0x2d43f041

JTAG on Dish Receivers.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

For the time being you can try this.
1. Remove the reset pin from your board.
2. Try power on and hit detect within short period of time. Try several times to see if you can get TRAP ON.
madface

Post by madface »

usbbdm wrote:For the time being you can try this.
1. Remove the reset pin from your board.
2. Try power on and hit detect within short period of time. Try several times to see if you can get TRAP ON.
I did this already. No TRAP ON. Several times...like 15-20 times. I tried even to press F1 right the moment I've powered on the box.

I do not know how the interface is working, but during the power on, is good to press several times F1? Or, if the right moment for detecting is not good, pressing F1 has no effect?
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Now I am not convinced any more it is a ST40 core. Maybe you need to remove the heatsink to see which CPU it uses. Or you can find the datasheet of the box. If it is not ST40 and we are focused on it, it will not work.
madface

Post by madface »

usbbdm wrote:Now I am not convinced any more it is a ST40 core. Maybe you need to remove the heatsink to see which CPU it uses. Or you can find the datasheet of the box. If it is not ST40 and we are focused on it, it will not work.
It is ST40 core 350MHz processor.
For my processor is written in the datasheet:

No EMI. Boot from serial Flash only
Advanced security
– Secure control words
– Code authentication
– JTAG interface locking
– DVR copy protection

Will USBJTAG NT help me?
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

madface wrote:It is ST40 core 350MHz processor.
For my processor is written in the datasheet:

No EMI. Boot from serial Flash only
Advanced security
– Secure control words
– Code authentication
– JTAG interface locking
– DVR copy protection

Will USBJTAG NT help me?
Maybe I have to have one box in hand to add support to it.
madface

Post by madface »

usbbdm wrote:Maybe I have to have one box in hand to add support to it.
I think any STi5189-KBC 15 mm x 15 mm LFBGA box can help you do that.
madface

Post by madface »

usbbdm wrote:Maybe I have to have one box in hand to add support to it.
After I will read the flash I can borrow it to you for testing. Right now the box is "in production" (I am using it).

So, the issue you've mentioned that if the boot is erased is difficult to get TRAP ON does not apply in my case.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

madface wrote:After I will read the flash I can borrow it to you for testing. Right now the box is "in production" (I am using it).

So, the issue you've mentioned that if the boot is erased is difficult to get TRAP ON does not apply in my case.
Then it will be the timing of reset. I might have to put my hand on it.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Please read the solution for Sonicview that the nTRST from USB JTAG NT is not pin 1 for ST40. It is pin13. I hope this can do some help.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

This device uses SPI chip. So far NT does not support SPI on ST40 core. Maybe latter I will add them.
madface

Post by madface »

Please, do so...
madface

Post by madface »

usbbdm wrote:This device uses SPI chip. So far NT does not support SPI on ST40 core. Maybe latter I will add them.
Sorry, I didn't pay too much attention to your post and maybe I don't know too much, but SPI isn't related to the flash? I do not need a flash dump, I need a ram dump for the time being. Is this possible?
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Read RAM is possible. I have success in some of ST40 targets. Someone reported back that they cannot get TRAP ON. Only when you enter TRAP ON then you can read the date from target.

I need more ST40 target to test. There is another device donation on the way and I hope I can test that one soon.
madface

Post by madface »

usbbdm wrote:Read RAM is possible. I have success in some of ST40 targets. Someone reported back that they cannot get TRAP ON. Only when you enter TRAP ON then you can read the date from target.

I need more ST40 target to test. There is another device donation on the way and I hope I can test that one soon.
I know that I get TRAP ON to read the ram as into this state the processor is halted and the ram is frozen. Once again, for the time being I only need ram reading feature, not patching flash memory.

To patch the flash I need to know how to decompress the image (maybe to know if it is an uboot bootstrap there or some other way to decompress the flash image into ram) and then compress it back, which for the time being is above my knowledge...

So, I am kindly asking you to keep me updated if it is possible about your research.

Thank you!
madface

Post by madface »

usbbdm wrote:Read RAM is possible. I have success in some of ST40 targets. Someone reported back that they cannot get TRAP ON. Only when you enter TRAP ON then you can read the date from target.

Hello there!

Any news regarding this issue? I still can not get the TRAP ON...