Netgear cg3000D need firmware dump

JTAG work on Surfboard cable modem.
Buxstr

Netgear cg3000D need firmware dump

Post by Buxstr »

Firmware on this modem is really crippled so I decided to play around and jag it to see if I could load a different version.

Long story short, I bricked it before getting the jag working (newbie) but once I was able to connect, I did not bother dumping the firmware cause I thought it was corrupt and put a firmware I found for download from a Cisco dcp3825 since has same cpu.

This brought it halfway back but it now hangs during boot. Would like to install original back. Netgear does have GPL resources available but they are incomplete and so far I have be unable to compile my own firmware.

Would be grateful if anyone has a bin dump they can share that may work
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

Not only should you dump the firmware, You SHOULD have made a FULL BACKUP.......

This is what happens when people DON'T READ and Follow Rules.

Your off to a GREAT START!!!!!!!
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
Buxstr

Post by Buxstr »

Yep, learning the hard way.
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

The mob boss Capone is a Helluva leader, isn't he ? Has most of the right answers. An excellent Motivator. Gets peeps to rise to their feet.
Buxstr

solved

Post by Buxstr »

Okay, long walk back but got it working again. Was able to obtain a full spi hex dump (many thanks to lightworkernaven) that was edited for my MAC and serial number inserted. Flashed and all is good.

I had to use a full flash dump because I am using my DIY jaytag (resistors and pc with printer port) with the freely available spipgm program. Making this was an experience all by itself

Bottom line is if you screw it up, ignore the nay sayers and usually you can find a way back with a little help from the great community here.