USBJTAG NT - WinXP x64

JTAG software bug report.
stomperz

win 7 64bit

Post by stomperz »

Just installed setup.rar 0.50 on my win 7 64bit machine
Have error with USBJTAGNT
(have not tried older Ver's)

UJModem works fine (recognizes modem - reads - writes - fine)

When I run USBJTAGNT I get this error
"this application failed to start because side-by-side-configuration is incorrect. Please see the application log or use the command-line systrace.exe tool for more detail."

In the admin/event log I get
"Activation context generation failed for "C:\UsbJtag\USBJTAGNT.exe". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.CRT,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50727.6195" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis."

ran sfc /scannow - no errors

have installed drivers and bla bla bla stuff

"publicKeyToken not found"
next step would be SxsTrace.exe I guessI haven't been able to figure out the command line for it yet
anyone?
joejoe332006

Post by joejoe332006 »

I getting the same error using windows 7 64-bit as well.

I hope there is a fix soon.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

I just installed on a fresh Windows 7 64 bit home and works fine. So I am unable to find any problem and thus cannot fix it. The build system had not changed so I do not understand why this issues happened.
joejoe332006

Post by joejoe332006 »

Sure strange that both of us are having the same issue with the same version of windows OS.I replaced the EXE of the version before the .50usbjtagnt program and it works again but the .50 does not work period. you may have a bad file on the download section.
stomperz

home

Post by stomperz »

usbbdm wrote:I just installed on a fresh Windows 7 64 bit home and works fine. So I am unable to find any problem and thus cannot fix it. The build system had not changed so I do not understand why this issues happened.
I have win7 Ultimate installed - joejoe332006 what do you have ?

I know I'm garbing at straws, but trying to find some kind of correlation between our computers.

( bitlocker featureis turned off btw)
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

joejoe332006 wrote:Sure strange that both of us are having the same issue with the same version of windows OS.I replaced the EXE of the version before the .50usbjtagnt program and it works again but the .50 does not work period. you may have a bad file on the download section.
If that where the case More than just 2 People would report having Problems. I have both windows 7 32 bit and 64 bit and don't have any problems running 0.50.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
stomperz

win 7 Version

Post by stomperz »

Earlier Version works on my system also.

Can it be differences between Windows 7 [color=#0054a6 !important][font=inherit !important][color=#0054a6 !important][font=inherit !important]Home[/font][/font][/color][/color] Premium, Professional, and Ultimate?
Need to start somewhere.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

stomperz wrote:Earlier Version works on my system also.

Can it be differences between Windows 7 [color=#0054a6 !important][font=inherit !important][color=#0054a6 !important][font=inherit !important]Home[/font][/font][/color][/color] Premium, Professional, and Ultimate?
Need to start somewhere.
I am running win7 home pre 32 bit and win 7 ultimate 64 bit. I don't run win 7 Pro
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
stomperz

Post by stomperz »

TUNDRA wrote:I am running win7 home pre 32 bit and win 7 ultimate 64 bit. I don't run win 7 Pro
I take it your usbjtag-nt on ultimate 64 bit works ok.

Maybe it's my dl of win 7 ultimate - I'll try an install on another box to see what happens.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

stomperz wrote:I take it your usbjtag-nt on ultimate 64 bit works ok.

Maybe it's my dl of win 7 ultimate - I'll try an install on another box to see what happens.
Yes Working with no Problem on Ultimate 64 bit
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

stomperz wrote:Earlier Version works on my system also.

Need to start somewhere.
Error seam to be related to computers that are not up to date on Updates. I just tryed and got error, installing vcredist_x86 ( for 32 bit in this case ) Plus installing any Updates Needed Got rid of Problem.
joejoe332006

Post by joejoe332006 »

Same Version

stomperz wrote:I have win7 Ultimate installed - joejoe332006 what do you have ?

I know I'm garbing at straws, but trying to find some kind of correlation between our computers.

joejoe332006

Post by joejoe332006 »

I am Pretty sure my machine is all updated with updates but I will make sure,
that fact is that it runs the version before the new one just fine.

TUNDRA wrote:Error seam to be related to computers that are not up to date on Updates. I just tryed and got error, installing vcredist_x86 ( for 32 bit in this case ) Plus installing any Updates Needed Got rid of Problem.
joejoe332006

Post by joejoe332006 »

Tundra My machine is updated with all windows updates so thats not the issue, and like I say it worked fine with 0.49 version. I think he has a bad download file or something on his site, I even tried to run it on my XP 32-bit Machine and same error.

joejoe332006 wrote:I am Pretty sure my machine is all updated with updates but I will make sure,
that fact is that it runs the version before the new one just fine.
joejoe332006

Post by joejoe332006 »

Yea I am not running any bitlocker as well.

stomperz wrote:I have win7 Ultimate installed - joejoe332006 what do you have ?