erased dm500 full flash now cant get debug on

JTAG on Dish Receivers.
zer0900

erased dm500 full flash now cant get debug on

Post by zer0900 »

Hi,

i was trying to flash just ht eboot.bin but i kept getting address not found, so i erased fullflash and tried again, now i get this when i try to detect the chip, and it was detecting fine before i erased

Target: DM500
-detect
IDCODE 12955049
IBM STB02500
Unknown flash type!

Please help me to fix this problem.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Whatch this,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQlxgd-XEgU
You need to have halt pin connected. If still not work, make sure your USB JTAG NT can program SPI chip to prove your pin 11 is not burnt.
You should always see DEBUG ON no matter if you have the good flash or not.
zer0900

Post by zer0900 »

Hi usbbdm,

thanks for getting back to me, indeed you were correct, the stranded wire on pin 16 on the mobo had come undone, so I re thinned and resoldered it, now I am back and have flash detected and debug on, you are the man!

Now, the big issue here is when I enter the command to flash load the boot

Target: DM500
-detect
IDCODE 12955049
IBM STB02500
Found Address= 7f800000 CFI Intel 28F640J3
-LDRAM fffe0000
Address out of range

That is what I get every time, do you know what the reason is for this? Please help. Or is it possible to reflash the whole chip at once? I can only obtain an image for it in .img format and not .bin format though. Thanks again.

edit: ok, oddly enough i went to recent files within usbjtag software and selected boot.bin, selected boot output tab and hit write, it wrote successfully and i now have access again via serial port to flash, but i am left with the same issue, dreamup can talk to the box but it stays at "waiting to acknowlege" and wont go past this point. This was the problem initially and so is why I assumed the bootloader was corrupt, I thought by reflashing the boot after a full erase with jtag it might clear up this problem, but it seems not. Any ideas? Full 8mb flash, but what range to flash it to and how to convert .img/.nfi to .bin are the questions, thanks for all your help.
zer0900

Post by zer0900 »

Ok, after several attempts of getting past the acknowledge prompt with different versions of dreamup and random errors, it finally flashed. Thank you again usbbdm, unbelieveable how you caught that about pin 11. It looked fine, id have never spotted it. Thanks a lot!