jtag strong 6410 ?

JTAG on Dish Receivers.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

postit wrote:ok I'll wait for the usbjtag, you tell me about the adapter, you can tell me more about the making of the adapter.

thank you
Look @ Post #10. There you will see a Nice adapter FelipeFerras Made for himself Or you can get the 14 Pin Jumper sold in the Simple Shopping Page.
See Attached Picture...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
postit

Post by postit »

Hello, usbjtag received and all went well, great

Thank you
bile22

Post by bile22 »

Hi postit, i have the same stb ( strong 6410 tnt sat france ), but i have a great probleme, i can not do an update via sat for this stb ( there is no update disponible ), it's always staying on 1.1 firmware version, and the officiel strong team from france say that for this stb i can not do un update from sat because it must be on 2.0 version to do it.
so i think that jtag is the last solution but i need an flash dump to it.
so if you can help me with:

- a flash dump for this stb
- confirm me this jtag schematic ( it's for the stb based omega 5105 cpu - 20 pins ).

Thank you
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

bile22 wrote:Hi postit, i have the same stb ( strong 6410 tnt sat france ), but i have a great probleme, i can not do an update via sat for this stb ( there is no update disponible ), it's always staying on 1.1 firmware version, and the officiel strong team from france say that for this stb i can not do un update from sat because it must be on 2.0 version to do it.
so i think that jtag is the last solution but i need an flash dump to it.
so if you can help me with:

- a flash dump for this stb
- confirm me this jtag schematic ( it's for the stb based omega 5105 cpu - 20 pins ).

Thank you
Sti5105 is DCU3. Check video here.
postit

Post by postit »

hello, yes with usbjtag is doing very quickly
bile22

Post by bile22 »

postit wrote:hello, yes with usbjtag is doing very quickly
Hi postit, usbbdm:

For the moment i need ;

- a flash dump (2.0 version or hightly )for the strong 6410 ( tnt sat france ).
- confirmation about the 20 'th jtag pinout ( placement of tdi, tck, ................).

Thank you .
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

I have confirmed that when the boot is empty it is very difficult to get TRAP ON for Sti5502. I am looking at a possible solution to this.
The possible reason could be when boot code is not there the CPU is not ready to accept fast JTAG clock (even lower to 3MHz). So I am looking at how to improve the code to force it to TRAP ON easily.
postit

Post by postit »

Usbdm hello, you're wrong about this problem for the post on the jtag recever sti7101 I opened, in any case thank you for your research because to date I have not always succeeded
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

I do not have your device but you can read this. Try to use 3M JTAG clock to see if you are lucky. The procedure is power and hit ID within very short period of time.
viewtopic.php?p=48015#post48015
bile22

Post by bile22 »

postit wrote:Usbdm hello, you're wrong about this problem for the post on the jtag recever sti7101 I opened, in any case thank you for your research because to date I have not always succeeded
hi postit,

please see your MP.

thank you.
postit

Post by postit »

Hello, I return to my receiver I do a test by connecting the ST20 usbjtag mode and I pass on the software that trap off, the problem is the detection of four answers me usbjtag
IDCODE 2D42C041
STi STi5202
Unknown flash type!
Report these values http://www.usbjtag.com/vbforum ffff,ffff

When do you
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

postit wrote:Hello, I return to my receiver I do a test by connecting the ST20 usbjtag mode and I pass on the software that trap off, the problem is the detection of four answers me usbjtag
IDCODE 2D42C041
STi STi5202
Unknown flash type!

When do you
This is NOT ST20 CPU and it will never go to TRAP ON. I am investigating the reset timing now.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

postit wrote:Hello, I return to my receiver I do a test by connecting the ST20 usbjtag mode and I pass on the software that trap off, the problem is the detection of four answers me usbjtag
IDCODE 2D42C041
STi STi5202
Unknown flash type!

When do you
For the testing purpose please remove the reset pin and see if you can get TRAP ON with ST40 target.
postit

Post by postit »

Hello, I'm doing the test and still no result, by cons I have a question, my memory in the receiver is a SPANSION S29GL064N90 **** how to add the configuration file in the flash of usbjtag
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

postit wrote:Hello, I'm doing the test and still no result, by cons I have a question, my memory in the receiver is a SPANSION S29GL064N90 **** how to add the configuration file in the flash of usbjtag
You first start by looking for the PDF on that Flash. All the info needed will be there.