimes is good to be lazy, gonna save them all, gonna find good use for it, heh, might even sell some of them on ebay, prices gonna definitely go up.
slugworth

Post by slugworth »

The box has many flaws.
Like you say geared towards sks but powervu doesn't work at all.
The receiver doesn't save to usb correctly,only the allcode.abs is correct.
All the other choices saves a corrupt 4gig file to usb.You can't save/load a channel list.I think the emu is looking for sid but there is no option in the powervu menu to add that.I have tried all firmwares from v1.03 to 1.28
I bought the box for powervu but it let me down.