Sti7105 JTAG.

JTAG on Dish Receivers.
usbbdm

Sti7105 JTAG.

Post by usbbdm »

Sine there is a doubt of NT supporting ST40 core and someone had reported that there is issue using NT for Sti7105 CPU. I found one "Sti7105-MBoard" (http://www.st.com/internet/com/TECHNICA ... 119979.pdf). It took about one week to arrive and I picked up today.
Main board (two of them. MB680B and MB705B)
JTAG on CN6
When I put USB JTAG NT on it, it enters TRAP ON right away. Seems there is no problem to get to DEBUG mode for this target. However it supports NAND flash and maybe it is the time to add NAND support to NT software.

However I have received constant that people have trouble access ST40 core with their target. Maybe one of the reason is the TTL level. On Sti7105-MBoard or the target I have tested (include Sonicview 8000HD), they are all TTL level.

If you have a target with Sti7105 core I would like to hear from you.
JTog

Post by JTog »

If you could reduce to 1/2 of your gigantic pictures ... It cannot fit to normal 19" display [1280x1024].
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

JTog wrote:If you could reduce to 1/2 of your gigantic pictures ... It cannot fit to normal 19" display [1280x1024].
you see that little bar on the right hand side of your screen that moves it up and down...there is another one at the bottom of your screen that will move it from right to left!~! :eek: lol...all smart ass comments aside all it is is a pic of the board, not really alot of info attached to the picture.
live your life like a beer commericial
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

JTog wrote:If you could reduce to 1/2 of your gigantic pictures ... It cannot fit to normal 19" display [1280x1024].
Sorry. You can right click and download the picture and display with your own application.
madface

Post by madface »

Nice to hear this! I think MB680B is supporting STi5189 developement. Maybe you could test it against USB Jtag NT and add support for this together with MX25L3255 (SPI)
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

madface wrote:Nice to hear this! I think MB680B is supporting STi5189 developement. Maybe you could test it against USB Jtag NT and add support for this together with MX25L3255 (SPI)
But I think the CPU on the board is Sti7109. As of SPI chip on ST40 target, if the chip is populated on the MB680B board, I should be able to support it.

For now I will add NAND chip first.
madface

Post by madface »

usbbdm wrote:But I think the CPU on the board is Sti7109. As of SPI chip on ST40 target, if the chip is populated on the MB680B board, I should be able to support it.

For now I will add NAND chip first.

You are right! My mistake! Only MB676/MB704 for 5189...
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

madface wrote:You are right! My mistake! Only MB676/MB704 for 5189...
No worries. After I hookup the ST7105-Mboard, I found the existing code is not compatible with St7105 or ST5202 on 12Mhz. If you lower the clock to 6MHz or 3Mhz, it can read-write ram. Since both of my target uses NAND flash I will first add NAND to the target.
As of MB676, where can I get one (inexpensive)? If not can I get one of the dish box that uses SPI flash (JTAG port ready). I am glad to add SPI flash programming over JTAG on any target.

Looks like I have a lot to do this weekend. Any target with NAND flash and SPI flash which can be accessed via JTAG (MIPS,ARM,ST20, ST40) will be considered. The first will be Sti7105 NAND support.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Just keep you guys update. I now have NAND flash detected on one of the Sti5205 target.

Nand flash is becoming more popular now. However it also create challenge for JTAG to support. The work to support Nand is almost double or triple the work of existing JTAG NT. I will gradually add support to them one by one based on the availability of the target.

All new Nand support code will be in a dat file from configuration. Thus we can have as many target as we want with little code change. I am building 0.58 which will create the framework for ST40 target first. Then I might add ARM9 and then MIPS. The reason of this order is the target that are available to me. I am also thinking adding ARM11 support but it might get delayed.
n01kn0ws

Post by n01kn0ws »

usbbdm wrote:Just keep you guys update. I now have NAND flash detected on one of the Sti5205 target.

Nand flash is becoming more popular now. However it also create challenge for JTAG to support. The work to support Nand is almost double or triple the work of existing JTAG NT. I will gradually add support to them one by one based on the availability of the target.

All new Nand support code will be in a dat file from configuration. Thus we can have as many target as we want with little code change. I am building 0.58 which will create the framework for ST40 target first. Then I might add ARM9 and then MIPS. The reason of this order is the target that are available to me. I am also thinking adding ARM11 support but it might get delayed.

Hi i have added new STi7105 cpu motherboard on the ST40 thread can u please check the pictures i am trying to identify the JTAG connector on the motherboard, the only one that seems doable is the 12Pin PL5000 but i am not shure if it is good
Djamtas

Re: Sti7105 JTAG.

Post by Djamtas »

Hi Guys

Any one can help me identify jtag on a 7105jud board?