usbjtag on windows 7 not working

Backup of earlier posts.
Newb

usbjtag on windows 7 not working

Post by Newb »

i have old usbjtag and trying to install software to windows7
its insalling driver but it still says jtag not connected on bottom right in program
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

Newb wrote:i have old usbjtag and trying to install software to windows7
its insalling driver but it still says jtag not connected on bottom right in program
There is no More Support for Old USBJTAG. In case you didn't get THE MEMO. ;)
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
Newb

Post by Newb »

TUNDRA wrote:There is no More Support for Old USBJTAG. In case you didn't get THE MEMO. ;)
i didnt kno that meant it wouldnt work on win7. my mb died at worst possible time.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

Newb wrote:i didnt kno that meant it wouldnt work on win7. my mb died at worst possible time.
Now you Know. I don't know if the current Drivers will work on the Old Software. However If I am Not Mistaken the Old USBJTAG does not work with the New USBJTAG NT Software.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Old USB JTAG will work on Windows 7 32 bit with Cypress driver. 64 bit needs winusb driver and should work too.
But old USB JTAG cannot use NT software and that is because of the clone and sorry for those old USB JTAG users. Old USB BDM are still 100% supported since it is not being cloned. So the clone really ruined the good product.
Newb

Post by Newb »

usbbdm wrote:Old USB JTAG will work on Windows 7 32 bit with Cypress driver. 64 bit needs winusb driver and should work too.
But old USB JTAG cannot use NT software and that is because of the clone and sorry for those old USB JTAG users. Old USB BDM are still 100% supported since it is not being cloned. So the clone really ruined the good product.
thank you!
eletech

My USBJTAG experience,

Post by eletech »

After reading in the forums very excited to play with my new USBJTAG paid $69 for it i believe. 1-2 months later "not supported" I was a little upset to say the least. I was told to buy the NT. I was so disappointed for the non supported new item I purchased. I didn't buy another one. I wish the company would have given me a replacement or offered for me to send it back and pay $20. So i just lost interest.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

eletech wrote:After reading in the forums very excited to play with my new USBJTAG paid $69 for it i believe. 1-2 months later "not supported" I was a little upset to say the least. I was told to buy the NT. I was so disappointed for the non supported new item I purchased. I didn't buy another one. I wish the company would have given me a replacement or offered for me to send it back and pay $20. So i just lost interest.
You should install WinUSB driver instead.
It is the driver not the software.
If you cannot find the driver you might need to stick with older OS that still support it.
Cypress has obsolete this chip and no driver can be found for Windows 7 even from Cypress's website.