Man...I'm an idiot.

JTAG work on Surfboard cable modem.

Moderator: justsomeguy

zanatos

Man...I'm an idiot.

Post by zanatos »

Thanks for those coming by to view this post. Like most I have a problem trying to get my SB5100 to work.

A friend of mine that only has experience with the Parallel Blackcat Cable tried putting the firmware and ended up bricking my modem. At least I believe that would be the term. Now that I have the USBJTAG NT cable connected to my cable modem and press "detect" I get this.

-detect
IDCODE 0334817F
Broadcom BCM3348
IMPCODE 00800908
EJTAG V1, V2.0
DMA supoorted
Found Address= 9fc00000 MX29LV161B

That should be a good sign I believe, but when I power it on I get no lights. I do have a backup of my SB5100, but when I try to write it to the cable modem it always gets stuck on erasing and I have to unplug the USB and power down the cable modem.

Can please someone assist me or post what I need to do next in order to get my homie (SB5100) up and running. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance. Man my finger stinks. LOL. Sorry for the humor.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

zanatos wrote:Thanks for those coming by to view this post. Like most I have a problem trying to get my SB5100 to work.

A friend of mine that only has experience with the Parallel Blackcat Cable tried putting the firmware and ended up bricking my modem. At least I believe that would be the term. Now that I have the USBJTAG NT cable connected to my cable modem and press "detect" I get this.

-detect
IDCODE 0334817F
Broadcom BCM3348
IMPCODE 00800908
EJTAG V1, V2.0
DMA supoorted
Found Address= 9fc00000 MX29LV161B

That should be a good sign I believe, but when I power it on I get no lights. I do have a backup of my SB5100, but when I try to write it to the cable modem it always gets stuck on erasing and I have to unplug the USB and power down the cable modem.

Can please someone assist me or post what I need to do next in order to get my homie (SB5100) up and running. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance. Man my finger stinks. LOL. Sorry for the humor.
This looks like you have boot erased. Use 0.37b. Select auto script and then select debrick then follow the prompt.
If you cannot do it please read this
http://www.usbjtag.com/jtagdevices/sb5100.php
"Rescue SB5100. When box not fire up. Normal programming will not work. First need to program boot"
number1001

Post by number1001 »

Where you get the old .37
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

number1001 wrote:Where you get the old .37
This Thread is Few months old. Use 0.40a Has all the same as 37b + updates USBBDM has made to the Software. ;)
RIP_Felipeferras

and now

Post by RIP_Felipeferras »

TUNDRA wrote:This Thread is Few months old. Use 0.40a Has all the same as 37b + updates USBBDM has made to the Software. ;)
now 40d
is on the left side on the downloading section