New to forum, QQ on on wiring ULink NT

JTAG software bug report.
RD_Atlanta

New to forum, QQ on on wiring ULink NT

Post by RD_Atlanta »

Hello,

New User & rookie to the BDM. My Ulink NT is scheduled to arrive today. I am soldering the (2.54 mm Pitch 10 Pin F/F IDC Flat Ribbon Cable Connector Dual Row) to a GM P04. A friend on the PCM Hackers site shared a Word Doc. showing the locations for the seven signals which I need to solder to the top PCB [RST, DS1, FRZ, DS0, DSCLK, BERR & 12v Write/Erase (since this PCM has Intel Flash)]. I think I'm clear on connecting all of those from the 10 pin connector to the PCB.

My questions are associated with a note in the doc which says "Connect WPP with 100 ohm resistor when you want to write to the chip. Make sure WPP is > 11.4v when power is on. Depending on your bench power supply, you may need to adjust the resistor value up or down to get in this range."
Specific Questions:
1. I don't see 'WPP' listed on the 10 signals on the 10 pin connector nor is it one of the 7 signals listed in the doc that I need to solder to the P04 PCB. Could someone please educate me & explain what the WPP signal is and where / how it gets connected to the P04 PCM PCB?
2. Perhaps once someone enlightens me on the WPP signal all of this will become clear but the note in the doc indicates that WPP needs to be > 11.4v and a 100 ohm resistor can be adjusted to achieve the needed range. I have a precise power supply and I can adjust the voltage level is needed, so I don't 'think' I need to tweak the referred to 100 ohm resistor.

Thank you for helping this rookie.
RD_Atlanta
usbbdm

Re: New to forum, QQ on on wiring ULink NT

Post by usbbdm »

WPP pin is the pin on your flash. Not on the BDM. Check your datasheet for the flash chip.
If you do not connect WPP pin you can still read the flash not you can not erase or program the chip.
100ohm or 150 ohm is to limit the current. You might get away to direct connect WPP pin to the 12V.