Dcu3 jtag

JTAG on Dish Receivers.
slugworth

the man

Post by slugworth »

I was able to repair my receiver using a .lku I made from one of the example files that was part of st20 toolset v2.3.1
The first experiment would erase but not program.After playing around I determined it was a delay or lack of delay problem in the mb385.c file.I used another edited file and was able to erase and program the bootstrap section into the receiver.After that I just used the regular serial loader to load the complete firmware.I then tried the program on another pc,but it wouldn't work,so that program must also have a speed related problem.At least I was able to fix my receiver.Even though the .lku was made under the latest toolset,it should also run under older versions like the one that was part of the pvr2flash.rar file you can get off the net.It is the bare minimum support files for st20 toolset v1.96 I believe.
elkora

Post by elkora »

nice work..

congratulations! yea...
slugworth

sad

Post by slugworth »

The sad part is st20 toolset v2.3.1 was released almost 2 years ago and I just found it recently.My receiver was dead for 1.5 years,I could have had it fixed a long time ago.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
slugworth

dis

Post by slugworth »

There was a lot of wrong and missing info along the way,even in the stm readme.
slugworth

edited

Post by slugworth »

The corrected version of the readme from the stm flashburner examples folder.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
slugworth

peek n poke

Post by slugworth »

Uctap monitored peeks and pokes from a successful flash erase episode.
elkora

Post by elkora »

slugworth thanks for all you input I hope usbbdm soon support DCU3 in his softaware.
slugworth

dcu3

Post by slugworth »

It would be a lot easier than what I had to go through.
Luckily you only have to do it once, unless you are cloning receivers..
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

slugworth wrote:Uctap monitored peeks and pokes from a successful flash erase episode.
You motivated me to work on this this weekend. Thanks for your hard work.
slugworth

trap

Post by slugworth »

This trap was in the toolset v2.3.1
I can add it to the lib of an old version of toolset and get that to do dcu3.
slugworth

>

Post by slugworth »

usbbdm wrote:You motivated me to work on this this weekend. Thanks for your hard work.
I had to redirect the screen output to a file,I had flashbacks to the old DOS days of pipes and redirects.
slugworth

more

Post by slugworth »

Uctap monitored peeks and pokes from a successful 4meg flash programming episode.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Based on your dcu3.txt I was able to finish the initialization which is also in the mb400cfg. I will investigate further to get the trap going (This is all I need to be able to program and erase as I did for ST20). The tool chain had a lot more than to be able to program. With the full memory open it can make the programming much faster than the one we provided in ST20.
elkora

Post by elkora »

very good news usbbdm.

thanks for all your effort..
slugworth

meg a minute

Post by slugworth »

usbbdm wrote:Based on your dcu3.txt I was able to finish the initialization which is also in the mb400cfg. I will investigate further to get the trap going (This is all I need to be able to program and erase as I did for ST20). The tool chain had a lot more than to be able to program. With the full memory open it can make the programming much faster than the one we provided in ST20.
The default settings for the st20 burner is a 4k buffer,which was ideal for the sst39vf3201 since it has 4k blocks.It programs at about 1meg per minute,so the 4meg flash takes around 4 minutes.It erases the entire chip at once,so that is fast.