my Ph6 Board is Down....Need Help..

Backup of earlier posts.
pete

my Ph6 Board is Down....Need Help..

Post by pete »

Ok Folks so is been a while, nice layout..
Here is the deal, my Ph6 is Down for the second time since I program the very first time about 5 months ago, The first time The Boss sugested to restored Code file and Nvram, I did and it worked perfect, I it started freezing and and it was driving me Crazy so I try to restored again and no luck, I get a Blank screen After about 5 minutes it does pickup the channel lineup sheduled BUT still no picture ? Dont remember I had to do if Both or just Nvram ?
I do have them Back up, I have restored Both and No luck, I did upgrade the progy to 0.53 Dct Test 0.13 and Maybe I'm doing something wrong, I really would like to get my box going again...Her are My steps

reset 1
init
ldram 200000
here I've loadit Nvram
setram 200000 40000
reset

No luck, Still no picture any ideas :roll: I Don't see the "Code" and "NVRAM" tabs...Where are they ?

Any ways, I little walk through from the experts around here would help

Thank you all in advanced. :wink: :cry:
reene4525

Post by reene4525 »

Make sure the program is configured for PH6: Tools- Config- Target Select.
patsfan

Post by patsfan »

can you read the code/nvram that's currently on the box? it sounds like your box has been disconnected if you get guide but no picture. you should only need to restore your nvram using the "connect" feature. as reene4525 said make sure your set for the ph6 board.
pete

Post by pete »

I will try that, and let you all Know how it went

Thanks.
pete

Post by pete »

Ok Guys I'm lost now since they change the progy...
tools/config = target select PH6= all the codes automatically 1-4 there..
Now source Code Name asm ? file_______Is this where my Nvram goes ? Now when I click to upload no Bin format :roll: About program flash leavit along at 00E90000 ?.....

Thank you all Again Guys..
reene4525

Post by reene4525 »

Print the thread from- bdm on dct 2224/2244, 7-23-05, Typical Command Sets.
patsfan

Post by patsfan »

don't use the asm tab for anything. once configured right try reading your nvram from the box.

reset 1
init
getram 20000 40000

if you check the nvram tab you should see data there. now:

ldram 200000
(select your backed up nvram file)
use the connect the box feature
setram 200000 40000
reset

hopefully that works.
pete

Post by pete »

Thank you Sr....
Back in business..Got another for you all, Yes I search already but didnt find a clear answer.
This Box was given to me by my neighbor that was Subcribe to all the Goodies, so YES it is Local Box...Now when I first programed the Box I got everything including PPV, I cleared them a couple times and Back up no problems, ONE day they stop working getting the Not Authorized message until Now..Any ideas :roll: , I haven't done much reading about SPI so I don't know exactly what it does but I will love to keep testing if something I havent try could solve this problem..

Again Thank you I'm up like before w/out PPV.
patsfan

Post by patsfan »

ppv counter can only be cleared so many times before it will lock you out. i have had the same problem with one of my boxes. nothing you can do with it right now. enjoy what you have.
pete

Post by pete »

Thank you patsfan, I'm actuallly very happy with what I have...
Again thaks.