Cogeco

All NVRAM requests go here.
ethics

Cogeco

Post by ethics »

Anyone have any cogeco nvram? I am looking to test...thanks!
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

ethics wrote:Anyone have any cogeco nvram? I am looking to test...thanks!
Good luck with that. Not many tester Up North.................. Check with Justsomeguy.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

sorry bud, I got nothun for ya...gonna have to get that backup the ol fashion way~~~
live your life like a beer commericial
ethics

Post by ethics »

old fashion way?
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Yea - ya gotta EARN it. Or, you could a) yank the contents from a friend's box or b) attend a yard or estate sale and scoff up a box and take your chances. You're not in America, things just got a whole lot harder.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

yup old fashion way....talk to a buddy that lives close by, or also like moongoon said, get a used one and hope for the best that it has a good package...like capone said..there are not many of us Canadian's that test so we have to make the best with what we got..the nice thing up here is that most caco's allow us to buy and sell used boxes which is a MAJOR up side to testing...
ethics

Post by ethics »

ok thanks,,,i will sub all channels on my own box...then experiment I guess...
How do I know if one I buy from a yardsale is toast or not? can I bring it back to life?
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

ethics wrote:ok thanks,,,i will sub all channels on my own box...then experiment I guess...
How do I know if one I buy from a yardsale is toast or not? can I bring it back to life?
you can usually bring any box back to life, it's just the matter of what packages it has on it, you kinda never know until you open it up and play with it..kinda like a woman you meet at the bar, you never really know what's under those clothes until you get her home and naked, then you can see what's real and what's fake on her~...

ya your best bet is to pay for a full open sub for a month or so, then block up your box then call and downgrade to min package. ...then you get your cake and eat it to !
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Yea, sure - ya gotta get over on the CC, their ROI (return on investment) is off the Richter Scale for earthquakes. Often wondered and never really heard the truth on this one : how much is a Full Boat subscription to all of the Movie channels and Sports packages? God, it's gotta be over $125/month and , quite possibly, way more than that. Maybe a little short of a Deuce (200/month) . Imagine being able to save that kind of revenue.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

MoonGoon wrote:Yea, sure - ya gotta get over on the CC, their ROI (return on investment) is off the Richter Scale for earthquakes. Often wondered and never really heard the truth on this one : how much is a Full Boat subscription to all of the Movie channels and Sports packages? God, it's gotta be over $125/month and , quite possibly, way more than that. Maybe a little short of a Deuce (200/month) . Imagine being able to save that kind of revenue.
Well he is in CANUK so there prices may be different, but Here in US it a little short of a Deuce, Not by Much either. :)
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

CAPONE wrote:Well he is in CANUK so there prices may be different, but Here in US it a little short of a Deuce, Not by Much either. :)
just for tv it's about up here if you wanted a fully open package with everything your probably lookin around at least $200

...for a 3-in-1 sub with phone, extreme internet, and tv with a decent sub package that includes about half the movie channels and a good amount of premiums I think I pay close to $225 a month or so!!!
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Wow-w! I must need some Shock Therapy. I use VOIP for my Hardwire. NetTalk gets the nod over the StumbleBums at MagicJack. Slightly better module. I get Performance Internet for the fine folks at Comcast. $19.99 for 12 months. I got Digital Preferred for @29.99 for 12 months. They threw in HBO for 6 months. No taxums. Used to think that I had 'em by the gonads. Beginning to second guess that ass-umption.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

my extreme internet costs $10 more then the usual high speed ..but damn well worth it that's for sure. I instantly noticed the difference especially when downloading movies and shit like that...I can download a movie now in about 1/4 the time it used to take! so that is well worth the money...there are a couple adjustments to my set up that I've just haven't had time (for the last couple years it seems) to lower ALL those bills dramatically with the phone and certain tv things...it's funny that I help I don't know how many people here all the time but don't actually test certain aspects that I really should be considering only handful of people know how...lmfao~
ethics

Post by ethics »

ok thanks all...i will try soon..and test...
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

justsomeguy wrote:my extreme internet costs $10 more then the usual high speed ..but damn well worth it that's for sure. I instantly noticed the difference especially when downloading movies and shit like that...I can download a movie now in about 1/4 the time it used to take! so that is well worth the money...there are a couple adjustments to my set up that I've just haven't had time (for the last couple years it seems) to lower ALL those bills dramatically with the phone and certain tv things...it's funny that I help I don't know how many people here all the time but don't actually test certain aspects that I really should be considering only handful of people know how...lmfao~
You need to get a Docsis 3.0 modem if they support it. Then you will really notice the difference.......... ;)