Arris CM820 Problem

JTAG software bug report.
Lebzul

Arris CM820 Problem

Post by Lebzul »

Hi

Has anybody played with this one? I made some backups with the XMLs of 6120, 6580, SVB6220 and when trying to restore those backups in another CM820, bang!, only one green light (Boot brick maybe). Ideas for debricking?

I'm not sure about the size of the full backup, one was 8mb and the other one was 16mb.

Which XML can I use in order to backup it properly? Is there a special method while writing the backup?

Thanks
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

First what kind of flash it uses?
If you have 8M flash you should use any 8Mflash and as long as you program entire chip and verified after the programming, then it should restored to original state unless there is hardware issue during ISP programming.
There is no RIGHT XML for this modem if you simply do backup and restore the entire flash. Only the size of the flash matters. So if you have 8M flah and you use SB6120 it should be fine to program the entire chip.
If you only program logic sectors then the XML MATTERS and you need to know what you are doing.
Lebzul

Post by Lebzul »

usbbdm wrote:First what kind of flash it uses?
If you have 8M flash you should use any 8Mflash and as long as you program entire chip and verified after the programming, then it should restored to original state unless there is hardware issue during ISP programming.
There is no RIGHT XML for this modem if you simply do backup and restore the entire flash. Only the size of the flash matters. So if you have 8M flah and you use SB6120 it should be fine to program the entire chip.
If you only program logic sectors then the XML MATTERS and you need to know what you are doing.
I managed to revive it with a newly backed-up one, but somehow doesn't pass over the third light. I used the DCP3000 XML.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

Lebzul wrote:Hi

Has anybody played with this one? I made some backups with the XMLs of 6120, 6580, SVB6220 and when trying to restore those backups in another CM820, bang!, only one green light (Boot brick maybe). Ideas for debricking?

I'm not sure about the size of the full backup, one was 8mb and the other one was 16mb.

Which XML can I use in order to backup it properly? Is there a special method while writing the backup?

Thanks
Yes. These are great modems, nice speeds..
Can be done with the USBJTAG NT. ISP point has been found but not been posted, that I know of.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
Carlito's way

There is one picture

Post by Carlito's way »

Lebzul

Post by Lebzul »

CAPONE wrote:Yes. These are great modems, nice speeds..
Can be done with the USBJTAG NT. ISP point has been found but not been posted, that I know of.
Correct me if I am wrong. I managed to read it by using one USB 3.3v adapter to pin 2 but, the problem here is to use the correct .xml file so I can educate it properly or is there a superb security layer or something like that. Am I right?