Dual Systems Los Angeles/Compton CALI

Backup of earlier posts.
egotipp

Dual Systems Los Angeles/Compton CALI

Post by egotipp »

New here Qik ? Why does Compton box work in LA but La box don't work in Compton ?the VOD and PPV work in Compton But no Premium's and extended basic,compton box seem to work most systems in la but a la box only for la how can i make la work in compton everything?
Hope this isn't 2 much to ask.
minipower

Post by minipower »

Your talking about "now" comcast.

When it was which use to be AT&T which use to be MEDIA ONE LOL

If I remember right each city/area has its own channel config, Like for diff local channel numbers but the HBO and SHOWTIME PPV and stuff was the same.

If I were to take a guess I would say the NVRAM/channel map is different...

shit its been like 5 yrs since I installed cable on that system. If I remember anything to help you out I repost
egotipp

Thanks for trying to help

Post by egotipp »

Yes the system is comcast but it seems to have a dual nvram goin on last i cheked but recently la did a nvram change so not sure if the same is still
relevant maybe u can send a nvram for compton/LA.
egotipp

dual sys

Post by egotipp »

Followup to my post seems that older firmware will work on compton and LA with modified ram and also how do we get moto too work on any givin moto system if we have the code/nvram of that system that we want to migrat too?Haven't done spi yet seems intresting besides trying to mod box by way of jtag/bdm lets use our brains and copy the company by way of Cable Coax,then mod the UID with jtag/bdm (similar too the Cube) but digital cube this may be
easier because by way of cable coax the info will go too the specified target chip set instead of us guessing,I here you can even purchase a Headend.WoW
crazy101

Post by crazy101 »

was sup guys. the reason the box works in la but not compton is because LA runs on a different headend than compton. the channel freq are different on both sides. i work for this system for quite a bit and so far i got the hang of it. im me if u need any info.
universall

the change has started

Post by universall »

soon they will all be one like the old days
junctionbox

wrong

Post by junctionbox »

if you notice boxes that has 07.93 firmware has to addresses and will still have 2 address after upgrading it to 07.96 these boxes will work on both systems guaranteed through experience
junctionbox
egotipp

7.93/7.96

Post by egotipp »

O ok thanks JJ for that info i'll chek it out seems logical that would be the case.
0n3.m4n.4rmy

Post by 0n3.m4n.4rmy »

My understanding there are 3 systems in Los Angeles

Legacy Comcast

Legacy Adelphia Cable

Legacy TW

I'm also aware all 3 areas digital boxs will not work on one another. I plan to get a map drawn out for all the LA city's as I have no found one on here yet.
METROMEXTECH

Compton vs los angeles

Post by METROMEXTECH »

Their nodes are the same but the signal type is different i work for these thives and i know how their system work anyone need anyother advice if i can help message me
METROMEXTECH

Post by METROMEXTECH »

I have a map in my head bro metromextech at hot mail
junctionbox

They all will be the same soon

Post by junctionbox »

On march 28. 2010 95% of cc in southern cal will be the same the upgrade started on the given date hora hora its about time.
junctionbox
junctionbox

The upgrade started

Post by junctionbox »

34degrees 1' 9" north/118degrees 29' 25" west now do your calculation and see what city the upgrade began at by the end of the year 95% of this system will be the same mate
junctionbox
egotipp

Yup its Happening

Post by egotipp »

i've noticed the upgrade and its only June 2010.Yeahh